Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/jhonny-gonzalez-i-believe-abner-mares-afraid-me--74419

By Ernesto Castellanos, notifight.com

Jhonny Gonzalez (55-8, 47 KOs), the world featherweight champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC), was very annoyed as he was interviewed at the Romanza Gym in Mexico City.

Gonzalez was giving his response on the latest news that Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14 KOs) was going to take an interim-fight before their rematch. The Mexican champion scored an unexpected first round stoppage of Mares last August to captured the WBC crown.

After the fight, Mares exercised his contractual option for a rematch and prevented him from fighting until the rematch. They were set to fight reach other this month and then Mares withdrew with a rib injury. The rematch was then being discussed for March or April, but now it appears Mares is going to take another fight prior to facing Gonzalez for a second time.

"If there had been any doubt that Mares was scared of me, things are fully clear now. I expected an announcement of when Abner was fighting with me, but now something else comes out. How can you prepare for that? A lot of people doubt that he was actually injured in training when he withdrew from the fight with me," Gonzalez said.

"There are fighters who lost by knockout, as Abner lost with me, and that's when they start to realize fear. The same thing is happening here."

TELL EM :ohlawd:

The GAWD speaketh :blessed:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Maidanas last 4 fights 4-0

Khan 2-2

No Floyd fight for that bum :camby:

To be fair Khan lost a highly disputed fight against Peterson. I had him winning as do most other posters here

I view Khan as 3-1 in his last 4 fights and his competition to be slightly better than that of Maidana's

Like @Newzz I also believe Khan to be a better match-up for a fight with Floyd

Leaving Maidana free to get his ass beat in the Broner rematch

J12zo5G.gif

SuikodenII

Daps
Phucking wow
I mean, at 160 he got stopped in the 1st round by Noburhio Ishida........a guy GGG later knocked the F*&%&$*&#K out

I would've move him up either, he's perfect where he's at. Golovkin-Andy Lee is what happens when

A: Fighters with mandatory shots want no parts (Martin Murray)

B: Fighters the networks want no part of (Daniel Geale)

C: Other champions being busy or on the "other side": Kid Chocolate, Martinez, Sturm

D: I mean who else is left? N'Dam? Middleweight is kinda :patrice:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
James Kirkland turned down a fight with Canelo Alvarez and now Daniel Geale:comeon:

How does he ever expect to make a big name in this business if he keeps turning down his biggest fights?:snoop:
brehlen
Kirkland aint the type of dude to turn down a legit fight. He doesn't want to be dragged out of his weight class for a check. I respect that.

SuikodenII

Daps
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/317777-lems-latest-119

Hopkins-McCain630_Loeb.jpg

Boxers absorb considerable head trauma during training and preparation for their upcoming bouts long before entering the ring on fight night, according to Bernard Hopkins.

"Brain injuries is something that starts in the gym," the IBF light heavyweight titleholder told RingTV.com. "That's where you fight more rounds than you do on the night of the fight, and it can be worse even though you have head gear. You can run even more of a risk when you're training in the gym than in a fight because of the daily pounding."

Hopkins shared his comments in the wake of attending Tuesday's summit on fighter brain health and safety at the United States Capitol. The event was organized by The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, which has engaged in the most comprehensive study of professional boxers and the effect their sport has on thier brains to date.

Click here for a video of the event.

Participation in the study by nearly 400 active and retired fighters is completely voluntary, and the boxers receive free, ongoing assessments of their brain health and brain function, including MRI scans. Individual tests will be repeated annually for at least four years

"This project is a zillion percent important," said Hopkins, who was on hand Tuesday along with others including Democratic Senator Harry Reid of Las Vegas and Republican counterpart John McCain of Arizona.

"You need to be aware and conscious of how a fighter has to protect himself even more now than when you're done fighting. It's important because this research is long overdue. We need more research now than ever. There are so many more possibilities for great testing opportunities and preserving the lives of fighters now and in the future."

WBO junior lightweight titleholder Mikey Garcia was also present at the Washington event, which occurred one day after the death on Monday afternoon of featherweight boxer Oscar Gonzalez as a result of brain injuries he suffered during a 10th-round knockout loss to Jesus Galicia in Mexico City.

"It's obviously the worst thing that can happen in a fight, and something like that [Gonzalez's death] does open your eyes a lot. That's why this campaign is so important. It heightens awareness and it's a little scary," said Garcia.

"So that's why I want to make sure that we do everything possible to make sure that every time that we step into the ring that we're as healthy as possible. You want to make sure that we're not at risk for any tremendous changes in our health that can permanently affect you for the rest of your life."

@synistr I know you're a big fan of sparring but...........does this change your feelings towards it at all?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
brehlen
Kirkland aint the type of dude to turn down a legit fight. He doesn't want to be dragged out of his weight class for a check. I respect that.

He turned down the fight with Canelo Alvarez at 154 though which Josesito Lopez ended up getting:dwillhuh:

SuikodenII

Daps
He turned down the fight with Canelo Alvarez at 154 though which Josesito Lopez ended up getting:dwillhuh:
He wasn't 100% mentally or physically. He would've gotten thrashed and he knows it......