Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oh I see an ulterior motive. :mjpls:

While I commend #bandcamp for wanting a rematch, I think Broner should take Big Bro Floyd's advice and get his ass back to 135/140.
bieI008.png

Little brothers never listen to their Big Brothers

Maidana need to forgo seeing the birth of his first child and take this rematch

The money he'll make from losing will cover all his child's future needs
kfsa.png

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, starting next weekend I'll be on a hiatus since I'm moving overseas. I'm not sure how long it'll be till I have internet access, hopefully not too long but we'll just have to see.......

Wish me luck :ohlawd:

Breh :salute:on accomplishing your goal and I wish you good luck and health on your Asian odyssey

No one said BRONER can't ask for the rematch. YOU are acting like Maidana is ducking. That's crazy, given the evidence. I never said Khan is ducking Maidana. HE is saying that. I just think they should fight again, whether its before they both fight Floyd or after. It's a compelling fight to make given the paths their careers have taken. And Maidana has earned it. I think he's earned another run at Devon Alexander too. I also think Broner shouldn't jump back in that ring with Maidana so quickly. He's not a Sugar Ray, Pac, or Lennox level fighter at this stage, if he ever gets there at all. He made the jump to 147 too quickly.

I'm an AB fan, but the immediate rematch is a bad idea. I'm a Matthysse fan too. If they were trying to throw him back in with Garcia right away, I'd be against that too.

If you're really a fellow Broner supporter :salute:but Maidana is ducking Broner

If you're like most here who believe Khan ducked Alexander in favor of a Floyd fight than you should view Maidana as you view Khan
They're both rejecting fights in hopes of losing to the #1 P4P fighter and getting a major payday but unlike Khan, Maidana is contractually obligated to fight an opponent and instead of facing that opponent he now requests to fight Khan in a match where he'd make less money.

He's also using his unborn child as an excuse so his ducking is worse IMO :manny:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Bob Arum just compared Floyd Mayweather Jr.

to Adolf Hitler.

Todd Grisham "The less I say about that the better, coming up, the main event...."

Arum is as low as they come :birdman:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Brehs, starting next weekend I'll be on a hiatus since I'm moving overseas. I'm not sure how long it'll be till I have internet access, hopefully not too long but we'll just have to see.......

Wish me luck :ohlawd:
Better update your rankings nikka:ufdup:

:demonic:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/arums-comparison-mayweather-hitler-mixed-feel--74459

By Edward Chaykovsky

Some laughed, some were upset, and others were furious with promoter Bob Arum's recent interviews where the Top Rank CEO compared Floyd Mayweather's negotiating tactics to those of Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler. In several interviews, including one with ABS-CBN North American, Arum discussed the possibility of a mega-fight between Filipino star Manny Pacquiao and Mayweather. During the interview, Arum said the fight was unlikely because Mayweather is acting "Hitlerian."

“I know you are younger, [but in] the second World War, Hitler did that to the world. When we look at our man Manny Pacquiao, there is more Churchill in him than Chamberlain," Arum said, referring to Neville Chamberlain, the British leader known for his policy of appeasement toward Hitler.

"He is gonna stand up to these outlandish statements and threats. He is not gonna let a bully like Mayweather bully outside the ring and push him around. You have to understand if you talk back to a bully and you take a strong position with a bully, then the bully can back down and then logic will prevail and it might very well happen.”

“But it won’t happen if you keep appeasing the bully. Churchill taught us all that. I think Manny Pacquiao is cut from the mold of Churchill.”

But, this is not the first time Arum used a Nazi analogy to describe Mayweather. In 2012, during an ESPN radio interview, Arum compared Mayweather to Hitler's propagandist Joseph Goebbels. He voiced his statement while reacting to Mayweather's demands for Pacquiao to undergo a random drug testing protocol.

"For two years Pacquiao has said that he will take any drug test whoever administers it, so why is that still being talked about by Mayweather?" Arum said. "You see Mayweather is from the school of propaganda that Joseph Goebbels, who was Hitler's publicist, adopted. The more you say things over and over again the more people believe them."

I'm not even gonna............

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Bob Arum just compared Floyd Mayweather Jr.

to Adolf Hitler.

Todd Grisham "The less I say about that the better, coming up, the main event...."

Arum is as low as they come :birdman:
Shows how much he hates Mayweather and wont let him near Manny, being that a Jew who lived through the holocaust Hitler times, compares Mayweather a simple boxer to the dictator......

This is the 2nd time Arum said this, will it be swept under the rug again..........

Last edited: