Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I wanted to go to Thailand in June for a week vacation, seen the "travel time" and was like......nah:whoa:

Good luck again breh:obama:
16 hours on a plane breh............ but I got that Floyd Mayweather look in my eye, anything get in my way getting that Arturo Gatti treatment :whew:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Because an "immediate rematch clause" stipulates that the fight MUST happen immediately after the 1st fight, so that the champion has a chance to redeem himself and regain his title. That's why smart, business first Champions (and there management) have that written into every contract where they defend their belts.

Secondly, okay, But you're not allowed to say anything bad about Floyd once he destroys Maidana 12-0 in another boring affair:ufdup:

Maidanas last 4 fights 4-0

Khan 2-2

No Floyd fight for that bum :camby:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=74406#ixzz2sYdtHNXT

Alvarez-Angulo 3/8 Event To Air Live In Movie Theatres
Posted by: Jake Donovan on2/6/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Jake Donovan

The first major pay-per-view event of 2014 will play to a wider audience than anticipated.

The March 8 showdown between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Alfredo Angulo, which headlines at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, will be broadcast live in movie theatres throughout the United States, it was announced Thursday morning.

The coverage comes in addition to the event being distributed live by Showtime Pay-Per-View.

"March 8 will be a huge night for boxing, and as we team up with Fathom Events once again, fight fans in movie theaters around the United States will be able to experience the entire Canelo vs. Angulo event like they never have before," said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions.

The collaboration between Golden Boy Promotions and Fathom Events has become a semi-regular occurrence dating back to the blockbuster May '07 event between Floyd Mayweather and Oscar de la Hoya. An industry record-setting event at the time, 'The World Awaits' packed the MGM Grand, closed circuit theatres throughout the Vegas area and - in a hugely successful expirement - movie theatres throughout the country.

All of Mayweather's pay-per-view events have since been distributed to nationwide cinemas, as have other select events presented by Golden Boy Promotions.

Alvarez (42-1-1, 30KO) co-starred in the last pay-per-view card to play in movie theatres, his losing effort to Mayweather last September. The event went on to become the highest grossing boxing show of all-time, raking in nearly $150 million in PPV revenue, over $20 million at the live gate and millions more from closed circuit and cinema sales.

"The fans know that I always look to leave them satisfied with my performance in the ring and that's why I invite all of them to be part of a great experience by watching my fight against 'El Perro' Angulo on the big screen," said Alvarez, who hasn't fought since the loss to Mayweather. "I promise endless action from the first bell because when Mexican fighters get in the ring, fans are guaranteed a tremendous fight."

Angulo (22-3, 18KO) fights as a pay-per-view headliner for the first time in his career, as well as in the main marquee for a theatre-aired event. The March 8 showdown marks his first fight since a grueling war with Erislandy Lara, where Angulo scored two knockdowns and on his way to an upset before being forced to bow out after what was believed to be a broken orbital bone.

The 31-year old remains an industry cult favorite.

"My fans know that my hands speak louder than my words," said Angulo. "For those who don't know me, this cinematic experience with Canelo on March 8 will help you see why these hands always guarantee a great show. Please sit back, enjoy and get ready for a great performance."

The loaded undercard includes: Leo Santa Cruz versus Cristian Mijares in a 12-round super bantamweight title fight; Omar Figueroa in his first defense of his lightweight title against Ricardo Alvarez, one of several of Canelo's older fighting brothers; and Carlos Molina facing Jermall Charlo, in his first defense of the 154 lb. belt he lifted from Ishe Smith on the undercard of Mayweather-Alvarez last September.

Jake Donovan is the Managing Editor of Boxingscene.com, as well as a member of the Transnational Boxing Ratings Board, Yahoo Boxing Ratings Panel and the Boxing Writers Association of America. Twitter: @JakeNDaBox
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<< [/quote]

I think I might catch this fight now:ehh:

I wasnt paying $60 for Canelo vs Angulo:camby:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
16 hours on a plane breh............ but I got that Floyd Mayweather look in my eye, anything get in my way getting that Arturo Gatti treatment :whew:

Do what I did before my trip breh, smoke something before you leave the crib. gets some drinks at the airport bar, get a few more on the plane and then try to watch Klitschko vs Alexander Povetkin :deadmanny:The flight attendant should be shaking you awake by the time you have to get ready to land :salute:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Do what I did before my trip breh, smoke something before you leave the crib. gets some drinks at the airport bar, get a few more on the plane and then try to watch Klitschko vs Alexander Povetkin :deadmanny:The flight attendant should be shaking you awake by the time you have to get ready to land :salute:

:bryan:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You know man, I dont give a shyt if Floyd/Khan is the most exciting fight.. Because of how hard he blatently ducked Alexander, Khan dont deserve shyt but a salami sandwich..

Casting my vote for Maidana right now...

Can we vote multiple times??
My sentiments down to the tee even multiple voting, but I dont have the time for that multiple voting shyt, GB boy better know that if they choose Khan they............................:ufdup:

I will never buy another Floyd PPV off the strength of this, even though I know this a Schaefer move with Khan rather than a Floyd thing.......................But in war there's casualties........

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
:russ:

I don't drink/smoke but Byrd/Williamson should do the trick.......

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Lamont Peterson on fighting Danny Garcia courtesy of fighthype.com:
"I believe it's going to be a good fight. I don't think that it couldn't be a good fight.You have two young guys at the top of the division; it only makes sense for us to fight. It would be an entertaining fight, but I just think overall, my experience and overall skill would be the key to victory for me.

Lamont Peterson on fighting Lucas Matthysse again courtesy of fighthype.com:
"...I know, deep down inside that I'm a better fighter than Matthysse. The fight happened the way it happened, but I know I'm the better fighter. If we were to fight again, I believe I would win."

:yeshrug:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Because an "immediate rematch clause" stipulates that the fight MUST happen immediately after the 1st fight, so that the champion has a chance to redeem himself and regain his title. That's why smart, business first Champions (and there management) have that written into every contract where they defend their belts.

Secondly, okay, But you're not allowed to say anything bad about Floyd once he destroys Maidana 12-0 in another boring affair:ufdup:
Once again like I stated in another thread had there actually been a rematch Maidana wouldnt be on the table, how the fukk Boner people, Maidana , and Schaefer himself all said there was no rematch clause then flip flop saying oh it's a rematch clause when Schaefer then understood fans would clamor for a Mayweather, meaning Khan is done......

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Lamont Peterson on fighting Danny Garcia courtesy of fighthype.com:

Lamont Peterson on fighting Lucas Matthysse again courtesy of fighthype.com:

:yeshrug:

Danny Garcia does USADA Testing, so Peterson will come into ring looking frail like KD....Don't want to see......Waste of time.............Fight won't happen

Matthysse deserves another shot at Swift far more than Pederson. So Peterson better avenge that embarrassing L if he wants to even think Garcia

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

Dont drink or smoke! Man then thats a bit tougher, ok here what you do breh compile all the Freddy Roach interviews you can find into one video and try to watch them. That guy could put a damn meth addict that just hit up right to sleep, Freddy's voice sounds like slowpoke off pokemon was sippin lean!

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

:wow:are you confident china chin would even last 12 rounds?? 6 rounds?? If Mayweather double downs on those Xylocaine injects, he's done.. Dont let Khan try to touch gloves:banderas:

I dont give a fukk about if its a 12-0 Floyd shutout anyway. He has no interest to fight the best out there so whetever. So whats another 12-0 shutout??. Its just the fact that Khan doesn't deserve the money. Not only that.. hes gonna get KOd early and get an undeserved super payday :camby:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

interesting...they are really pushing canelo to be a PPV attraction :patrice:..this is the first time i heard of a non floyd ppv being available in the theaters...its not really a card worthy of being in theaters...its an exciting card that should be shown on regular showtime..and linares-arakawa needs to be bumped up to the main card instead of being on showtime xtreme...that has FOTY candidate written all over :whew:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Byrd-Williamson :huhldup:...I remember watching this fight in my dorm with the :scusthov: on my face..only 2 good things to say about this fight

1. The ref was ready to DQ both of them for non fighting
2. James Toney ripped the shyt out of this fight (and insulted Chris Byrd's wife :lolbron:)

I was so disappointed. I was rooting for TOS to take that belt off Byrd but these nikkas just had to be friends and shyt :smh: