Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. I like Mikey a lot. My thing is I think 130 and 135 are the divisions he can dominate. I think he is the best fighter there and could spend several years owning those weight classes. Crawford may be his biggest challenge, but I still like Mikey more now.
However, Mikey's camp keeps saying 140 one day...and they are talking sooner rather than later. At 140 I dont like Mikey at all...I think there are many fighters who Mikey would lose to at 140. The way his natural weight looks, his height, power, chin...I think he shouldn't move past 135 for as long as he can comfortably make weight.
But they want to make him a star with bigger paydays and that is more likely to occur at 140.

He can have a good reign if you keep him away from certain fighters. Mikey is another overhyped fighter in my book. I know people saying that he would beat Gamboa but I aint sure of that. Gamboa hand speed could be a problem. Now, Gamboa may very well stink it out. That fight could eerily resemble Norwood-Marquez.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WBC stay with the bullshyt. Never fight at a weight but be high ranked brehs

Degale vs Badou Jack will determine whos mandatory though

utter non-sense. this is what is hurting boxing. when you rank him...it needs to be at MW or LHW. how does he get #1 at a weight he never fought at and leapfrog everyone else? is this a shameless set up to give Jr a shot at the weakest champion? WBC feels indebted to the Chavez' and this would make him 2x champ in 2 divisions? its not that hard to become champ these days. be careful what you wish for though.....Bika aint Vera.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Chavez Jr. rated WBC #1 at super middleweight; Broner stripped of WBC lightweight belt
Former WBC middleweight champion and “Son of the Legend” Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is now the #1 rated super middleweight in the latest WBC ratings, moving up from the #2 spot after #1 Marco Antonio Periban was dropped to #4. Neither fighter fought in December.

In September Chavez was rated at #2 in the middleweight division. He was unable to make weight for a September 28 bout with Bryan Vera, eventually weighing in at 172.4 lbs. In the November and December ratings, Chavez was placed at #2 in the super middleweight division before ascending to the top spot. He is scheduled to face Vera in a rematch on March 1 on HBO.

Also, Adrien Broner was finally stripped of the WBC lightweight belt after leaving the division. Omar Figueroa is taking over as 135lb champion.

AB is without belts:to:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
utter non-sense. this is what is hurting boxing. when you rank him...it needs to be at MW or LHW. how does he get #1 at a weight he never fought at and leapfrog everyone else? is this a shameless set up to give Jr a shot at the weakest champion? WBC feels indebted to the Chavez' and this would make him 2x champ in 2 divisions? its not that hard to become champ these days. be careful what you wish for though.....Bika aint Vera.

almost makes me wish dirrell actually took away bika's title...cuz dirrell would beat the shyt out of jr too

actually @synistr breh i think steiglitz is possibly the weakest 168 champ currently..hes the only one that has actually been ko'ed lol

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Whispers are going around Khan may be off the table due to a recent arrest(allegedly coke), dude needs to off himself how do you fail to cash a lottery ticket over and over:wow:

Cant wait to see what the news is:mjlol:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WBC stay with the bullshyt. Never fight at a weight but be high ranked brehs

Degale vs Badou Jack will determine whos mandatory though

:whoa: that fight isnt signed yet and even if it gets done it would happen on March 1st at earliest. which is when the Vera rematch takes place. the question is, when is the mandatory due? if Jr beats Vera, he still can get his shot before Degale/Jack. then Degale/Jack would subsequently get their shot.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
almost makes me wish dirrell actually took away bika's title...cuz dirrell would beat the shyt out of jr too

actually @synistr breh i think steiglitz is possibly the weakest 168 champ currently..hes the only one that has actually been ko'ed lol

Bika has one of the best beards in boxing, but that dont make him better than Steiglitz. they are about even to me. Bika best win over Periban but Dirrell fukked up....he shouldve had that win.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AB is without belts:to:

I seriously doubt he was gonna fight there again anyway. if he wanted to, he could ask the WBC to insert him in as #1. I think he is done with Lightweight though. No point in going back there unless he is gonna go for big fights and stay for a while.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Timothy Bradley talking that shyt brehs:ohlawd:

timothybradley4.jpg

BT: When people talk about Pacquiao's advantages, they always mention his speed and his use of angles. If you had to pick your biggest advantage going into the rematch, what would it be?

TB: I feel I'm the more intelligent fighter. I'm coming off one of the biggest wins of my career against Marquez, and he's by far one of the most intelligent fighter in the boxing game and I was able to out-think him. I'ma be able to out-think Pacquiao as well. Coming into this fight, I feel I definitely will be able to out-think Pacquiao.

BT: Having already fought both guys, which do you think will be the tougher rematch for you?

TB: I think Marquez. I think Marquez would probably be more difficult. Pacquiao has a lot of speed and power in both hands, but he's very predictable. Marquez is not and that's the reason he was able to give Pacquiao fits all the times because he made Pacquiao think. You know, Marquez was more cerebral than Pacquiao. Marquez always said, "He wont beat me because he's not smarter than me." I honestly feel that Marquez is very, very, very smart and he made adjustments in the fight. He altered his game and, you know, I had to my as well because I had to be ready for whatever he was doing. Pacquiao only fights really one way, man. Yeah, he only fights one way

BT: Wow. You basically just called Pacquiao one-dimensional (laughing).

TB: (Laughing) Yeah. Hey, I call it like I see it. He only fights one way. Pacquiao only fights one way and the way that Pacquiao fights is effective when you have a guy that comes straight at him. It's not effective when you have a guy that doesn't come straight at him.

http://fighthype.com/news/article16049.html

Shots fired by Bradley:heh:

Sad @Black_Jesus?:to:

Smug @mr. smoke weed?:smugbiden:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
We just gonna have to remove Lamont Peterson's belts from him:manny:

Lamonts height and reach might give AB some problems but if AB is gonna start living up to his potential/hype he would (and honestly should :sadcam:) win in a comfortable fashion, lamont isnt great by any means but hes a solid B level fighter and a better boxer than Maidana. Could be a fantastic, and most certainly an intriguing fight if it happened. I could easily see this fight go either way!