Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73855#ixzz2r3Tu2icm
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Jake Donovan
The good news for HBO – and boxing fans – is that Gennady Golovkin will remain a fixture on the network as the 2014 boxing season takes shape.
The bad news is, the on-air relationship will not resume until the spring.
HBO and K2 Promotions, Golovkin’s promoter have exhausted all efforts in attempting to secure air time for the unbeaten middleweight’s next ring appearance, a February 1 title defense in Monte Carlo versus Osumana Adama. The deal called for the fight to be carried live in a mid-afternoon special on HBO2, but ultimately fell through.
“After extensive collective efforts, logistics to produce the fight from Monte Carlo could not be resolved,” the network said in a statement through its PR team. “We have tried for the past month to find a way to televise Gennady Golovkin vs. Osumanu Adama on Feb. 1 from Monte Carlo.
“Unfortunately, the venue could not accommodate our production needs. We spent weeks looking at creative ways to produce a telecast for the HBO2 service from Monte Carlo and it simply could not get resolved. We are grateful for all the assistance from Tom Loeffler and K2 in trying to get us accommodated.”
Both sides knew it was a long shot to have the fight aired, but the plan was always for Golovkin to fight overseas for his first fight of 2014.
“We're bringing back the true definition of a world champion,” Loeffler says of the unbeaten knockout artist, who enjoyed a stellar 2013 campaign. “The significance of this fight in Monte Carlo—when he fights there he's prime time in Germany and in Kazakhstan and all of the markets in the former Soviet Union.
“It’s important to maintain his prime time presence in his home region. We will continue to market him in the United States, and proudly showcase him on HBO. The plan is to have him fight regularly in the United States, mixed in with one international fight per year to build his brand as an international superstar.”
Golovkin saw three of his four fights in 2013 air live on HBO. His lone fight off their airwaves during the year came in his trip to Monte Carlo last March, scoring a highlight reel knockout of Nobuhiro Ishida.
K2 Promotions has a hold on Madison Square Garden’s The Theatre for April 26, where Golovkin—pending a win over Adama on February 1—will headline in what will serve in his official 2014 HBO-televised debut.
With HBO2 unable to carry the fight, viewers in the United States wishing to (legally) watch the event will have the option of ordering through an independent pay-per-view outlet.
Jake Donovan is the Managing Editor of Boxingscene.com, as well as the Records Keeper for the Transnational Boxing Ratings Board and a member of Boxing Writers Association of America. Twitter: @JakeNDaBox

looks like it will either be airing on wealth tv, which I don't mind, or epix :scusthov:...else its stream action for me...im not buying no low level PPV like hat

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73835#ixzz2r3z7nj00

Garcia: Maidana Capable of Beating Floyd Mayweather
Posted by: Salvador Rodriguezon 1/20/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Salvador Rodriguez

Trainer Robert Garcia feels WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana is fully capable of defeating the number one fighter in the world, pound for pound, Floyd Mayweather Jr., who also holds the WBC's title at 147-pounds. Since training with Garcia, Maidana has found new life in the welterweight division and racked up several big wins - including last year's upset decision of previously undefeated Adrien Broner.

Maidana and Amir Khan were the two fighters under consideration for Mayweather's return on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It appears Khan is the likely candidate to get selected. Most see Mayweather easily defeating either fighter, but Garcia says Maidana is certainly capable of another shocking performance.

"Maidana frustrates [opponents], breaks them down. He hit them in the hip, arms, everywhere where you least expect. It's a matter of styles. Maidada may not be the best counterpuncher or has the best defense, but he has heart and he can endure the tough pace of a twelve round fight. I say he has a chance [to win]. If Jose Luis Castillo was able to beat him, although [Mayweather's] record says otherwise, why wouldn't Maidana have a chance after seeing how he beat Josesito Lopez and Adrien Broner," explained Garcia.

:dead:

This dude said JLC beat Floyd:snoop: Yes, the first fight was close, but Floyd won that fight AND he had a bad hand in that fight. Then he destroyed him in the rematch.

This is EXACTLY why I dont wanna see Maidana vs Floyd. As you can read, Garcia is basically saying that they are gonna try and emulate the exact same style, that EVERYBODY that fights Floyd and loses, uses. JLC in the rematch, Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Alvarez all used the same "Im gonna maul and rough Floyd up" style and got that ass tapped easily:camby:

That style will NOT beat Floyd, because he has too much practice against it now. Floyd's toughest fight was Zab Judah and, out of his own mouth, Emmanuel Burton. They didnt try and maul Floyd. They boxed him and used their hand speed (Zab) and angles (Burton) to gain success in their fights.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
lu9pBWw.png

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
:dead:

This dude said JLC beat Floyd:snoop: Yes, the first fight was close, but Floyd won that fight AND he had a bad hand in that fight. Then he destroyed him in the rematch.

This is EXACTLY why I dont wanna see Maidana vs Floyd. As you can read, Garcia is basically saying that they are gonna try and emulate the exact same style, that EVERYBODY that fights Floyd and loses, uses. JLC in the rematch, Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Alvarez all used the same "Im gonna maul and rough Floyd up" style and got that ass tapped easily:camby:

That style will NOT beat Floyd, because he has too much practice against it now. Floyd's toughest fight was Zab Judah and, out of his own mouth, Emmanuel Burton. They didnt try and maul Floyd. They boxed him and used their hand speed (Zab) and angles (Burton) to gain success in their fights.
:what:

And plenty of people think Castillo won that first fight, it wasn't a clear victory at all.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:what:

And plenty of people think Castillo won that first fight, it wasn't a clear victory at all.

Floyd had a bad left shoulder in the 1st fight and won on all 3 judges cards and the AP.....as well as to me, even though it was close.

Best case scenario, it was a draw for JLC:manny:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
U.S. boxing fans will apparently be shut out of seeing a television broadcast of WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin’s February 1 world title defense against Chicago-based Osumanu Adama. Citing “logistics,” HBO (which has an exclusive deal to televise Golovkin’s bouts in the U.S.), has announced will not carry the fight. However, Canadian television rights distributor Octapixx will be providing the fight card from Monte Carlo to millions of viewers from all over the world, and it’s very easy for a network to pick up a satellite feed and add their own announcers either on-site or remotely. HBO could easily air this card if they really wanted to.

HBHeaux ain't slick........

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Yeah first fight was tough...I remember watching it and felt like it was a close fight and that Floyd probably lost...but I was young and new to the sport and definitely probably influenced by Lederman's card at the time. I have watched it since and I felt that Floyd clearly won a close fight.
That said, it was Floyd's closest fight IMO and JLC did a great job, by far the best job of anyone using his strength and knowledge vs Floyd's speed and skills. Maybe it was due to Floyd's hands (or that JLC had a godly chin), but JLC was able to be unaffected by Floyd's punches. All other fighters say that they will walk through him, then he starts punching him in the face and they realize their game plan wont work.

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd had a bad left shoulder in the 1st fight and won on all 3 judges cards and the AP.....as well as to me, even though it was close.

Best case scenario, it was a draw for JLC:manny:

Floyd won. It was a case where extra credit is given and a performance is overstated because its out of the norm. Same with Jones-Griffin I. Griffin wasnt doing that damn much, its just that nobody seen Roy lose any rounds before. Likewise with Floyd. Its like my man said, best case scenario for JLC was a draw...and I wasnt seeing that even.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that and not giving a shyt about making weight for fights

Imagine the frustration of trying to manage a guy like that

Manager: "Hey Joan, if we stay here at lightweight, we may be able to grab a couple of major titles"

*Guzman looks at the ranking*

Guzman: "I want to fight that guy"

Manager:" But Joan, this guy fights at 154"

Guzman: "We fight there next"
Fukk that niigga man. That short run he had with Mayweather Sr was :ohlawd:

This is what I respect about Danny Garcia & his dad. They respect the sport. When you hear him & his dad talk, they have a clear plan outlined. If you respect the sport, the money will be there. They aren't just jumping around weight classes just to chase a quick payday, even though they get pressured to move up not only from their promoter, but even fans.