Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

This dude said JLC beat Floyd:snoop: Yes, the first fight was close, but Floyd won that fight AND he had a bad hand in that fight. Then he destroyed him in the rematch.

This is EXACTLY why I dont wanna see Maidana vs Floyd. As you can read, Garcia is basically saying that they are gonna try and emulate the exact same style, that EVERYBODY that fights Floyd and loses, uses. JLC in the rematch, Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Alvarez all used the same "Im gonna maul and rough Floyd up" style and got that ass tapped easily:camby:

That style will NOT beat Floyd, because he has too much practice against it now. Floyd's toughest fight was Zab Judah and, out of his own mouth, Emmanuel Burton. They didnt try and maul Floyd. They boxed him and used their hand speed (Zab) and angles (Burton) to gain success in their fights.

I thought Castillo did good in the rematch, he just clearly lost to the superior man. He did about as well as anyone could fighting a great like Floyd. Floyd clearly won, but once again Castillo made him earn that victory.

As a trainer, I don't even believe Garcia himself believes Maidana can beat a guy like Mayweather. It's a big payday for trainer & fighter & Maidana would most likely come out of the fight unscathed. Losing to Mayweather would not drop his stock at all.

Your taking Garcia's talk way too seriously when he's just trying to talk himself into fight. Best way to do it is by bringing up the Castillo fights. The Castillo fights were like 12 years ago. If they did land the Floyd fight, I doubt they would even watch, well not watch, but i doubt they would seriously "study" those fights. Trainers look at recent fights to study fighters.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I thought Castillo did good in the rematch, he just clearly lost to the superior man. He did about as well as anyone could fighting a great like Floyd. Floyd clearly won, but once again Castillo made him earn that victory.

As a trainer, I don't even believe Garcia himself believes Maidana can beat a guy like Mayweather. It's a big payday for trainer & fighter & Maidana would most likely come out of the fight unscathed. Losing to Mayweather would not drop his stock at all.

Your taking Garcia's talk way too seriously when he's just trying to talk himself into fight. Best way to do it is by bringing up the Castillo fights. The Castillo fights were like 12 years ago. If they did land the Floyd fight, I doubt they would even watch, well not watch, but i doubt they would seriously "study" those fights. Trainers look at recent fights to study fighters.

It's not even Maidana. Its that style.

Floyd is unflappable in the ring and everyone who tries the JLC style ends up losing exactly the same. I'm tired of watching people come into the fight with the same game plan.

I wanna see somebody try something new, maybe box Mayweather and see where that goes. Last fighter who actually tried to box Floyd was Zab.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd won. It was a case where extra credit is given and a performance is overstated because its out of the norm. Same with Jones-Griffin I. Griffin wasnt doing that damn much, its just that nobody seen Roy lose any rounds before. Likewise with Floyd. Its like my man said, best case scenario for JLC was a draw...and I wasnt seeing that even.

Floyd won the first 5 rounds of the Castillo fight. These weren't rounds that could go either way, they were really pretty clear.

So for Castillo to win this fight, that means he would have had to win 7 rounds in a row against Mayweather? C'mon

Castillo did his thing in the second half of the fight, but it wasn't enough.

Black Gatsby

Lord$ Never Worry
Daps
Reppin
London
Garcia knows full well that Maidana ain't beating Floyd same way he knew Rios was going to get flogged by Pac. Talk it up make more money leave with an L but your rep untarnished because Floyd is that good.

Black Gatsby

Lord$ Never Worry
Daps
Reppin
London
And whilst in terms of boxing and business it makes sense, fans ain't trying to see Pac/Bradley again. Only Pac fans and saps care about that fight.

The Pinoy running out of opponents

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's not even Maidana. Its that style.

Floyd is unflappable in the ring and everyone who tries the JLC style ends up losing exactly the same. I'm tired of watching people come into the fight with the same game plan.

I wanna see somebody try something new, maybe box Mayweather and see where that goes. Last fighter who actually tried to box Floyd was Zab.

Canelo tried to box Floyd breh N he was shytted on for that game plan :yeshrug: