Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Guerrerro aint Soto-Karrass who was whipping Thurmans ass...
I just watched that Soto-Karass/Thurman fight again last night and aside from one really good punch that rocked Thurman, One Time was controlling that fight. He had Soto-Karass following him around the ring just eating punches and he was confounding him with his movement.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AB should just say fukk it, move down to 140, and relieve Lamont Peterson of his belt. GBP gonna fukk around and make Maidana vs Thurman and One Time gonna KO him.

Maidana better hope Floyd doesn't go with Khan, because if so, Maidana is done if Broner don't fight him. High risk, low reward Thurman and Guerrero are waiting in the wings.

all true...except AB would look like a bytch callin out Pete after talkin all that "big brother" crap. Pete's belt is worthless right now and beating Jean wont change much. AB next fight needs to be a career defining fight. whether its a rematch with Maidana or he seeks out another top gun at whatever weight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AB should just say fukk it, move down to 140, and relieve Lamont Peterson of his belt. GBP gonna fukk around and make Maidana vs Thurman and One Time gonna KO him.

Maidana better hope Floyd doesn't go with Khan, because if so, Maidana is done if Broner don't fight him. High risk, low reward Thurman and Guerrero are waiting in the wings.

all true...except AB would look like a bytch callin out Pete after talkin all that "big brother" crap. Pete's belt is worthless right now and beating Jean wont change much. AB next fight needs to be a career defining fight. whether its a rematch with Maidana or he seeks out another top gun at whatever weight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ricardo Mayorga joins reality show cast

Flamboyant three time world champion Ricardo “El Matador” Mayorga has officially joined the cast of NUVOtv’s Knockout boxing reality show. Mayorga will make his return to the ring after a three year absence. The 40-year-old tried his hand at mixed martial arts but is happy to be returning to the sport that he loves. “I had a great time in MMA. It was something that I always wanted to do but boxing is my first love. I want to make one last run in boxing and I am now working with Ivaylo (Gotzev) and he will help get me to the championship fights. I will start by winning this television show,” said Mayorga.
The highly anticipated show highlights the 140, 147 and 154 pound weight class. World class trainers Floyd Mayweather Sr., Yoel Judah, and Ruben Guerrero will lead the fighters into competition against each other and the winners will then step up and fight a top 20 contender or blue chip prospect.

let the fukkery begin :blessed:
that show is going to have so much fukkery

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he knows..skip for whatever reason is not a fan of fights ending with body shots lol

still though...DLH wasnt THAT damn hurt. he didnt want anymore. after that shot he packed it in. as evident after the 10 count was over he was up walking around pretending to be pissed. it wasnt even a good sell. :comeon:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched that Soto-Karass/Thurman fight again last night and aside from one really good punch that rocked Thurman, One Time was controlling that fight. He had Soto-Karass following him around the ring just eating punches and he was confounding him with his movement.

Guerrero isnt Soto-Karass...that part is true. Still, I like Thurman. He has his flaws, but I think he is a very good fighter and soon to be top 5 WW. He gets criticized for his weaknesses, but I have been impressed by his boxing which most people probably dont give him much credit for.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
lol. somebody always gotta bring that up. If you want to say a cheat is a cheat then I am with you....however....

Fact: Roy was caught with a banned substance
Fact: That banned substance was readily available to anyone who had access to GNC. It was legal but banned. No different than Gatorade.
Fact: It a fighter drinks Gatorade and its not sanctioned or approved, it is against the rules.
Fact: The fight was against Richard Hall, who also tested positive for the same substance
Fact: That fight was for the WBC, WBA, and IBF titles, yet the only organization that banned the substance was the IBF.
Fact: Because it was a legal substance and not banned by other sanctioning bodies, the IBF did NOT strip Roy, nor did they fine him.

is a fighter drinking Gatorade considered cheating? yes. is too much emphasis placed on the word cheating in that instance? absolutely. also, if this match isnt for the IBF belt then we are not even having this conversation. also, the WBC approved Gatorade for fights while other organizations didnt. thats the same situation here. if someone were to use Gatorade in the corner and its a WBA fight for instance, that is a banned substance by said organization.

sn: I know people who roid and have grown up around it. I can see the difference one way or the other in a matter of days. it wasnt like Roy didnt have super human speed when he was in the Olympics. or did they rig those tests too?

He was caught with crazy elevated testosterone levels and claimed it was "Ripped Fuel". Walking around with the test levels of a bull shark and say you got it from a creatine supplement brehs.

:camby:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He was caught with crazy elevated testosterone levels and claimed it was "Ripped Fuel". Walking around with the test levels of a bull shark and say you got it from a creatine supplement brehs.

both them nikkas were on that shyt...richard hall had like 3 times the level that roy had lol which prolly stopped that fight from being a no contest

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
church. whenever fighters do this, they are not truly confident that they will win a rematch. if Broner was so easy for him, I dont see why he just dont go back and finish that fraud off and be done with it. its business so it is what it is. dont mean it at :scusthov: though. he is looking to pull a Vargas. deny Winky a rematch while cashing in on Oscar (nothing wrong with that) but then try and get a Winky rematch after he gets the belts. Its basically no or never for Maidana-Broner II. Why? Because, if Broner continues to lose it wont happen. If Broner regains his stature, and Maidana loses, he gonna be like Winky and say "fukk I need you for?"
I don't see how anyone can look at what Maidana is doing as anything other than negotiating tactics. Dude wants the Floyd fight because no matter what happens he gets the biggest pay day of his life and gets more attention than he would against any other fighter. And if GBP is really eager for that Broner rematch then he can hold out to make them sweeten his end of the money for that fight so that he gets a bump up in pay.
This is business first and Maidana is doing what any good businessman would do in his position.
The last thing he should do is just agree to a rematch without trying to maximize his profits just because the guy who be beat convincingly is in a rush to get beat up again.
Read between the lines and what Maidana is basically saying is that he could be ready whenever for a FLoyd fight but GBP needs to sweeten the deal for that Broner rematch.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

we can do this all day but I am not going to spend much time on it. did he test positive against BHop, Toney, Ruiz (years later) no. yet he tested positive against an opponent he needed it against least...who by the way tested positive as well.

you do know that Hall's levels were TWICE the level that was found in Roy's system? and Hall still got KTFO. so what did it do for Hall if he was twice as juiced?

again, it wasnt illegal substance....only banned. which RJJ has to be accountable for.

the only fight in question that I know of is Richard Hall.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how anyone can look at what Maidana is doing as anything other than negotiating tactics. Dude wants the Floyd fight because no matter what happens he gets the biggest pay day of his life and gets more attention than he would against any other fighter. And if GBP is really eager for that Broner rematch then he can hold out to make them sweeten his end of the money for that fight so that he gets a bump up in pay.
This is business first and Maidana is doing what any good businessman would do in his position.
The last thing he should do is just agree to a rematch without trying to maximize his profits just because the guy who be beat convincingly is in a rush to get beat up again.
Read between the lines and what Maidana is basically saying is that he could be ready whenever for a FLoyd fight but GBP needs to sweeten the deal for that Broner rematch.

I agree with you. thats the nature of the business. you have a point. the only thing is, is this really how Maidana feels? we dont know. he may not want to fight Broner again ever until Broner gets back on top. I just dont think you have to play games in order to negotiate. Just simply negotiate.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wonder now that jose sulaiman is deceased what this means to the WBC?...are they going to rescind all the bullshyt belts they put out now?

its gonna be the same, or likely worse. why would they try and be an upright and honest organization?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
we can do this all day but I am not going to spend much time on it. did he test positive against BHop, Toney, Ruiz (years later) no. yet he tested positive against an opponent he needed it against least...who by the way tested positive as well.

you do know that Hall's levels were TWICE the level that was found in Roy's system? and Hall still got KTFO. so what did it do for Hall if he was twice as juiced?

again, it wasnt illegal substance....only banned. which RJJ has to be accountable for.

the only fight in question that I know of is Richard Hall.

So because Hall juiced and got beat juicing isn't cheating now? :beli:

Banned substance? Roy got caught with high ass test levels and claimed it was from a creatine supplement. You can go out and buy Ripped Fuel right now and it isn't going to do shyt to your testosterone levels. :comeon:

This is my point boxing fans stay giving Roy a pass for cheating. He got caught once who is to say he didn't beat the system for all of those other fights.

nikkas get up in arms over the SUSPICION of Manny cheating. If Floyd got caught on gear the internet would probably explode.

Roy cheats and it's "bbbbut he didn't get caught against xyz fighter" Like dudes who get on gear get caught every time they do it. :beli: