Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:blessed:

nikkas so quick to look for another boogey man :lolbron: Ya'll was saying the same thing against Matthysse :bryan:

nikkas pray and pray on Swift's downfall :russ:

That's still the :laff:moment of 2013

They thought because he left late replacement opponent Dallas Jr and chicken legged Pederson:deadmanny:

He would do the same to Swift

97irvc.jpg

A lot of y'all are hypocritical as shyt and not consistent when it comes to your view points on boxing:camby:

Your points change upon what boxer you're talking about. Just for example, nikkas have no problem seeing an immediate rematch between Gonzalez/Mares (Mares KTFO early in the fight), but say there's no need for a rematch between Broner/Maidana:snoop:

These are the same people saying Broner v Malignaggi was a close fight.

They hate him so much they gave Paulie rounds because he threw a bunch of punches that didn't land

Broner threw 300 less and still landed 30 more punches than Paulette :russ:

They know once Maidana stops ducking we getting our belt back and they can't stand it :steviej:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
ditto and id still make maidana the favorite in the rematch...broner hasn't learned shyt so far...nikka is still in them clubs partying

Maidana can be the favorite, but he has no choice to accept a rematch bc he agreed to it contract.

I just don't see how nikkas is okay with Gonzalez/Mares when Mares was blasted out in the 1st round, but Broner/Maidana is "why should Maidana fight him again?":camby:

The hatred is strong:ohlawd:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
That's still the :laff:moment of 2013

They thought because he left late replacement opponent Dallas Jr and chicken legged Pederson:deadmanny:

He would do the same to Swift

97irvc.jpg

These are the same people saying Broner v Malignaggi was a close fight.

They hate him so much they gave Paulie rounds because he threw a bunch of punches that didn't land

Broner threw 300 less and still landed 30 more punches than Paulette :russ:

They know once Maidana stops ducking we getting our belt back and they can't stand it :steviej:

You already know breh:salute:

But sometimes, we gotta call em out on their bullshyt:heh:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/golden-boys-vp-reacts-abner-mares-injury-doubts--73712

So the official letter states no broken ribs, mild inflammation and bruising, and you're telling me you have NO idea when Mares can return.............fukk this, Golden Boy fukking around trying to protect Mares, stop trying to be nice, drop that belt and move on up to 130. There's no need to kill yourself making weight for this horse shyt :camby:

http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-coleman-attacks-exec-rick-glaser-on-knockout-set--73716

:dwillhuh: This shyt just don't stop.......

-RIP to Jose Suilaman, wonder how different things will be under new WBC president......???

@Newzz if Maidana has the option of facing Broner II or Mayweather, you're gonna hold it against him if he chooses Mayweather?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:camby: He chose not to fight Khan to get a Pacquiao fight, that's not a duck it's a step up smart dumb ninja

I would agree with you except there was no guarantee he had the Pac fight in the bag. He wasnt even signed to TR. Yes, he did know he had a chance to get the Pac fight, but he turned down his biggest payday to split from his promoter, go to TR, then fight Abregu FIRST. it wasnt a guarantee he got past Abregu and if he did it wasnt a guarantee he got Pac. Fortunately for him it worked out. Still, it was about as clear of a duck as you can get if you want to call anyone else a duck...then Bradley gets no pass. Khan did the same thing with Alexander....so he aint off the hook either.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mayweather vs. Maidana & Broner vs. Khan would make a lot more sense. Khan's stock could not be lower than it is right now and Maidana's stock could not be higher than it is right now. Mayweather is not stupid. There's gotta be a reason he's dragging his feet on this fight announcement. Khan has been rumored for months.

Broner vs. Khan would be good so they could rebuild one of these fugazi threats

Makes good business sense, but I would have to favor Khan over AB right now. A guy that moves his hands against a guy that dont wins it in my book.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word only stans wanna see this

you people are delusional, these dudes acting like Maidana got a fluke win. He been knockin nikkas out for years and it took alexander 117 clinches to beat him.

fluke, absolutely not. still. stop overrating this nikka. he NEVER KOed a B-level fighter and the best fighters he faced he lost to. Alexander and Khan at the time were better than WW Broner. Even Kotelnik at 140 was decent fighter. At the top level, Maidana aint KOing nobody. Josesito is not a top fighter.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree that a lot of people would want to see it. The first fight was a great fight and I would expect a second to be action packed. And the fukkery!
But I don't blame Maidana if he looks elsewhere. I don't think he owes Broner a rematch.

on one hand, if there was initially no rematch clause then more power too him and :scuthov: at GBP for saying there was. if there was, then he needs to honor it and stop ducking in attempts to cash out. if I beat the shyt outta a guy like he did AB, I would have no problems going back to finish his ass off. :comeon:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maidana could rematch Broner and prolly get like a million for it. He should be able to kick Broner's ass again since Broner is sooooo overrated right? After winning, his stature to the general public would have risen and more casuals would want to see him go against big brother (Floyd)

He'd prolly make 3 to 4 million for a Floyd fight in September after beating Broner again. If he were to sit around doing fukk all and hope for a Floyd fight now, he'd prolly only make about 2 million or 2.5 tops.

Bottom line, it's prolly in his best interests to take the chance and fight Broner again.

church. whenever fighters do this, they are not truly confident that they will win a rematch. if Broner was so easy for him, I dont see why he just dont go back and finish that fraud off and be done with it. its business so it is what it is. dont mean it at :scusthov: though. he is looking to pull a Vargas. deny Winky a rematch while cashing in on Oscar (nothing wrong with that) but then try and get a Winky rematch after he gets the belts. Its basically no or never for Maidana-Broner II. Why? Because, if Broner continues to lose it wont happen. If Broner regains his stature, and Maidana loses, he gonna be like Winky and say "fukk I need you for?"

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marcos: "But, mita-mita I usually rest 6 weeks and then train for 10 weeks before the fight"

see, the problem I have with that baby shyt is consistency. when the rematch was first mentioned, he said he lost a close fight to Khan and GBP didnt force a rematch....but he beats Broner by a wide margin and they are forcing him into one here. so which is it? the baby or you not wanting to be forced into a rematch?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roy beating Hopkins isn't even a top 5 on Roy's own resume, how is it better than anything on Hopkins' resume? Bernard got better with time, he was a bit green though very determined and highly skilled, but still a bit green. Hopkins is a late bloomer, he reached his prime when the box fade left :russ:

RJJ and BHop debate is just that. Their primes were in totally different eras. Roy was P4P for years and unchallenged. He wouldve beat BHop anytime during his prime. The problem was they never met when they were close to their primes. RJJ's decline started right around Julio Gonzalez time which incidentally, BHop's prime had just began then or about a couple years prior. Had they fought around that time BHop wouldve been the first man to TRULY beat Roy.

Roy's victory over BHop was not over a prime one....but you cant discredit it either. You cant fight for a title and say "bu bu but I wasnt ready yet" :rudy: