Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you. thats the nature of the business. you have a point. the only thing is, is this really how Maidana feels? we dont know. he may not want to fight Broner again ever until Broner gets back on top. I just dont think you have to play games in order to negotiate. Just simply negotiate.

He really doesnt have a choice since Broner went the immediate rematch route.

Maidana cant fight anyone else but Broner without getting sued by Broner/paying Broner "step aside" money or vacating the title:manny:

He cant even take Floyd without paying Broner now:heh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Broner vs Maidana 2 has too much interest not to happen. Goldenboy just need to sweeten the pot for Maidana a lil more and get this shyt done. Maidana fighting Floyd right now is only a slightly better fight (selling wise) than the Khan match due to him coming off a better recent win, but lets not act like it wouldn't be bigger if he didn't beat Broner twice.

shyt, Tarver forced us all to see another Dawson fight and the 1st one wasn't competitive at all. Tarver ate 4 and 5 punch combinations all night and got dropped at the end to top it off. :heh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So because Hall juiced and got beat juicing isn't cheating now? :beli:

Banned substance? Roy got caught with high ass test levels and claimed it was from a creatine supplement. You can go out and buy Ripped Fuel right now and it isn't going to do shyt to your testosterone levels. :comeon:

This is my point boxing fans stay giving Roy a pass for cheating. He got caught once who is to say he didn't beat the system for all of those other fights.

nikkas get up in arms over the SUSPICION of Manny cheating. If Floyd got caught on gear the internet would probably explode.

Roy cheats and it's "bbbbut he didn't get caught against xyz fighter" Like dudes who get on gear get caught every time they do it. :beli:

I did say a cheat is a cheat. If the IBF says he is a cheat, who am I to say he isnt? :comeon: yet IBF didnt strip (understandable) or fine (unfathomable). :camby:
most athletes cheat, its how you stay on even par. what I am saying is, what Roy got caught with wasnt shyt you need to shoot up with a syringe to get. Its not an anabolic. In fact they first said the traces came from a nasal decongestant. I dont know. All I know is you could get it in any given energy drink. I didnt say it came from Ripped Fuel...get it straight lil nikka. :birdman:

in fact, its not even in Ripped Fuel.

5Mk5KTX.gif

so :ufdup:

boxing as a whole didnt ban the substance til years after the Hall fight. :beli:

so we talkin about dates defining what is acceptable and what is not...not even dates, but a sanctioning body. my point is this....Roy was likely on it his whole career, I dont disagree with you...but no governing body/commission considered it illegal, only the IBF and only at that time of the fight. why is that so hard to understand?

nice try though

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Quick explanation on Rematch Clauses for those not that familiar with em (obviously alot of us, because people keeping saying that Maidana has leverage):heh:

.....I'm against these mandatory rematch clauses as they relate to title fights.
When any fighter complies with a clause like that, he runs the risk of putting himself in a position where he is going to be forced to violate SOMEBODY'S edict. Whatever he does, he's liable to wind up getting sued.
For instance, look at Rahman's situation. When he beat Lewis, Mike Tyson was the WBC's #1 challenger. The Tua-Byrd winner (as it turned out, Byrd) loomed as the IBF's #1 challenger. Rahman had a rematch with Lewis contracted for. If he chose to fight Lewis voluntarily (i.e., without a court ruling), he could have been sued by Tyson. If he chose to fight Tyson, Lewis could sue him. And if he waited to fight the Tua-Byrd winner, Lewis AND Tyson could sue him. If he had fought Brian Nielsen or David Izon, EVERYBODY could have sued him.

What the rematch clause effectively can do is paint the fighter into a corner where he can not, by definition, avoid one or all of the following:

1) Lawsuits from mandatory challengers
2) Lawsuits from TV networks

3) Actions by sanctioning bodies, which may include stripping the fighter of the title and maybe even litigation.

Therefore, a fighter in the position faces:

a) Heavy expenses to fight litigation on more than one front;

b) Loss of titles he won in the ring;

c) Alienation from TV outlets, of which there are few.

Which, in turn,

-- Jeopardizes him financially in the immediate sense, not to mention his future earning power and bargaining power.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/article-archives/896-should-rematch-clauses-be-outlawed

How much leverage do yall think Maidana actually has here? He has NO option but to face Adrien Broner again, at this point, unless he comes out of pocket and pays AB to step aside or Broner waives the rematch and moves on to face someone else. Other than that, the rematch clause is effective for up to 1 year after the bout.

Maidana can realistically sit out the entire 2014 year if he doesnt come to an agreement and STILL be sued for not honoring the contract:dead:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
:shaq:
Sorry big homie. Over the years I started to really dislike b hop. I never hated him just didn't care care for him. But I watched most of his fights. Just over the years his antics and the fanatical fans have push me to the limit.

Funny thing is I'm starting to get like that with Floyd:sad:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Quick explanation on Rematch Clauses for those not that familiar with em (obviously alot of us, because people keeping saying that Maidana has leverage):heh:

How much leverage do yall think Maidana actually has here? He has NO option but to face Adrien Broner again, at this point, unless he comes out of pocket and pays AB to step aside or Broner waives the rematch and moves on to face someone else. Other than that, the rematch clause is effective for up to 1 year after the bout.

Maidana can realistically sit out the entire 2014 year if he doesnt come to an agreement and STILL be sued for not honoring the contract:dead:
Maidana's leverage is that GBP is on record as wanting to have the fight happen by the end of April and he has up to a year to work with so he can drag his feet (or appear to do so) in order to get concessions or more loot.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I did say a cheat is a cheat. If the IBF says he is a cheat, who am I to say he isnt? :comeon: yet IBF didnt strip (understandable) or fine (unfathomable). :camby:
most athletes cheat, its how you stay on even par. what I am saying is, what Roy got caught with wasnt shyt you need to shoot up with a syringe to get. Its not an anabolic. In fact they first said the traces came from a nasal decongestant. I dont know. All I know is you could get it in any given energy drink. I didnt say it came from Ripped Fuel...get it straight lil nikka. :birdman:

in fact, its not even in Ripped Fuel.

5Mk5KTX.gif

so :ufdup:

boxing as a whole didnt ban the substance til years after the Hall fight. :beli:

so we talkin about dates defining what is acceptable and what is not...not even dates, but a sanctioning body. my point is this....Roy was likely on it his whole career, I dont disagree with you...but no governing body/commission considered it illegal, only the IBF and only at that time of the fight. why is that so hard to understand?

nice try though

They were both caught with elevated testosterone levels. You can't get that from a nasal decongestant, friend. Only way that is happening is via gel/injection/pellet.

both them nikkas were on that shyt...richard hall had like 3 times the level that roy had lol which prolly stopped that fight from being a no contest

Yeah I remember reading about Hall having 9x of the normal amount of free test.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@Newzz you KNOW you my nikka....so no disrespect here. the question is, why nobody (including yourself) knew about this rematch clause til recently? all the fucc da way up outta here with that chit. :camby: I swore Shaeffer said it was no clause initially. :dahell: he is supposed to know this chit. :snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Maidana's leverage is that GBP is on record as wanting to have the fight happen by the end of April and he has up to a year to work with so he can drag his feet (or appear to do so) in order to get concessions or more loot.

Him and AB wont be back until 2015 then:heh:

He should get more money though, no doubt. They shouldnt even play him on the money, because he DID go in there and win "possibly" fair and square (I'm still waiting on those post fight drug tests to come out:mjpls:)

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He really doesnt have a choice since Broner went the immediate rematch route.

Maidana cant fight anyone else but Broner without getting sued by Broner/paying Broner "step aside" money or vacating the title:manny:

He cant even take Floyd without paying Broner now:heh:

if he has a rematch clause...all of this is true. something fishy about conflicting reports initially concerning this clause being in the contract though. :yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz you KNOW you my nikka....so no disrespect here. the question is, why nobody (including yourself) knew about this rematch clause til recently? all the fucc da way up outta here with that chit. :camby: I swore Shaeffer said it was no clause initially. :dahell: he is supposed to know this chit. :snoop:

Breh......my response was exactly the same thought as you though:heh:

I was like "um, I thought there wasnt a rematch clause":dwillhuh::what::ohhh::lupe::dahell:

Then I thought about AB being promoted as the next big thing, Floyd about to leave in the next 2 years, Maidana being a relative unknown, and it hit me. Schaefer and Haymon was up to something:youngsabo::smugbiden:

If it was there, then it was there.......but if it wasnt, Maidana's attorney should have a copy of the contract showing they never agreed to one though, right? GBP might've slid it in the contract somewhere:mjpls:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh......my response was exactly the same thought as you though:heh:

I was like "um, I thought there wasnt a rematch clause":dwillhuh::what::ohhh::lupe::dahell:

Then I thought about AB being promoted as the next big thing, Floyd about to leave in the next 2 years, Maidana being a relative unknown, and it hit me. Schaefer and Haymon was up to something:youngsabo::smugbiden:

If it was there, then it was there.......but if it wasnt, Maidana's attorney should have a copy of the contract showing they never agreed to one though, right? GBP might've slid it in the contract somewhere:mjpls:

the fact is...I never once even thought that there WASNT a rematch clause, it fukked me up with Schaefer said it wasnt. I think I even commented on it here. How you do an optional title fight with no rematch clause? :rudy: my point is....it would behoove Schaefer to SAY there is a rematch clause even if there wasnt and he didnt know. :heh: kinda like Zab said after Baldomir and Don King was like, no no...
DcCYPbB.png
Baldy was the mando so you outta luck playa.

Schaeffer aint a street dude, thats why they got BHop :blessed:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
With all this rematch clause fukkery going on, I wouldn't be surprised if Maidana got some brown paper bag money slid underneath a table pretty soon. Something is definitely up.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In the ESPN article I read Schaeffer didn't correct his initial statement of there being no rematch clause from December until last Friday.
They treating Maidana like an illegal immigrant worker who aint got no rights with these shenanigans.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GBP trying to make Porter vs One Time :obama:

My last thing on this rematch shyt...nobody saying AB shouldnt get his rematch...but if Maidana got the opportunity to fight Floyd he earned that....N if he dnt wanna fight AB in April for whatever reason he dnt have to...make the fight in May or June