Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No comment about Roy cheating huh :camby:

Bhop had not yet entered his prime in that fight imo and the same argument can be made about his victory over Roy. :camby:

I didn't say he was the new Floyd I said if Floyd wasn't around BHop would be the best fighter of this era.

lol. somebody always gotta bring that up. If you want to say a cheat is a cheat then I am with you....however....

Fact: Roy was caught with a banned substance
Fact: That banned substance was readily available to anyone who had access to GNC. It was legal but banned. No different than Gatorade.
Fact: It a fighter drinks Gatorade and its not sanctioned or approved, it is against the rules.
Fact: The fight was against Richard Hall, who also tested positive for the same substance
Fact: That fight was for the WBC, WBA, and IBF titles, yet the only organization that banned the substance was the IBF.
Fact: Because it was a legal substance and not banned by other sanctioning bodies, the IBF did NOT strip Roy, nor did they fine him.

is a fighter drinking Gatorade considered cheating? yes. is too much emphasis placed on the word cheating in that instance? absolutely. also, if this match isnt for the IBF belt then we are not even having this conversation. also, the WBC approved Gatorade for fights while other organizations didnt. thats the same situation here. if someone were to use Gatorade in the corner and its a WBA fight for instance, that is a banned substance by said organization.

sn: I know people who roid and have grown up around it. I can see the difference one way or the other in a matter of days. it wasnt like Roy didnt have super human speed when he was in the Olympics. or did they rig those tests too?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smugfavre:

@synistr :mjpls:

Co-sign about Taylor Syn act like he was some bum nikka, then at the same time Tout C class fighters like Froch win over shot version of him

Taylor was decent. When compared to his hype though, he wont shyt. :pacspit: I didnt tout Froch just because he beat Taylor but because of his total resume. I also said Froch could be overrated depending on how you look at his opponents. For me, I am on the fence with him. If someone were to say he was top 10 or not I wouldnt argue either way. he did show Taylor that his ass didnt belong at 168, but Taylor didnt listen though.....:youngsabo:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though Russell ain't proven, they seem to be afraid of that quickness he presents. Which is a shame since Jhnonny could very well catch dude with something big and knock him the fukk out since the verdict is still out on dudes chin.

Russell aint done shyt but I gotta fukk with @SuikodenII its a business, as many times as the word duck gets thrown around, this can be at least classified as a semi-duck. many lesser fighter than Russell have gotten title shots. if the match is right for an optional...it will get made. this aint the right match for them, therefore it wont. just as long as his optional is not some trash can....its all gravy.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bernard Hopkins was 28 years old and 22-1 going into that fight. RJJ was only 24 years old and 21-0 at that time.

AND Roy beat him with a broken right hand:dead:

It seems sometimes that Hopkins "conveniently" entered his prime when he fought Tito, so I wonder why isnt it as convenient to say RJJ was no longer in his prime after 50 fights and dropping 25+ lbs to fight Antonio Tarver?:manny:

I just cant see a prime RJJ losing to prime B-Hop. Unfortunately, we never got that prime fight again because B-Hop ducked the rematch for years:snoop:

The only loss Roy had in his prime was Griffin. Thats it. He was the best fighter of his era. Floyd is the best fighter of the next era.
BHop gets extra credit for having an abnormal prime...which he should. He is an anomaly. Shouldnt discredit Roy because he had his prime under usual circumstances.

I will say though....the Bhop that beat Tito was just at if not slightly past his TRUE prime as he had already started to decline athletically. I define a TRUE prime as when an athlete's physical prime and mental prime's meet.

I believe his TRUE prime was right around the time he fought Glen Johnson/Simon Brown. He was a much smarter boxer while having great speed. Even still though if that was the case, he did struggle with Allen and Echols afterwards.

BHop put it best however when he said "you've been cheated out of seeing the best of Bernard Hopkins"

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff:
he already beat him and it wasnt even close. No one wants to see this shyt. Broners an ape, he can barely do two things at the same time. Cant move his head, footwork ass, defense is a joke. Maidana been in the game for years it made him an animal. Theres rules to this shyt, he bout to write a manual :mjpls:

good shyt. especially the Biggie quote. is there a #MaidanaMob here?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas hate BHop just to hate, so what he faked a couple fouls and may even have fell down twice for Pascal trying to draw fouls, that shyt is gamesmanship......I dont see nikkas bytching about Oscar coke sniffing ass after laying down from a phantom shot.............

I tell you what 154-168 would have problems if a 35 year old BHOP roamed these divisions and can knock off these hype jobs.........Truth be told BHOP would be Floyd Mayweather had there been no Mayweather, he's easily top 15 atg wise, 50 and still young bucks the ass whipping of there lives

:smugbiden:

thats why I will always have a love-hate relationship with BHop. no one can rival the bytchassness while at the same time pimping the game for what its worth. plus turning nikkas into bytches in the ring.

that's my Methuselah Got the Game in a chokehold 50 year old P4P GOAT grandpa Muslim penny pinching strongarm robbery ex-con nikka :to:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
see, the problem I have with that baby shyt is consistency. when the rematch was first mentioned, he said he lost a close fight to Khan and GBP didnt force a rematch....but he beats Broner by a wide margin and they are forcing him into one here. so which is it? the baby or you not wanting to be forced into a rematch?

He's never had leverage.

fluke, absolutely not. still. stop overrating this nikka. he NEVER KOed a B-level fighter and the best fighters he faced he lost to. Alexander and Khan at the time were better than WW Broner. Even Kotelnik at 140 was decent fighter. At the top level, Maidana aint KOing nobody. Josesito is not a top fighter.

Cortez saved that coward Khan and he ain't been the same. Alexander literally clinched 100+ plus times for a win. YouTube it, it's 7 and a half minutes long :laff:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Skip b says he knows everything about boxing, but doesn't know what a liver shot is. :dwillhuh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's never had leverage.

and he doesnt have as much now as he thinks he does.

Cortez saved that coward Khan and he ain't been the same. Alexander literally clinched 100+ plus times for a win. YouTube it, it's 7 and a half minutes long :laff:

yeah, but you gotta get rid of dudes like Swift did to Khan and Bradley did to Alexander. This is why Maidana still viewed a level below those top guys and still slightly lower than Khan and Alexander due to the losses. Plus, he had issues with the Morales. I said this before and people dont agree, which is fine, but Maidana is a gatekeeper for 140-147 top 5. if you beat him, you are likely top 5, if not then you dont belong there, simple as that. Broner was not a top 5 WW even before the loss.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/golden-boys-vp-reacts-abner-mares-injury-doubts--73712

So the official letter states no broken ribs, mild inflammation and bruising, and you're telling me you have NO idea when Mares can return.............fukk this, Golden Boy fukking around trying to protect Mares, stop trying to be nice, drop that belt and move on up to 130. There's no need to kill yourself making weight for this horse shyt :camby:

http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-coleman-attacks-exec-rick-glaser-on-knockout-set--73716

:dwillhuh: This shyt just don't stop.......

-RIP to Jose Suilaman, wonder how different things will be under new WBC president......???

@Newzz if Maidana has the option of facing Broner II or Mayweather, you're gonna hold it against him if he chooses Mayweather?

No. If he faces Mayweather, I understand. It's almost an once in the lifetime opportunity. That's fine.

If he just sits out and then faces someone else, besides Mayweather, hell yeah I'm holding it against him.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ricardo Mayorga joins reality show cast

Flamboyant three time world champion Ricardo “El Matador” Mayorga has officially joined the cast of NUVOtv’s Knockout boxing reality show. Mayorga will make his return to the ring after a three year absence. The 40-year-old tried his hand at mixed martial arts but is happy to be returning to the sport that he loves. “I had a great time in MMA. It was something that I always wanted to do but boxing is my first love. I want to make one last run in boxing and I am now working with Ivaylo (Gotzev) and he will help get me to the championship fights. I will start by winning this television show,” said Mayorga.
The highly anticipated show highlights the 140, 147 and 154 pound weight class. World class trainers Floyd Mayweather Sr., Yoel Judah, and Ruben Guerrero will lead the fighters into competition against each other and the winners will then step up and fight a top 20 contender or blue chip prospect.

let the fukkery begin :blessed:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
AB should just say fukk it, move down to 140, and relieve Lamont Peterson of his belt. GBP gonna fukk around and make Maidana vs Thurman and One Time gonna KO him.

Maidana better hope Floyd doesn't go with Khan, because if so, Maidana is done if Broner don't fight him. High risk, low reward Thurman and Guerrero are waiting in the wings.