Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
GBP trying to make Porter vs One Time :obama:

My last thing on this rematch shyt...nobody saying AB shouldnt get his rematch...but if Maidana got the opportunity to fight Floyd he earned that....N if he dnt wanna fight AB in April for whatever reason he dnt have to...make the fight in May or June

I agree with this.

And Porter vs Thurman? Should be a good matchup. I'm gonna take Thurman winning via UD

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I agree with this.

And Porter vs Thurman? Should be a good matchup. I'm gonna take Thurman winning via UD

MMRXUrH.gif

Porter would rock him.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Best stuff from Dan Rafael's chat today was around GGG:
- HBO wants to show his Feb 1 fight on HBO2. Issue is not money negotiations, but rather if the venue has enough space to handle HBO's desired production
- Two names he is hearing for his April fight are Kirkland and Geale
- He has asked HBO about who GGG will and will not fight. GGG has never said no to an opponent that was brought up. GGG's matchmaking has been due to fighters who are available, and fighters HBO has chosen to suggest.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
RJJ and BHop debate is just that. Their primes were in totally different eras. Roy was P4P for years and unchallenged. He wouldve beat BHop anytime during his prime. The problem was they never met when they were close to their primes. RJJ's decline started right around Julio Gonzalez time which incidentally, BHop's prime had just began then or about a couple years prior. Had they fought around that time BHop wouldve been the first man to TRULY beat Roy.

Roy's victory over BHop was not over a prime one....but you cant discredit it either. You cant fight for a title and say "bu bu but I wasnt ready yet" :rudy:
It was a great victory for Roy, I just don't put it in his top 5.......Roy has some :whew: on his path of destruction.

And Hopkins would've never beaten Roy, though not thoroughly beaten down, he just never fared well against active, fast combination punching......

60/40 I beat yo ass! 60/40 I beat yo ass!-Roy
Who I am?! Who I am?!-Bernard

What could've been :wow:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Heavyweight Artur Szpilka, turned away by the Department of Homeland Security upon his arrival at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago last Sunday and immediately sent home to Poland, has secured the proper visa and is scheduled to fly back to the United States on Friday night.

Time was of the essence for Szpilka (16-0, 12 KOs) to get his paperwork ironed out because he is scheduled to face Bryant Jennings (17-0, 9 KOs), 29, of Philadelphia, in an important 10-round fight between potential heavyweight title challengers on Jan. 25 at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.

The HBO-televised fight is the co-feature to junior lightweight titleholder Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia's first defense against Juan Carlos Burgos.

According to Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules, who promotes Szpilka, the United States Embassy in Poland granted Szpilka the proper visa to the U.S. on Thursday and he is scheduled to land in Chicago on Friday night.

"We're ecstatic that with the help of U.S. and Polish authorities we could get this accomplished and now Artur will get his big opportunity to fight on HBO," Margules told ESPN.com.

Although Szpilka will have made an unexpected roundtrip to Poland – each leg is about a 12-hour flight – during a critical time in his training camp, Margules said he did not think it would hamper him for the fight.

"First off, he's a heavyweight, so there was no worry about the weight, because you get bloated sometimes on the plane," Margules said. "Second of all, he had a great training camp and he's been training in Poland since he had to go back for a few days. So he really only missed one or two days of training camp. He's in terrific shape and he will still get in eight days before the fight. So he will still have plenty of time acclimate himself."

"Was it an ideal situation? No. Obviously, the plan was to have him here last Sunday and he was supposed to spar with (former title challenger) Fres Oquendo this week. So he missed that. And instead of one 12-hour flight, he has to do three. So it's not perfect."

Szpilka will stay in Chicago for the weekend, where his team has been waiting for his return, and then they will fly to New York for fight week on Monday.

The fight will be Szpilka's seventh in the United States, including two of his four bouts in 2013, both exciting brawls in Chicago against Chicago's Mike Mollo, both of which Szpilka won by knockout.

good stuff :myman: