Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hope you guys are ready for a Broner/Maidana Trilogy because if Broner wins there will need to be a rubber match and if Maidana wins by anything ohter than a KO the whining from the Broner side will be ridiculous. They will be trying to get a fight with Maidana twice a year for the rest of Broner's career till he gets the win.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
this is why I think Broner can and will win rematch. I feel exactly like yall feel about Mares. but for some reason it isnt viewed the same way. I am even in the opinion that if Broner doesnt get buzzed early then he wins or draws in the first fight. Everything you say is true about rhythm and flustered....and also do not forget.....Broner was fat a few weeks before the fight and I know for a fact he cut weight. This led to him also going in the ring BONE DRY....which is another reason why he couldnt take the punch as well early as he did later.

sn: I also feel Dawson could beat Stevenson if his head is on straight and he does his homework and sparring.
I would agree with you if I thought that Broner believed that it was his own shortcomings that cost him that fight. Instead I think he believes that Maidana got lucky and he underestimated his opponent and that he won't have to change anything about how he fights to get the win in a rematch.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Lem Satterfield
Trainer: Adrien Broner must start early vs. Marcos Maidana
January 12, 2014
Richard Schaefer said that Adrien “The Problem” Broner has exercised his rematch option for a return bout with Marcos Maidana, Broner's trainer, Mike Stafford, insists he knows what the Cincinnati-based fighter has to do to regain his WBA welterweight title.

Maidana (35-3, 31 knockouts ) floored Broner (27-1, 22 KOs) once each in the second and eighth rounds of a brutally physical unanimous decision victory on Dec. 14 on Showtime at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

Broner could face Maidana as early as April 19 or April 26 at either the Alamodome or the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., which was a sellout for Maidana's sixth-round stoppage of Josesito Lopez in June of last year.

When they meet for the second time, Stafford said that Broner must not only dictate the pace earlier in the fight, but also sustain his offensive attack against Maidana, a 30-year-old whose relentless pressure, accurate punching and brawling and mauling style proved to be too much for his 24-year-old adversary.

Maidana landed 120 more overall punches (269-to-149) than Broner (27-1, 22 KOs), connected on 109 more power shots (231-to-122), and 11 more jabs (38-to-27). Maidana also punished Broner downstairs, where the Argentine connected on 101 body blows, according to statistics provided by Showtime statisticians.

"You know, Adrien, we're going to do it, this time," said Stafford of Broner, who lost 115-110, 116-109 and 117-109 on the cards of Judges Stanley Christodoulou, Nelson Vazquez and Levi Martinez, respectively.

"This time, Adrien can do it if he does early like he did in the later rounds. If Adrien starts out in the fight like he did in the later rounds, then he wins the fight. He can't have the second and eighth rounds. The second and the eighth rounds killed him."

Within a week of the fight's completion, Stafford said, "We knew that he was going to be strong for six or seven rounds, but we had him out a few times," adding, "Adrien just didn't pull the trigger. Definitely in the 11th round. I thought that maybe we could have had him out in the 12th."

Stafford also lamented another moment in the eighth, during which Maidana was penalized for what referee Laurence Cole called a fllagrant and deliberate intention to hurt somebody outside of the rules of boxing.

"He got elbowed and there were different things…It wasn't no bad night, it was a bad first round…I had to settle him down because he had never been in that territory before," said Stafford. "He had never gotten hit like that, and when he did get hit like that, it was like, 'I want to retaliate and make it a street fight'…He's good, and he'll be back."

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would agree with you if I thought that Broner believed that it was his own shortcomings that cost him that fight. Instead I think he believes that Maidana got lucky and he underestimated his opponent and that he won't have to change anything about how he fights to get the win in a rematch.

he is a fool if he thinks that.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AB gotta let his hands go, jab alot more, go to the body, and keep his distance from Maidana. We taking this rematch:ufdup:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

As for starting early, I dont think he wants to overdo it offensively. I think he needs to be very defensive early. showing Maidana that it wont be as easy to land on him this time. as the fight goes on, step it up. Broner's biggest issue wasnt offense...it was defense.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
As for starting early, I dont think he wants to overdo it offensively. I think he needs to be very defensive early. showing Maidana that it wont be as easy to land on him this time. as the fight goes on, step it up. Broner's biggest issue wasnt offense...it was defense.

I think it was both.

At points, he was being so defensive, he would let Maidana rip off shots at him, and he would just stand there trying to block.....but not throwing anything back:snoop:

I think he needs to be defensive first, but also let Maidana know he cant just walk in on him by hitting him with a uppercut on the inside or quick hook as Maidana is barging forward.

AB has to throw some jabs this time:heh: He has to go to the body and then throw a hook upstairs and finish off at the body again with a quick 1-2-3 combo....then slip outside Maidana's range before he can respond with his defensive guard up.

He's gonna have to BOX this time. I just dont see him walking down Maidana and winning like I said in the 1st fight. That's suicide for him:manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was both.

At points, he was being so defensive, he would let Maidana rip off shots at him, and he would just stand there trying to block.....but not throwing anything back:snoop:

I think he needs to be defensive first, but also let Maidana know he cant just walk in on him by hitting him with a uppercut on the inside or quick hook as Maidana is barging forward.

AB has to throw some jabs this time:heh: He has to go to the body and then throw a hook upstairs and finish off at the body again with a quick 1-2-3 combo....then slip outside Maidana's range before he can respond with his defensive guard up.

He's gonna have to BOX this time. I just dont see him walking down Maidana and winning like I said in the 1st fight. That's suicide for him:manny:

I didnt say it wasnt both, I said defense was the biggest. :lolbron: he definitely needs to move his hands. he also needs to worry more about getting off first against a guy like Maidana than waiting to counter. waiting for counters is dangerous against Maidana. he needs to mix in some combinations too. most of all he just needs to keep his hands moving.

yes, he let Maidana rip shots and not fire back, but you aint gonna change that overnight. he did that against Paulie and Rees even. thats the way he fights. I dont know if he is good at integrating offense/defense. if he isnt, and he cant, then its gonna be hard to win a rematch.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
he also needs to worry more about getting off first against a guy like Maidana than waiting to counter. waiting for counters is dangerous against Maidana. he needs to mix in some combinations too. most of all he just needs to keep his hands moving.

Stafford sees it too breh:myman:

"This time, Adrien can do it if he does early like he did in the later rounds. If Adrien starts out in the fight like he did in the later rounds, then he wins the fight. He can't have the second and eighth rounds. The second and the eighth rounds killed him."

Hopefully, he can convey that to AB, and he takes these 12+ weeks very seriously and trains/dedicates himself to this fight to try and turn around the results of the 1st fight.

On another note, and I notice NOBODY but me is bringing this up, but what happened to the "investigation" into Ariza/Maidana? What happened to the post fight drug test results? shyt has vanished into thin air. Maybe that's why this random "rematch clause" that Schaefer originally said wasnt there, just came to fruition:mjpls:

I'm just saying. Never heard of post fight test results taking over 4 weeks to return. Never heard of an investigation taking place, but then we never hear anything about it again:manny:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
GGG hangin with Hollywood Heavyweights at Golden Globes :win:

Bd4NhYqCAAAK4l4.jpg

Bd3mj29CEAAZDEk.jpg

Bd3de5SCIAACXHg.jpg

:leon: