Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
what I saw was a guy who disrespected his craft and his opponent. a guy who is talented but taking the wrong approach to fights. a guy who doesnt take in account the advantages his opponent brings into the ring.

what I didnt see was a guy who was less talented than his opponent. just one who wasnt as prepared.

I dont know what is wrong with making predictions in this fashion. you look at what fighter has the capacity to make changes to do what is necessary to reverse outcomes.

you would see a different Broner the next fight. you will see the same Maidana. why would Maidana change anything? he isnt the one that has to. Broner did have a level of success in the fight.

all predictions are a gamble. everyone has their way of analyzing fights. who in here picked Maidana to win? show me the posts. yet everyone is now experts and picking Maidana to win a rematch. thats not the way you predict fights either. you look at everything surrounding the event. for one, Broner or his team would take a rematch if they didnt think they could win. that would be dumb. they could rebuild his career another way. Tszyu did fine without Phillips. Tyson did fine without Douglas. If this is about money, Broner dont need Maidana. This is about him validating himself as a legit fighter.

So many of us were skeptical about AB. If Maidana had a style that would be difficult for AB to figure out then I wouldnt give him a chance in a rematch. A reversal could be as simple as watching tape this time around.

:salute:

All that needs to be said. What I say is, if people think AB isn't all that good, then why are they propping Maidana up as a force?:what:

If a very good fighter beats someone you believe wasn't that good to begin with, then why all props for Maidana? Broner isnt good right?:mjpls:

I believe the fight was either an upset, with the more talented fighter losing, OR Broner isn't that good at147.....Maidana either way is a B fighter:ufdup:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He could if he wanted to, he's young enough and his body would adjust, and he is a hard worker in the gym...........but he lacks that dedication :wow:

you are right. he could get to 135. to say he cant make 140 is preposterous. :pachaha: he was 144 for this fight wasnt he? and he was badly out of shape after the Paulie fight. when we saw those fat pics of him, we shouldve predicted him to lose right then.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute:

All that needs to be said. What I say is, if people think AB isn't all that good, then why are they propping Maidana up as a force?:what:

If a very good fighter beats someone you believe wasn't that good to begin with, then why all props for Maidana? Broner isnt good right?:mjpls:

I believe the fight was either an upset, with the more talented fighter losing, OR Broner isn't that good at147.....Maidana either way is a B fighter:ufdup:

a rematch is a huge risk...but a calculated one. Broner has been in there with him. his promoter, advisor, and trainer have grilled him on this I know. if they dont think it is worth the risk, trust me, they would avoid Maidana like the plague.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
a rematch is a huge risk...but a calculated one. Broner has been in there with him. his promoter, advisor, and trainer have grilled him on this I know. if they dont think it is worth the risk, trust me, they would avoid Maidana like the plague.

Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73553#ixzz2qDCcPFzM

Schaefer: Maidana Rematch is Dangerous For Broner
Posted by: Rick Reeno on1/12/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer admires the fighting spirit of former three division world champion Adrien Broner (27-1, 22KOs). On Friday, Broner exercised his contract clause for an immediate rematch with WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana (35-3, 31KOs).

Last month at the Alamodome in San Anotonio, Maidana shook up the entire boxing landscape with an upset twelve round unanimous decision over Broner. The tough Argentinian had Broner down twice in the contest and applied a lot of pressure in every round, with numerous punches landing hard on Broner's chin and body.

After the fight, a lot of trainers, fighters, and even close friends - advised Broner to move down to the junior welterweight division. Most of them told Broner to avoid an immediate rematch.

Broner's decision to do it again this quick, without an interim-fight, caught a lot of people off-guard. Not Schaefer, who fully expected Broner to pursue the opportunity to get his revenge.

"Does it surprise me? Actually it doesn't. I know Adrien Broner and he has a lot of skill and as I've said many times - he talks the talk and he walks the walk. He wants to show what he's all about. And what he wants to do before he entertains anything else, is to set the record straight. There are different ways to go about it. You can go and do it right away, which is what he wants to do. Or you can do a little detour, go to 140 and pick a belt up, and then move back up toe 147 because the rematch is always going to be there," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

"He is a smart guy in the ring, he knows what to do. I'm sure that he analyzed the first fight and knows what he needs to do for the [rematch] not to become a repeat. His ring IQ is very high and I think he realizes that certain things did not work. I don't need to point them out, because I'm sure he knows them a lot better than me. I'm sure he feels that he can make the adjustments to go in there and set the record straight and then go on to bigger and better things."

"Is it dangerous [to face Maidana right away]? Hell yeah it's dangerous. It's like playing with fire. Maybe that should be the name of the card - Playing With Fire - because it is playing with fire."

The rematch will take place on April 19th at the Alamodome or April 26th in Los Angeles. Showtime Championship Boxing will televise.

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AB is going against his team again (they wanted him to avoid Maidana the first time) and wants this rematch on his own to redeem himself. He has that old school boxing warrior mentality, hopefully, he gets to the basics and dedicates himself to the sport

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this fight could end his career as a 7 figure fighter...at least for the immediate future. he knows in his heart if he can take Maidana or not. he may not be able to...but he feels he can...so we will see. I stand by my prediction that Broner turns this around in the rematch and aint scared of none of you muthafukkas who talkin greasy. :birdman:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Former top 10 Cruiserweight, Nigerian "Power"house now campaigning at Heavyweight........thoughts?

Former El Terrible conqueror now campaigning at 147, thoughts?

Main event, never seen either guy yet entertaining, thoughts?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Former 135 champion, Antonio DeMarco fighting around 140 and joined up with Freddie Roach.......

I'm rooting for DeMarco to show out at 140 for obvious reasons since he's supposed to be a "laundromat worker":youngsabo:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
every round is a rematch in a sense. broner had twelve chances to showcase that and could not and now he gets to have twelve more. why he changes in twelve more rounds what he couldnt change in the last twelve rounds is something thats hard for me to understand. most guys who are dominated and pursue the option to secure a comeback rematch dont beat the man who dominated them the only two guys i can think of doing this off the top of my head are joe louis and lennox lewis. joe louis did it after he got knocked out by max schmeling but joe louis was one of the biggest punchers that ever lived nobody could ever have more of a punchers chance than joe louis and he showed that when he knocked schmeling out. lennox lewis did it six months after he got knocked out by what was probably the luckiest right hand ever thrown in boxing by hasim rahman. but thats rare to see a comeback rematch for a one sided fight and its rare to see the outcome reversed that way. they dont happen a lot but here are some cases of one sided fights that get a comeback rematch you should see a pattern: liston/patterson, foreman/frazier, pacquiao/barrera, wright/mosley, forrest/mosley, forrest/mayorga, monzon/benvenuti, ali/patterson, mosley/vargas, tyson/bruno, holyfield/tyson, tsyzu/mitchell, donaire/darchinyan, mclellan/jackson, wlad/byrd, holmes/shavers, salido/lopez

thats all i can think of off the top of my head for these kinds of fights. if i missed some comeback rematch fights add them. the pattern is that for almost all these fights the loser was consistently beaten even worse in the rematch. that makes sense.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
every round is a rematch in a sense. broner had twelve chances to showcase that and could not and now he gets to have twelve more. why he changes in twelve more rounds what he couldnt change in the last twelve rounds is something thats hard for me to understand. most guys who are dominated and pursue the option to secure a comeback rematch dont beat the man who dominated them the only two guys i can think of doing this off the top of my head are joe louis and lennox lewis. joe louis did it after he got knocked out by max schmeling but joe louis was one of the biggest punchers that ever lived nobody could ever have more of a punchers chance than joe louis and he showed that when he knocked schmeling out. lennox lewis did it six months after he got knocked out by what was probably the luckiest right hand ever thrown in boxing by hasim rahman. but thats rare to see a comeback rematch for a one sided fight and its rare to see the outcome reversed that way. they dont happen a lot but here are some cases of one sided fights that get a comeback rematch you should see a pattern: liston/patterson, foreman/frazier, pacquiao/barrera, wright/mosley, forrest/mosley, forrest/mayorga, monzon/benvenuti, ali/patterson, mosley/vargas, tyson/bruno, holyfield/tyson, tsyzu/mitchell, donaire/darchinyan, mclellan/jackson, wlad/byrd, holmes/shavers, salido/lopez

thats all i can think of off the top of my head for these kinds of fights. if i missed some comeback rematch fights add them. the pattern is that for almost all these fights the loser was consistently beaten even worse in the rematch. that makes sense.

Comeback rematch fights: Diego Corrales/Jose Luis Castillo, Sugar Ray Leonard/Thomas Hearns, Manny Pacquiao/Erik Morales, Roy Jones/Antonio Tarver, Muhammad Ali/Joe Frazier, Floyd Patterson/Ingemar Johansson, Arturo Gatti/Mickey Ward, Zab Judah/Cory Spinks, etc

It happens breh. Usually the more skilled opponent wins the rematch.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Comeback rematch fights: Diego Corrales/Jose Luis Castillo, Sugar Ray Leonard/Thomas Hearns, Manny Pacquiao/Erik Morales, Roy Jones/Antonio Tarver, Muhammad Ali/Joe Frazier, Floyd Patterson/Ingemar Johansson, Arturo Gatti/Mickey Ward, Zab Judah/Cory Spinks, etc

It happens breh. Usually the more skilled opponent wins the rematch.
yet all those fights were close fights and therefore deserved rematches. a fight like foreman vs frazier does not though which is why its so rare. i had to struggle to list those fights i listed. nobody was thinking rematch in the aftermath of maidana vs broner 1. thats a very bad sign in itself.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Former top 10 Cruiserweight, Nigerian "Power"house now campaigning at Heavyweight........thoughts?

Former El Terrible conqueror now campaigning at 147, thoughts?

Main event, never seen either guy yet entertaining, thoughts?

I will have to peep these fights...but as far as Raheem....he is done. With no major promoter/manager/advisor....how can he secure big fights. He is an Olympian from long ago that nobody remembers and his style is not fan friendly. If he wants to get some paydays before he retires, he needs to take short fights. That means short money, short notice, short chance.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I am with you except for one thing, Broner wasnt dominated every round. I dont count a one punch KO like Mayorga-Forrest. Also people thought Forrest won the rematch. Also, you gave a list of fights that show one pattern, there are a bunch of other fights that show another pattern.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yet all those fights were close fights and therefore deserved rematches. a fight like foreman vs frazier does not though which is why its so rare. i had to struggle to list those fights i listed. nobody was thinking rematch in the aftermath of maidana vs broner 1. thats a very bad sign in itself.

I beg to differ. A lot of people were thinking that including some of us here in this thread. We were saying that Broner should do a return match straight away...then we heard initially there was no rematch clause.

I didnt see that Maidana was clearly the better fighter overall. He was the better WW that night and the better prepared. He bum-rushed Broner and he didnt know what to do. His style of defense also showed that he is gonna get knocked out by a better fighter. He cant just say "I am rematching Maidana" no. He has to be in excellent shape. Something he wasnt because we saw fatboy pics too close to fighting time. He has to make some adjustments and get some great sparring. He needs to seek technical advise. He has some work to do if he wants to pull this off. I do think he can do it though. @SuikodenII you my dude. so you tell me....Mares got blasted by Gonzalez, yet people here are picking Mares to win the rematch. Broner went 12 with Maidana and had his moments. After he warmed up he took Maidana's shots a lot better. Why are we getting lambasted here for thinking Broner can turn this around...yet I dont here people getting it when saying Mares is gonna win a rematch....which I dont think he will. Gonzalez has his number clearly I believe and right now at this moment, I think is the superior fighter given the style matchup. :manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Why are we getting lambasted here for thinking Broner can turn this around...yet I dont here people getting it when saying Mares is gonna win a rematch....which I dont think he will. Gonzalez has his number clearly I believe and right now at this moment, I think is the superior fighter given the style matchup. :manny:

Because the "cool" thing to do is hate on Broner at this point in time.

Like I said, people was hating so hard that even Paulie Malignaggi stated everybody Broner beat were laundromat workers......while conveniently forgetting that he, himself, lost to Broner as well.:snoop: