Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
fukk Maidana.....his 15 minutes is almost up:birdman:
Been 15 for a minute deddeh, next stop is the HOF when we go and beat Floyd in September.
zn2N5f

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I really hope odds makers are as delusional as some of you are. I can make some Coli Cash again betting on Maidana.

I don't need another Maidana fight to tell me about Broner. The Quintero, Ponce and Paulie fights have all told me this guy isn't that great.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I really hope odds makers are as delusional as some of you are. I can make some Coli Cash again betting on Maidana.

I don't need another Maidana fight to tell me about Broner. The Quintero, Ponce and Paulie fights have all told me this guy isn't that great.

i may join you on that bet after he put the beat down on money's bytch made lil brother.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.asianboxing.info/5/post/2014/01/ishidas-heavyweight-spar-seemingly-a-success.html

We reported earlier this week that Nobuhiro Ishida (25-9-2, 10) was going to compete in a public sparring session in an attempt to convince the JBC to give him a Heavyweight ranking. That spar came earlier today as Ishida took to the ring with Japanese Heavyweight Yamato Fujinaka (4-3, 1).

Ishida, who weighed just 91.6KG (or 201.9lbs), looked in impressive shaped when compared to the chubby looking Fujinaka, 114.5KG (or 252.4lbs). Despite coming up from Middleweight, and having previously been a Japanese Light Middleweight champion, Ishida did manage to hold his own.

The 38 year old Ishida, was said to have left some questions about his stamina and movement, though was also said to have taken shots well and shown that his handspeed and technique were still there. It's thought that he'll have impressed the JBC enough to get a Japanese Heavyweight ranking and opened the door to taking on Kyotaro Fujimoto on a April 30th.

Although we've seen comments on forums that Ishida is being stupid for chasing a Fujimoto fight we assume that this is a man who wants to test himself before the clock runs out on his career. He's not talking about chasing world titles just the Japanese title and that's a very realistic aim right now given that Fujimoto hasn't been that impressive recently.

If Ishida does take on Fujimoto we'd expect the defending champion to have 20-30lbs in terms of weight advantage, however Ishida would have 2" in height advantage and we'd also expect Ishida to have a reach advantage, as well as his clear edge in experience. As a result we'd expect the men to go in to the bout splitting opinion on who should be favoured.

ishida1.png

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps

Hey, don't let the cat out of the bag breh. Our earning potential might be compromised.

#Wolves

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
He could if he wanted to, he's young enough and his body would adjust, and he is a hard worker in the gym...........but he lacks that dedication :wow:

It's possible, but I rather a fighter use the majority of his training working on strategy and polishing up his skills. I doubt he even did that for the first fight. He was looking so overweight from touring and trying to be a rap star they prolly only trained to drop weight and get in shape. If he try to go back down to lightweight or jr. welter, they'll prolly just focus on dropping weight and being in shape instead of fixing his flaws.

I do agree that he lacks proper commitment to the sport.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
IDK if AB in it for the legacy and to be a ATG or if he's just in it for the bread. I hope he realizes that if he gets serious about his grizzy he can have not just one but both. He can be a great fighter and get the paychecks that come with it. Either way it's still #Bandcamp til the casket drop

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broner & Maidana on are the same tier. It wasn't really that much of an upset.

Maidana-Broner-Maliginaggi

All those dudes are on the same tier

The main thing I'm seeing on the last couple of pages is that people aren't really high on Maidana. In any fight that he's in, there is a good chance they are gonna pick the other guy to win. If any of you take your predictions seriously & gamble, this is not the way to go about making predictions. I'm not the highest on him either, but I realize alot of these guys around that weight class are on the same tier & he has a chance against them. Floyd & Manny are ahead of everybody. If you consider Bradley a WW, I would put him a notch below them. And than you have everyone else. From there it comes down to styles makes fights so those guys will beat each other up & take wins & losses.

what I saw was a guy who disrespected his craft and his opponent. a guy who is talented but taking the wrong approach to fights. a guy who doesnt take in account the advantages his opponent brings into the ring.

what I didnt see was a guy who was less talented than his opponent. just one who wasnt as prepared.

I dont know what is wrong with making predictions in this fashion. you look at what fighter has the capacity to make changes to do what is necessary to reverse outcomes.

you would see a different Broner the next fight. you will see the same Maidana. why would Maidana change anything? he isnt the one that has to. Broner did have a level of success in the fight.

all predictions are a gamble. everyone has their way of analyzing fights. who in here picked Maidana to win? show me the posts. yet everyone is now experts and picking Maidana to win a rematch. thats not the way you predict fights either. you look at everything surrounding the event. for one, Broner or his team would take a rematch if they didnt think they could win. that would be dumb. they could rebuild his career another way. Tszyu did fine without Phillips. Tyson did fine without Douglas. If this is about money, Broner dont need Maidana. This is about him validating himself as a legit fighter.

So many of us were skeptical about AB. If Maidana had a style that would be difficult for AB to figure out then I wouldnt give him a chance in a rematch. A reversal could be as simple as watching tape this time around.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first fight against Maidana was posed to tell us alot bout Broner tho:bryan:

and it did. but in a different way for some than expected. it was supposed to be about Maidana's power, which I think all things considered, AB handled it fairly. what he didnt fair well against that may have been a surprise was the speed and boxing that Maidana did. it told us a hell of a lot about Broner though. it told us about his defense, his footwork, and his punching volume. the thing is, he had questions about all that to begin with. he needs to tighten all that up if he is gonna make it in this game...but most of all, he needs to change his attitude.