Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
like Maidana limitations aint been exposed. couldnt take out china chinned Khan and got dropped. struggled with ancient Morales. fukkin life n death war with Josesito. what makes you think this guy is clearly a better fighter than Paulie or a huge favorite? :camby: with this Argentine hype job.

@Newzz :ufdup: we gotta thank your boy for making Madonna look like a HOF caliber fighter

That's what I said. It's Broner's fault that Maidana is getting this random love now:snoop:

IMO, Broner was upset by Maidana. Maidana is not an elite fighter and is a B talent. He is not this monster he's now being portrayed to be. He is a product of Broner's losing.

Marcos Maidana.....2014's Carlos Baldomir.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its funny because I dont even think Maidana is better than Broner. Broner just pulled a Dawson in that fight. No way he shouldve gotten caught that early. He just didnt respect this dude. how you get hit with the first thing you should already know a nikka gonna throw?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:snoop: at nikkas really up in the feelings over fukking Paulie "Only got a jab" Malignaggi. :what:

I swear it's been a slow week in here.

The Cano fight is all I need to know to see how Paulie would fare against Maidana. Paulie would just apply the same HOF skills he used to win that fight so decisively. :heh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
its funny because I dont even think Maidana is better than Broner. Broner just pulled a Dawson in that fight. No way he shouldve gotten caught that early. He just didnt respect this dude. how you get hit with the first thing you should already know a nikka gonna throw?

I don't think he's better either. It was an upset to me.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's a close fight either way but dudes are acting like we are saying he is the cac version of Floyd. :beli:

actually, cant remember who, but people were saying that a few years about Paulie. he is a damn good fighter. he has his issues, but like he said...he needed to get with Haymon to be afforded some opportunities. he perhaps couldve won more if his team wouldve been better post DiBella. boxing just like any other professional sport requires some timing and there are a lot of outside factors to be considered. congrats to Maidana for exposing Broner and Ortiz, but its not like we werent saying somebody was gonna do that shyt sooner than later. he happened to be the guy in position at the right times. if the timing was right, that couldve just as easily been Matthysse exposing Broner. it is what it is. I dont want to bash the guy but he really is a C+ or B- fighter. years from now we wont be discussing how he still rules WW with an iron fist. he is on borrowed time.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: at nikkas really up in the feelings over fukking Paulie "Only got a jab" Malignaggi. :what:

I swear it's been a slow week in here.

The Cano fight is all I need to know to see how Paulie would fare against Maidana. Paulie would just apply the same HOF skills he used to win that fight so decisively. :heh:

question. if you guys think Maidana is a better fighter than 2 years ago, why wouldnt Paulie be? he is sitting down more and not jumping around as much. I thought Maidana was gonna KILL Morales. was pissed it was even sanctioned. I admit I was wrong about that. :lolbron:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
question. if you guys think Maidana is a better fighter than 2 years ago, why wouldnt Paulie be? he is sitting down more and not jumping around as much. I thought Maidana was gonna KILL Morales. was pissed it was even sanctioned. I admit I was wrong about that. :lolbron:

:snoop: at this nikka still quoting me in regards to Paulie and Maidana. Ya'll saying you don't really care yet keep quoting me even though I'm no longer quoting ya'll. Everything I said about the match up has already been stated in previous posts on previous pages.

The bottom line is this. Regardless of how bad Paulie looked against Cano, for whatever reason you still think he boxes the shyt outta Maidana. I as well as other have stated why that shyt sounds funny as fukk. There is nothing else to be said that could alter your view on this match up. Apparently you see something that we don't see (whatever the fukk that is :heh:)

Neither is more skilled than the other. It's a simple clash of styles where I feel Maidana's skills would be more essential to winning than would Paulie's skills. It's not always about who's more skilled, but who applies their skill better. I just feel Maidana would apply his tools better.

I hope this concludes this little debate on two B- level fighters that were allowed more praise than necessary due to Broner letting them be more competitive than they should have been when he fought them.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:snoop: :heh:

I hope this concludes this little debate on two B- level fighters that were allowed more praise than necessary due to Broner letting them be more competitive than they should have been when he fought them.

Yep.....it's Broner fault all the way. He's either NOT the real deal or he was just upset by Maidana.

Either way, Paulie and Maidana are both B fighters at the end of the day imo

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another thing is, we need a Controversial Decision thread. Duke said a loss is a loss. Not in my book. Just like Floyd said...there's no such thing as a "really won". If its highway robbery, yeah. But people throw around that word robbery too much. If a case can be made for a fighter winning its not a robbery.

I have said this before about Alexander-Matthysse...whereas people said that was a robbery. I didnt see it that way. What I saw was a lot of close rounds that easily couldve went both ways depending on what you were looking at but the judges giving them to Alexander because he landed more. Yeah, I know, he only landed like 1 or 2 punches more per round....but it was enough to win that round. He put those rounds in the bank. the rounds Alexander won, he didnt do shyt. the problem for Matthysse was he did less. Now...when it gets to the last 4 rounds or so, Matthysse goes crazy. wins his rounds big. iirc the judges may have given Alexander the last round. in a 10 round fight, if Alexander wins 6 rounds by razor thin margin and Matthysse wins 3 rounds big including a 10-8 round...at the end it comes down to points which are added up by rounds won.
Alexander may have got the shyt kicked out of him but he was credited enough rounds to get the victory...which is by no means a robbery.

I don't throw around that word too often. I consider a robbery where you couldn't even give it to the fighter who won even if you wanted to. You could score all the close rounds in their favor & they still wouldn't win. That's what I consider a robbery.

A close win is debatable & may be subjective.

I really don't like talking about controversial decisions. What's the point in a sport that is corrupt as boxing? There is no point in arguing that fighter A beat fighter B, when there's a possibility a judge was paid to give the fight to a certain fighter.

It gets to the point where people try to justify bad decisions on some "well I can see how they could score it that way." These judges arent dumb. These judge aren't that bad. They are aware of what they are doing when they are scoring a fight. Therefore, how can official wins or losses have any credibility to you knowing this?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Maidana doesnt have quick hands breh.....he has average speed. Fast/quick hands? nah.

Secondly, Floyd would beat him, Garcia would beat him, Devon would beat him, Thurman would beat him, Broner is GOING to beat him in the rematch, and Guerrero would beat him as well. I would also favor Ortiz over him in a rematch.

Maidana is the one being extremely overrated and I blame that on nobody but Adrien Broner. If it wasnt for him losing that fight, Maidana would still be where he belongs, looked at like a B fighter. Maidana has power, a good chin, average hand speed, decent defense, but he DID gas out towards the middle and end of the Broner fight.....so I dont know where this he has "great stamina" thought I'm reading from other posters are coming from. He doesnt.

Maidana is not as good as yall are trying to make him out to be. And for the record, Mayorga at 147, the one that fought Vernon Forrest would dismantle any version of Maidana at 147 breh.
-I'll give you Ortiz, he gave as good as he got first time around and if he has decided that he's not "too young to be getting hit", he could overcome Maidana and probably stop him on the ropes, I wouldn't bet on it going past 9 rounds........but we'll see how far gone or close to center he is when he faces Collazo. As of right now, despite what happened the first time around, I feel as if he's a legitimate threat to everyone at 147 because he can box, extremely athletic, and can punch with the best of em. Courage don't fail me now.......

-I'll give you The Ghost as well, but it would be a 115-113 affair, a great fight too. The Ghost gets knocked down at least once but he's just slick enough to win on the judges scorecards, he's a bytch when it comes to the politics outside the ring, but a warrior inside those ropes. I ain't consider him cause he ain't tryna be down with the GBP crew so.....

-I ain't giving you One Time :ufdup: I'd say he has a shot at outboxing Maidana, but I honestly can't see it at the moment. Another good win or two and I'd say otherwise depending on how he looks and who he faces, but as of right now, I see him getting the same treatment Broner got, only he hits harder than Broner and probably stuns Maidana back a couple times, this would be a FOTY candidate as well. I like One Time, I ain't tryna see him take that ass whooping.....I'll say this, since Dan Birmingham took over, he's been getting better and better and better and better and.....

Mayorga was as unskilled as they come, literally just threw whatever he wanted, and with another large puncher, as it always had, it would catch up to him. Poor poor Vernon Forrest, I HATE it had to be him........I really do, RIP champ :to:

And Broner bout to MAKE MEEEEEEEEEEE, change the avatar on all of you posters :wow:

Who are you betting with, I gotta know, is it me or what? One week, Broner/Maidana II, I got Maidana. Your avatar will be ready once fight photos are released :shaq:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
-I'll give you Ortiz, he gave as good as he got first time around and if he has decided that he's not "too young to be getting hit", he could overcome Maidana and probably stop him on the ropes, I wouldn't bet on it going past 9 rounds........but we'll see how far gone or close to center he is when he faces Collazo. As of right now, despite what happened the first time around, I feel as if he's a legitimate threat to everyone at 147 because he can box, extremely athletic, and can punch with the best of em. Courage don't fail me now.......

-I'll give you The Ghost as well, but it would be a 115-113 affair, a great fight too. The Ghost gets knocked down at least once but he's just slick enough to win on the judges scorecards, he's a bytch when it comes to the politics outside the ring, but a warrior inside those ropes. I ain't consider him cause he ain't tryna be down with the GBP crew so.....

-I ain't giving you One Time :ufdup: I'd say he has a shot at outboxing Maidana, but I honestly can't see it at the moment. Another good win or two and I'd say otherwise depending on how he looks and who he faces, but as of right now, I see him getting the same treatment Broner got, only he hits harder than Broner and probably stuns Maidana back a couple times, this would be a FOTY candidate as well. I like One Time, I ain't tryna see him take that ass whooping.....I'll say this, since Dan Birmingham took over, he's been getting better and better and better and better and.....

Mayorga was as unskilled as they come, literally just threw whatever he wanted, and with another large puncher, as it always had, it would catch up to him. Poor poor Vernon Forrest, I HATE it had to be him........I really do, RIP champ :to:

And Broner bout to MAKE MEEEEEEEEEEE, change the avatar on all of you posters :wow:

Who are you betting with, I gotta know, is it me or what? One week, Broner/Maidana II, I got Maidana. Your avatar will be ready once fight photos are released :shaq:

You already know I'm riding with AB, so if you wanna rock a #BandCamp avi.......place your bet now:demonic:

1 week, 2 weeks, 3 or a month........your choice:ufdup:

SuikodenII

Daps
You already know I'm riding with AB, so if you wanna rock a #BandCamp avi.......place your bet now:demonic:

1 week, 2 weeks, 3 or a month........your choice:ufdup:
For YOU..........a month :blessed:

Don't worry bruh, just like Krack, I got something special for you :jawalrus:

And if Maidana is Baldomir............AB is Zab Judah :damn:

SuikodenII

Daps
-Erik Morales returns 3/22 against Jorge Paez Jr.

.........He says it's one of two final bouts before he finally retires

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yep.....it's Broner fault all the way. He's either NOT the real deal or he was just upset by Maidana.

Either way, Paulie and Maidana are both B fighters at the end of the day imo

True and Floyd and Manny deserve partial blame for Broner's success in the first place. Them not fighting each other caused a void in the boxing landscape which allowed Broner and his entertaining fukkery to become the most attractive thing besides those two that could grab the interests from the majority of casual fans. Dude getting millions of television views for fighting regular ass nikkas.

Broner would have always been a star, but nobody can tell me he'd be this big ten years ago fighting the same type of dudes. I know social media/internet played their part too, but damn. Just imagine if Broner's image was cleaner and he ain't just catch the upset fade. He'd prolly be even bigger.

Boxing has a domino effect like a muthafukka :russ: