Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
@SuikodenII @LauderdaleBoss

I think you guys are overrating Maidana's boxing ability if you dont think Paulie can outbox him. I dont think anyone here said Paulie is a master boxer, correct me if I am wrong. I said he would box the shyt outta Maidana. Not the same thing. I really dont see that as being some tall order or putting Paulie on the level of Sweet Pea. I really wasnt going by Naazim. I am not even sure which interview you are talking about unless its the one where he said Paulie was a special fighter because he has won titles and has zero punch. I dont remember Brother saying Paulie was a special boxer. I never saw him as one, but good enough to outbox opposition who wasnt as good as him technically but lacking the power to discourage stronger fighters from getting up in his personal space.

Only thing I can say is there are two opinions here. One that thinks Paulie beats Maidana and vice-versa. We can talk about what we see with our eyes and what not, the only thing we can hope for is a fight and see which opinion really holds true.

As far as the trainer, eh....subtle differences...but still see the same Maidana. Broner just didnt do his fukking homework. Let's get off Paulie and get on the fact that Maidana's days as WW champ are already numbered. He'd just better hope he can cash out with Floyd before his time runs out.
Paulie is basically getting credit out of sympathy. Every time he's stepped up to the top level competition he flopped. Judah might be his best win, at least as far as name value goes. Diaz was past it and out of weight class.....Ngojo (sp?) arguably won that fight......outboxed N'Dou thoroughly the first time around, had that hair mishap in the rematch but faltered badly in the 2nd half.......beat Edner Cherry if that means anything...........

Hatton and Khan embarrassed him

Broner beat him, though he had more success than some thought he would

Cano got robbed

Beat Senchenko on cuts, though he was dominating so I can't take anything away from that performance

So which of these performances tells you that Malignaggi, who recently couldn't handle the pressure of Cano nor Broner, can handle a hard charging, quick hands, MUCH harder puncher in Maidana? Now look at who GBP got at 147-140........none of those guys beating Maidana right now cept Mayweather, Garcia (though we've never seen him at 147), and maybe Devon (gotta give him the benefit of the doubt since he won so handily the first time around) even though Porter made an ugly fight out of his last bout and got the best of it, close but clear.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie is basically getting credit out of sympathy. Every time he's stepped up to the top level competition he flopped. Judah might be his best win, at least as far as name value goes. Diaz was past it and out of weight class.....Ngojo (sp?) arguably won that fight......outboxed N'Dou thoroughly the first time around, had that hair mishap in the rematch but faltered badly in the 2nd half.......beat Edner Cherry if that means anything...........

Hatton and Khan embarrassed him

Broner beat him, though he had more success than some thought he would

Cano got robbed

Beat Senchenko on cuts, though he was dominating so I can't take anything away from that performance

So which of these performances tells you that Malignaggi, who recently couldn't handle the pressure of Cano nor Broner, can handle a hard charging, quick hands, MUCH harder puncher in Maidana? Now look at who GBP got at 147-140........none of those guys beating Maidana right now cept Mayweather, Garcia (though we've never seen him at 147), and maybe Devon (gotta give him the benefit of the doubt since he won so handily the first time around) even though Porter made an ugly fight out of his last bout and got the best of it, close but clear.
Maidana would kill paulie
Not sure why it's such a debate
Paulie is a c plus fighter

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Hearing talk about JMM facing Alvarado
Why would he turn down a mandatory for a 140 belt against Provodnikov for Alvarado?

http://www.boxingscene.com/juan-manuel-marquez-no-provodnikov-no-alvarado--73520

By Rene Umanzor

Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez, 40-years-old, is still not fully decided on whether he plans to continue fighting. Marquez is still pursuing a rematch with WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, who won a twelve round split decision over Marquez last October in Las Vegas.

"The best option for me is that rematch with Bradley and undoubtedly that's my goal, but first I must decide if I plan to continue boxing. For me, it would be great and fill me with pride to bring Bradley to Mexico and have neutral judges, to say goodbye here in my country," Marquez said.

"Right now I'm knocking on the door of retirement, but I want to have two more fights. But, behind that decision is my family, my team, the people who are with you always. Some people who I consider friends, they tell me to stop boxing, and if I decide to do that at this point - I will retire satisfied."

Marquez made it clear, once again, that he doesn't have any interest in facing WBO 140-pound champion Ruslan Provodnikov or tough junior welterweight Mike Alvarado.

"Neither Alvarado nor Provodnikov are in my plans. I'm going forward. They are great fighters, and I'm not putting them down, but I gain nothing by fighting with them. If I beat Provodnikov I win a title that was already mine and Alvarado is not a champion. I have nothing to prove. I want a fifth world title and that's my goal," Marquez said.

Rene Umanzor cover boxing in Mexico for The Record.

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think Lucas takes a W over Maidana
JMM still want that fifth title eh? In his home country of Mexico with neutral judges :heh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Newzz

if AB does get Maidana....which he likely will....and he reverses the outcome...decisively....then from a boxing standpoint I would say the lost would be the best thing that ever happened to him. (even though from a business standpoint it was a setback)

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Maidana doesnt have quick hands breh.....he has average speed. Fast/quick hands? nah.

Secondly, Floyd would beat him, Garcia would beat him, Devon would beat him, Thurman would beat him, Broner is GOING to beat him in the rematch, and Guerrero would beat him as well. I would also favor Ortiz over him in a rematch.

Maidana is the one being extremely overrated and I blame that on nobody but Adrien Broner. If it wasnt for him losing that fight, Maidana would still be where he belongs, looked at like a B fighter. Maidana has power, a good chin, average hand speed, decent defense, but he DID gas out towards the middle and end of the Broner fight.....so I dont know where this he has "great stamina" thought I'm reading from other posters are coming from. He doesnt.

Maidana is not as good as yall are trying to make him out to be. And for the record, Mayorga at 147, the one that fought Vernon Forrest would dismantle any version of Maidana at 147 breh.

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73526#ixzz2q6MQSGZ2

Team Maidana Disappointed With Broner II, Want Floyd
Posted by: Luis Sandoval on1/11/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Luis Sandoval

News broke Friday afternoon that Adrien Broner would be exercising his rematch clause in order to face newly crowned WBA Welterweight champion Marcos Maidana again after Maidana handed Broner his first professional loss last month in San Antonio, TX.

With Maidana seemingly contractually obligated to give Broner a second fight, it also means he might be out of the Floyd Mayweather sweepstakes. Both he and Amir Khan were the two names being considered to face Floyd on May 3rd but Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer told BoxingScene’s Rick Reeno that a fight between Broner and Maidana is now being discussed to take place in April.

BoxingScene reached out to Maidana’s manager Sebastian Contursi to get his reactions and thoughts regarding the news of a rematch with Broner taking place in a few months.

“Richard just contacted me one hour ago and informed me about it. Yet I cannot deny that we are disappointed since we thought that Marcos had earned his right to face Mayweather. We are open for discussions about any significant fights. If a Broner rematch is one of those options, Team Maidana will listen to what Golden Boy Promotions and Al Haymon have to offer,” Contursi communicated via email.

In an interview with FightHype’s Ben Thompson, Floyd Mayweather confirmed that Maidana was indeed a viable option for him to face in May. With the current news now about a Maidana-Broner fight now being staged for April 19th or April 26th, it could leave Mayweather with just one option for his next fight.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the coming weeks.

You can follow Luis Sandoval on Twitter & Instagram @Truewest007.

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said before, there's a chance that BRONER can actually be the one more motivated for the fight this time, because Maidana wanted Floyd. He said Broner was the best fighter he ever fought.....why would he wanna fight him again so soon, when the "Mayweather Sweepstakes" was right there in his face:manny:

Broner wants badly to fight Maidana again. Maidana's not very interested in a rematch so soon. I think that can also affect the fight in the since that, if Broner goes in to train for the fight of his life and Maidana is feeling this let down from not being considered for Floyd, Maidana may not be ready mentally for the fight that's just 13 weeks away

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
when rematches get announced in boxing it was because the last fight was a close fight. you almost never see a guy fighting someone who beat him decisively ever again and thats that way for a reason because in boxing there are some fighters that are superior to a degree that its obvious what the outcome would be meaning theres no reason to even have the fight at all. for everybody talking about a broner-maidana 2 go back and watch the fight again and honestly ask yourself if this was a kind of fight that should be a rematch and see how you feel trying to rationalize that position to yourself. emmanual steward used to have a saying he would use in some fights where he would say that it looks like dog trying to fight a bear and thats something i think he would have said if he was there calling that fight that night. it looked like a little dog trying to fight a bear. some things in boxing are the way they are for a reason. we have weight classes for a reason. we have rematches only for close fights for a reason. everything adrian broner tried to do against marcos maidana failed. when he tried to move and box he kept getting hit and when he tried to bring his guard all the way up to his chest area and walk down maidana he still kept getting hit. you cant let a hard puncher like marcos maidana be able to hit you this much and nothing in their last fight signaled to me that adrian broner can stop that from happening all over again

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
when rematches get announced in boxing it was because the last fight was a close fight. you almost never see a guy fighting someone who beat him decisively ever again and thats that way for a reason because in boxing there are some fighters that are superior to a degree that its obvious what the outcome would be meaning theres no reason to even have the fight at all.

Did we not see Manny Pacquiao destroy MAB twice?:lupe:

Did Joe Frazier NOT rematch Muhammad Ali after destroying him in the 1st fight?:patrice:

Did we not see Lennox Lewis get KTFO in 5 rounds by Hashim Rahman and get an immediate rematch?:ufdup:

Did we not see Shane Mosley lose to Vernon Forrest by scores of 118-108, 117-108, and 115-110 and get an immediate rematch?:what:

Did we not see Shane Mosley lose to Winky Wright by scores of 117-111, 117-111, and 116-112 and get an immediate rematch?:dahell:

Also, BRONER was the Champion.....not Marcos Maidana. A Champ usually has in his contract a "rematch" clause, so why are you upset because Broner wants to excercise his rematch option?:dwillhuh: Champions ALWAYS get rematches if they want too, because they have that written in to their contracts.

Anyways, it's looking like Maidana is looking for a way to try and duck Broner:dead:

[/url]

"Evaluation of best options?":camby:

nikka......you aint got no option. Get back in that ring with AB or give up the belt then:birdman:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
a lot of those fights you just named are the reason why we dont see it. look how many fighters get dominated twice. same result. theres a reason why this is the way it is. maidana is right to try to further his career and try and push for that mayweather paycheck BUT if he cant get that then youre right the broner fight is the best fight he could get they maybe can even make that a ppv from the backstory they can create. there would be no reason for maidana to not take that fight except for ducking but i cant sit here and really imagine miadana ducking a good check from a fighter he already beat doesnt make any sense