Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
another thing is, we need a Controversial Decision thread. Duke said a loss is a loss. Not in my book. Just like Floyd said...there's no such thing as a "really won". If its highway robbery, yeah. But people throw around that word robbery too much. If a case can be made for a fighter winning its not a robbery.

I have said this before about Alexander-Matthysse...whereas people said that was a robbery. I didnt see it that way. What I saw was a lot of close rounds that easily couldve went both ways depending on what you were looking at but the judges giving them to Alexander because he landed more. Yeah, I know, he only landed like 1 or 2 punches more per round....but it was enough to win that round. He put those rounds in the bank. the rounds Alexander won, he didnt do shyt. the problem for Matthysse was he did less. Now...when it gets to the last 4 rounds or so, Matthysse goes crazy. wins his rounds big. iirc the judges may have given Alexander the last round. in a 10 round fight, if Alexander wins 6 rounds by razor thin margin and Matthysse wins 3 rounds big including a 10-8 round...at the end it comes down to points which are added up by rounds won.
Alexander may have got the shyt kicked out of him but he was credited enough rounds to get the victory...which is by no means a robbery.

start one up breh :myman:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Maidana would kill paulie
Not sure why it's such a debate
Paulie is a c plus fighter

But, but, but Paulie has a great jab and he's a master boxer that beat battled tested ring veterans such as Edner Cherry and N'dou twice.. He even decided to get hit more than usual against Cano in order to make a thrilling fight for his hometown fans.

There's no way he would lose to a crude slugger like Maidana who's best wins are against guys like Broner and Ortiz who Goldenboy were trying to make the next biggest things since sliced bread.

:rudy::snoop::heh:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
But, but, but Paulie has a great jab and he's a master boxer that beat battled tested ring veterans such as Edner Cherry and N'dou twice.. He even decided to get hit more than usual against Cano in order to make a thrilling fight for his hometown fans.

There's no way he would lose to a crude slugger like Maidana who's best wins are against guys like Broner and Ortiz who Goldenboy were trying to make the next biggest things since sliced bread.

He does have a great jab.

Link to ANYONE here saying he is a "master boxer", I'll wait.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

:russ::umad:

Nobody said he was a master boxer, but the thing is ya'll act like he is when ya'll post about dude as if all his limitations haven't been exposed time and time again. That's why this shyt is so damn funny.

Dude gets battered and beaten all over the ring by Cano, but nikkas is still insisting that he'd give Maidana some boxing lesson. Not even saying it'd be close or an even fight, but that he'll box the shyt outta dude which implies that he'd win at least 9 out of 12 rounds.

I just don't see it, but hey do you breh. :mjlol:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

thank you. he keeps saying someone said that but I dont know who.

Broner or Ortiz have not done anything and they havent even proven to be A level talent. yall overrating the fukk outta Maidana...a guy in the right place at the right time. Julio Diaz did more damage to Khan than Maidana did. fukkin struggle boxing against blown up shot Morales. you do Morales like Swift did him. get his ass outta there and be done with him. :camby:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If we're overrating Maidana, than ya'll nikkas is overrating Paulie as well especially since he hasn't shown to be any better, but since he's got a good jab ya'll think he beats Maidana even though he got slapped all over the ring by Cano. I wonder where that good jab was at for that fight. :heh:

Think having a good jab is all it takes to beat hard relentless punchers breh.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Nobody said he was a master boxer, but the thing is ya'll act like he is when ya'll post about dude as if all his limitations haven't been exposed time and time again. That's why this shyt is so damn funny.

Dude gets battered and beaten all over the ring by Cano, but nikkas is still insisting that he'd give Maidana some boxing lesson. Not even saying it'd be close or an even fight, but that he'll box the shyt outta dude which implies that he'd win at least 9 out of 12 rounds.

:what:

Why would I be mad? I called you out on your :duck: and now you are switching it up "bbbut ya'll act like " :camby:

I'm pretty sure every Paulie fan here has spoke on his limitations. He is skilled, has been in very tough fights and has a lot of heart. The fact that he has gotten this far with his limitations is part of the reason he has fans.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

like Maidana limitations aint been exposed. couldnt take out china chinned Khan and got dropped. struggled with ancient Morales. fukkin life n death war with Josesito. what makes you think this guy is clearly a better fighter than Paulie or a huge favorite? :camby: with this Argentine hype job.

@Newzz :ufdup: we gotta thank your boy for making Madonna look like a HOF caliber fighter

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we're overrating Maidana, than ya'll nikkas is overrating Paulie as well especially since he hasn't shown to be any better, but since he's got a good jab ya'll think he beats Maidana even though he got slapped all over the ring by Cano. I wonder where that good jab was at for that fight. :heh:

Think having a good jab is all it takes to beat hard relentless punchers breh.

how can we be overrating Paulie by saying he can beat Maidana :yeshrug:

thats all I am saying here.

pretend we didnt mention Paulie.

here are the fighters I would pick over Maidana or at least give them even odds in an upcoming bout.

Swift
Broner
Porter
Brook
Alexander
Guerrero
Thurman
Matthysse

here are fighters I would pick Maidana to beat

Khan
Peterson

I didnt name any TR fighters but if you want here goes....

I pick over Maidana...

Bradley
Manny

I would say Prov is about 50/50

I would take Maidana over

Alvarado

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Argue about who's the better B- level fighter brehs.

:pachaha:

see thats what we are not doing. thats you. you make it seem as if Maidana is clearly better than Paulie. neither one of them are top 5 welterweights.

here are my rankings from the other thread

Welterweight

1) Mayweather
2) Bradley
3) Marquez
4) Manny
5) Porter

so I give a fukk about either one of them. just stating that I think Paulie boxes his ass to a decision. thats all.

if continuing my top 10 welters...Maidana is 6th and Paulie is 7th...for the record