Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leon should have never posted this shyt without speaking to Floyd first AND even if he did, he should have never spoke on it. Clearly he was someone Floyd spoke to and for him to throw Floyd under the bus, for no money at that, was some bullshyt:snoop:

Thanks to him doing that though allowed the rise of Fighthype:heh:

from what I was told, Leon tried to get May to speak on it and May refused and I think kinda shyt on Leon in the process so Leon was like :ufdup:..I'mma float the shyt and see if you got sum to say then. :takedat:

it was a lot of truth to the story though. Don King almost had Floyd too. He proposed a $100M 4-fight deal and promised that he could work with TR to get the Manny fight. The undercard was gonna be stacked. A DK vs TR undercard basically. In fact, Don King said he loaned Floyd $500k when he was having the tax issues and said as late as a couple of years ago that Floyd hadnt paid him back. :manny:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Paulie is so average. A guy like him is not outboxing the shiit out of anyone. We're talking about a guy that got a gift from Ngoudjo & many felt he lost that 2nd fight to Ndou, who was crude as hell.

:camby:

Ain't shyt average about Paulie breh, the fact that he has gotten this far with ZERO power is to be respected. Ask anyone who has ever got a decent amount of work in what it feels like sparring/fighting a guy you know you can't hurt. Now imagine doing that on an elite level, Paulie ain't ordinary breh.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
shyt was so long ago I can't even remember any names. I do remember one dude who used to stan the fukk outta Hopkins though. This nikka used to praise dude like he was his old prison cell mate or some shyt. :snoop:

Method :blessed:

That was my fellow BHop stan :to:

All of the OG boxingtalk guys left fighthype once it got too crazy with the Floyd stuff. They didn't even want anything negative about him in the forums. They have their own forum up now, I haven't been there in the longest.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maidana doesn't neccessarily have to be better than the other dudes Paulie lost to because it just comes down to styles. Same thing with Cano. He ain't better than none of them dudes either and he put hands all over Paulie and dropped his as well.

exactly. so again, what makes you think Maidana is better than Paulie or kicks his ass in a fight? not saying Paulie definitely wins....but saying this....Paulie has had a good career. Maidana has as well, but Maidana's biggest wins had a lot to do with timing. the Broner fight in particular. I posted a while back that Broner shouldnt take a fight at 147 (after Paulie), he should go to 140. Paulie basically gave the recipe and Maidana added power to the ingredients. I could name 10 welterweights that couldve beaten Broner that night. I would gladly back Paulie if he and Maidana were to fight in the near future.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Zahir Raheem sighting lol

Why did he have the career he did?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny you mention the Forrest fight since Shane got dropped twice and their was also a clash of heads in that bout as well.

I do think Broner was more competitive with Maidana then Mosely was with Forrest though
. Forrest was even tagging him hard at the end of each round on some "Here nikka, think about that shyt while you sitting on the stool in the corner too."

interesting because I think Mosley fought as valiant as he could. Shane had a lot of dog in him and if ever in my lifetime I seen one shot change a nikka whole mentality it was the body shot that Vernon hit Shane with. the shriek that Shane let out was fukking blood curdling. While I will agree Broner was more competitive in his fight, I will say I believe that body shot hurt Shane WAY more than any shot Broner got hit with that night....and arguably, that blow was the hardest Shane has been hit. It was rumored that his rib was cracked from that shot. it wasnt as damaging as the RJJ shot on Hill but it was pretty vicious.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

bad promotions and management. he was fukkin with Tony Holden for a while down in Oklahoma, then when he beat Morales, TR gave him the shaft. he wasnt a complete fighter, he had problems with certain styles. still, his career shouldve been more notable being an Olympian. in the pros, management and promotion can make or break a fighter who is borderline in terms of star talent.

sn: DiBella did a lot for Paulie's career. Gary Shaw built up a lot of guys who shytted on him as well...such as Bradley, Nonito, and Angulo.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Giant boxer with struggle skills from the UK that will eventually get knocked the fukk out. A small cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham dropped him hard and rocked dude several times before the size disparity caught up to him.

Fury knows how to run his mouth though.

sexual-chocolate-applause-o.gif

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Broner is gonna have to spar with somebody like a Jesus Soto-Karass in order to get use to the size and power Maidana has over him. I wasnt impressed with Maidana's hand speed, defense, or movement. He does have great power however and throws awkward punches from weird angles like that punch in the 2nd round that dropped AB.

Broner cannot attempt to walk him down again, because that's stupid, and plays right into Maidana's strengths. He cant let Maidana wrestle him either, because Maidana is naturally the bigger/stronger man, and will wear him down.

His gonna have to fight him like Floyd fought Baldomir, SRL fought Duran, Bradley fought JMM......he's gonna have to use his boxing skills in order to win.

Funny thing this time though, I think BRONER is the one more motivated for the fight while Maidana is kinda feeling a let down, because he thought this victory would lead to a Mayweather showdown. If a motivated Broner shows up ready to box, it may be a different story.

the thing is...I dont think he has THAT type of boxing style. He has some boxing skill but he has been fighting a style that is not complimentary of him for some time now. That style only works against guys that cant punch and he can overpower. I dont think he can change straight away to be moving like those guys you mentioned. Well, he dont have no feet like SRL or Floyd....no way. Bradley has always been a guy that could fight on his toes too since he was fighting on Shobox. Whether he chose to do that or not, was a different story. I think AB should fight the same style he fought last time. He just needs movement. More head, feet, and hand movement.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
leon was an instigator for the right reasons at times? did you peep the tyson/shelley finkle shyt? that was WOW ..
the tyson/james toney/tarver shyt was Ill.

yo btalk forum during 01--06 was the shyt.

breh....Boxingtalk and Leon was the fukkin shyt. just like @LauderdaleBoss said though...they were doing too much. too arrogant for one. also pissing too many people off before getting their name and site at the proper level. the gawds dont forget that shyt.

I remember when Leon blasted HBO and Showtime for on-air mentions of boxing news that came first hand from BTalk without naming them as a source. I remember right after that Lampley cited them as a source...and so did someone on Showtime for a separate story. Soon after that, BTalk wasnt getting the exclusives anymore and their name didnt ring out on Sho or HBO. they tried to strongarm the bosses and they were just corner boys basically. :snoop:

nikkas just didnt know how to play their position

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
exactly. so again, what makes you think Maidana is better than Paulie or kicks his ass in a fight? not saying Paulie definitely wins....but saying this....Paulie has had a good career. Maidana has as well, but Maidana's biggest wins had a lot to do with timing. the Broner fight in particular. I posted a while back that Broner shouldnt take a fight at 147 (after Paulie), he should go to 140. Paulie basically gave the recipe and Maidana added power to the ingredients. I could name 10 welterweights that couldve beaten Broner that night. I would gladly back Paulie if he and Maidana were to fight in the near future.

I explained why Maidana beats Paulie in the very first post on the subject. Paulie in my eyes struggled and lost to Cano who has a similar style to Maidana. I feel Maidana is a better overall fighter than Cano since he's more powerful, more relentless, and doesn't gas during the course of the fight. He's like all of Cano's strengths magnified, but with better stamina, more power, and more experience. They both struggled with a shot to shyt Morales, but only one of them actually got the win. I think Maidana would look lost during some early spots of the fight, but would eventually end up putting hands on Paulie and winning a clear decision. (116- 112 or 117-111) type of fight. Might even get a knockdown.

I would say Paulie has had the better career achievement wise due to winning titles and that's barely, but both are basically on the same level to me, but just at opposites ends of the spectrum when it comes to boxing styles (boxer- brawler) I look at both dudes as B- boxers.

Paulie's best wins were against C level dudes (Cherry, Ngoudjo, N'dou) or good fighters that were past their primes (Juan Diaz and Zab)

Maidana's best wins are against Broner and Ortiz. Which are wayyyy better wins than what Paulie has. The thing is Maidana's losses have come up against guys who are usually on his level (B minus type fighters in (Alexander, Khan, Kotelnik) while Paulie's losses have come to guys who were elite or once were/became (Cotto, Hatton)

I don't see how I can explain this shyt any better. Paulie isn't some scrub, but he's not worlds above Maidana and him losing to dude isn't all that far fetched. They really on the same level. It's just that I feel Paulie is more vulnerable to losing due to his style than Maidana is and it isn't because he has brittle hands. It's because of his leaky defense.

A prime Corey Spinks would out box Maidana because in the end he got hit less, but I doubt any version of Paulie could.