Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My bad. I couldn't remember it exactly since it happened so long ago. Leon was getting to gossipy with a lot of his news during that time which was short sighted in the long run since everybody was already loving all of the interviews and consistent updates.

I still feel that the other factors sped there downfall up as well.

here it is....

September 17, 2009
WHERE DID ALL FLOYD MAYWEATHER'S MONEY GO?
By G. Leon

Did Money Mayweather Gets Madoffed?

Why did Floyd Mayweather Jr retire from boxing? Because he no longer needed boxing for anything. A position he cemented by walking away from a rematch of the most lucrative fight in the history of the sport. Many, including myself, feel Mayweather made a terrible mistake. Naturally "Money" didn't care what any of us thought, and he had about $40M reasons to feel this way. Why did Floyd Mayweather Jr return to boxing? Money. What the hell happened to all of his money? That's the question nobody has been able to answer, until now.

To make a long story short, Boxingtalk.com understands that during his retirement, Mayweather quickly formed a friendship with a fellow named Willie, who allegedly managed to hustle Mayweather out of so much of his money that he couldn't even afford to pay taxes on his 2007 earnings.

Allegedly Willie told Floyd that he can turn $1M into $4M in a month or less. Floyd gives him the mill and a few DAYS later Willie comes back to Mayweather with $5M.

Of course greed is the reason Mayweather allegedly decided to give Willie the vast majority of his bank account (anywhere from $26-42M) instead of another million or two, or three, or four that he just made.

Mayweather allegedly gives Willie all of his money, and Willie hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Perhaps Big Willie told Floyd that he could turn eight figures into nine figures on another quick flip and it became too much for Floyd to resist.

The desperation Moneyless Mayweather's experienced was evident when he nearly signed a three fight deal with Don King Productions without informing his advisors Leonard Ellerbe or Al Haymon.

Boxingtalk also understands that Haymon, had to leave his ill mother's bedside, and rush to Florida to block the deal from happening by assuring Floyd that he would make more for his next fight without King.

Haymon also allegedly broke off Floyd with a substantial amount of money to hold him down until pay day. This probably marks the first time Mayweather, an HBO fighter for years before Haymon joined the team, actually needed the concert promoter for anything.

Being affiliated with the best fighter in the world certainly helped Haymon secure clients. Working with Mayweather also enabled Haymon to get other clients of his like Vernon Forrest (RIP) and Andre Berto quick title fights against less than stellar opposition because of WHEN Mayweather vacated.

Forrest defeated Carlos Baldomir for the WBC 154 pound title Mayweather won from Oscar De La Hoya and Andre Berto's HBO televised tune up against Mickey "Mouse" Rodriguez became a world title fight when Mayweather vacated the WBC welterweight strap he defended against Ricky Hatton in his last fight. Making those moves fattened everybody but Mayweather's pockets, so according to my calculations Haymon still owes Mayweather at least one favor.

Since he walked on the De La Hoya rematch, Mayweather's decisions have enabled Manny Pacquiao to become a boxing superstar, have cost Floyd millions of dollars in cash, jewelry, automobiles and priceless personal items like the outfit he wore against Zab Judah (nearly $10,000), and the segway shown on HBO's first 24/7 ($3k) were auctioned off on ebay.

Fortunately, he has the talent to make it all back with interest in a year or two. He's always trained like a hungry fighter, and is one of the most gifted fighters I've ever seen, but he needs a win over Marquez more than he's ever needed anything from boxing before because a loss to Marquez would prevent Lil Floyd from ever making big Willie money again.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
yes, there wasnt just one thing. it was a lot of things as you mentioned. especially the advisor shyt. also I remember when somebody died, cant remember who. and they were like "remember where u heard it first"
bGWPnkj.png

but the Mayweather shyt backfired. he basically printed a defamatory story and challenged Floyd to refute it. I think thats when he crossed a line from responsible journalism (and I studied Print Journalism in college) to tabloid.

Yeah I remember that too.
They also spoiled the ending for the first Contender series finale smack dab on the first fukking page with no spoiler alert or anything. :snoop: That shyt pissed off so many people.

Come to think about it. Them nikkas did a lot of fukked up shyt that had me like:what: when they had a winning formula that was mad simple. One of the best examples of doing too much ever.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I remember that too.
They also spoiled the ending for the first Contender series finale smack dab on the first fukking page with no spoiler alert or anything. :snoop: That shyt pissed off so many people.

Come to think about it. Them nikkas did a lot of fukked up shyt that had me like:what: when they had a winning formula that was mad simple. One of the best examples of doing too much ever.

they were fukking up a lot of results like that but not putting spoiler alerts in. I stopped even going there when I knew it was a fight in another country that I wanted to see or was gonna be on tape delay.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
here it is....
INBOX%3E11986

September 17, 2009
INBOX%3E11986
WHERE DID ALL FLOYD MAYWEATHER'S MONEY GO?
By G. Leon

Did Money Mayweather Gets Madoffed?

Why did Floyd Mayweather Jr retire from boxing? Because he no longer needed boxing for anything. A position he cemented by walking away from a rematch of the most lucrative fight in the history of the sport. Many, including myself, feel Mayweather made a terrible mistake. Naturally "Money" didn't care what any of us thought, and he had about $40M reasons to feel this way. Why did Floyd Mayweather Jr return to boxing? Money. What the hell happened to all of his money? That's the question nobody has been able to answer, until now.

To make a long story short, Boxingtalk.com understands that during his retirement, Mayweather quickly formed a friendship with a fellow named Willie, who allegedly managed to hustle Mayweather out of so much of his money that he couldn't even afford to pay taxes on his 2007 earnings.

Allegedly Willie told Floyd that he can turn $1M into $4M in a month or less. Floyd gives him the mill and a few DAYS later Willie comes back to Mayweather with $5M.

Of course greed is the reason Mayweather allegedly decided to give Willie the vast majority of his bank account (anywhere from $26-42M) instead of another million or two, or three, or four that he just made.

Mayweather allegedly gives Willie all of his money, and Willie hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Perhaps Big Willie told Floyd that he could turn eight figures into nine figures on another quick flip and it became too much for Floyd to resist.

The desperation Moneyless Mayweather's experienced was evident when he nearly signed a three fight deal with Don King Productions without informing his advisors Leonard Ellerbe or Al Haymon.

Boxingtalk also understands that Haymon, had to leave his ill mother's bedside, and rush to Florida to block the deal from happening by assuring Floyd that he would make more for his next fight without King.

Haymon also allegedly broke off Floyd with a substantial amount of money to hold him down until pay day. This probably marks the first time Mayweather, an HBO fighter for years before Haymon joined the team, actually needed the concert promoter for anything.

Being affiliated with the best fighter in the world certainly helped Haymon secure clients. Working with Mayweather also enabled Haymon to get other clients of his like Vernon Forrest (RIP) and Andre Berto quick title fights against less than stellar opposition because of WHEN Mayweather vacated.

Forrest defeated Carlos Baldomir for the WBC 154 pound title Mayweather won from Oscar De La Hoya and Andre Berto's HBO televised tune up against Mickey "Mouse" Rodriguez became a world title fight when Mayweather vacated the WBC welterweight strap he defended against Ricky Hatton in his last fight. Making those moves fattened everybody but Mayweather's pockets, so according to my calculations Haymon still owes Mayweather at least one favor.

Since he walked on the De La Hoya rematch, Mayweather's decisions have enabled Manny Pacquiao to become a boxing superstar, have cost Floyd millions of dollars in cash, jewelry, automobiles and priceless personal items like the outfit he wore against Zab Judah (nearly $10,000), and the segway shown on HBO's first 24/7 ($3k) were auctioned off on ebay.

Fortunately, he has the talent to make it all back with interest in a year or two. He's always trained like a hungry fighter, and is one of the most gifted fighters I've ever seen, but he needs a win over Marquez more than he's ever needed anything from boxing before because a loss to Marquez would prevent Lil Floyd from ever making big Willie money again.

Leon should have never posted this shyt without speaking to Floyd first AND even if he did, he should have never spoke on it. Clearly he was someone Floyd spoke to and for him to throw Floyd under the bus, for no money at that, was some bullshyt:snoop:

Thanks to him doing that though allowed the rise of Fighthype:heh:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
they were fukking up a lot of results like that but not putting spoiler alerts in. I stopped even going there when I knew it was a fight in another country that I wanted to see or was gonna be on tape delay.

and to make matters worse, when people would complain about it, he wouldn't even apologize or feel any type of remorse. He'd start bytching an running his mouth off like you were at fault for going to his website. :wtf:

Dude really had an ego out of this world.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Leon should have never posted this shyt without speaking to Floyd first AND even if he did, he should have never spoke on it. Clearly he was someone Floyd spoke to and for him to throw Floyd under the bus, for no money at that, was some bullshyt:snoop:

Thanks to him doing that though allowed the rise of Fighthype:heh:

Fighthype take cheerleading to another level though. They push that Floyd agenda too hard for me to even take them serious. It's like if you allowed some nikkas on here to make a boxing website, that's how that shyt would turn out.

I do respect them for doing they own thing instead of saying with a sinking ship. It's just that there is no longer journalistic integrity in boxing anymore. If you don't suck off these fighters they won't fukk with you anymore. I'm not saying do what Leon did which was obviously out of line, but at least be a lil objective an ask the tough questions sometimes.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
there were a few or more cool posters..
i was bambam on btalk..

shyt was so long ago I can't even remember any names. I do remember one dude who used to stan the fukk outta Hopkins though. This nikka used to praise dude like he was his old prison cell mate or some shyt. :snoop:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie is so average. A guy like him is not outboxing the shiit out of anyone. We're talking about a guy that got a gift from Ngoudjo & many felt he lost that 2nd fight to Ndou, who was crude as hell.

Paulie is nothing, but some jabs and lateral/circular movement. That's all he's ever had. He's used that to his advantage against guys who can't cut the ring off or have lower ring IQ's, but that's it. Why you think any time he's stepped up against elite skilled/talent fighter he gets shut out horribly with Broner being the only loss where he actually was competitive and won some rounds.

lets look at it this way. we are only talking about official losses...ok? Cotto, Hatton, Diaz, Khan, and Broner.

not one of those fighters can Maidana be considered better than unless you want to say Broner...and that isnt clear unless he beats him again. every fighter Paulie lost to is better than Maidana. and Paulie won rounds on Broner, just didnt put him down. I dont think he lost to Ndou. Ndou was no more crude than Maidana. Paulie really lost to guys who had physical advantages over him. Cotto was a BIG jww with boxing skill that puts Maidana to shame. Hatton too physical..and knew how to use that physicality, plus a good body puncher. the only fight I would say he lost where he had somewhat even physical matchup was AB and he didnt do bad in that fight. Paulie's issue has always been brittle hands. He never could put the type of hurt on an opponent to totally discourage them from consistently staying in firing range.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
lets look at it this way. we are only talking about official losses...ok? Cotto, Hatton, Diaz, Khan, and Broner.

not one of those fighters can Maidana be considered better than unless you want to say Broner...and that isnt clear unless he beats him again. every fighter Paulie lost to is better than Maidana. and Paulie won rounds on Broner, just didnt put him down. I dont think he lost to Ndou. Ndou was no more crude than Maidana. Paulie really lost to guys who had physical advantages over him. Cotto was a BIG jww with boxing skill that puts Maidana to shame. Hatton too physical..and knew how to use that physicality, plus a good body puncher. the only fight I would say he lost where he had somewhat even physical matchup was AB and he didnt do bad in that fight. Paulie's issue has always been brittle hands. He never could put the type of hurt on an opponent to totally discourage them from consistently staying in firing range.

Paulie's biggest flaw wasn't his brittle hands. It was his leaky ass defense. Dude got hit too fukking much breh. I thought he beat Ndou the 1st time, although the 2nd fight was closer and could have easily been a draw or went the other way. I wouldn't call it a gift though.

Maidana doesn't neccessarily have to be better than the other dudes Paulie lost to because it just comes down to styles. Same thing with Cano. He ain't better than none of them dudes either and he put hands all over Paulie and dropped his as well.

People like to bring up Paulie's brittle hands for that built in excuse because he can't do anything about that, but for someone as quick as he was his defense was just average at best.
Calzaghe had bad hands too, but he compensated in other ways while Paulie couldn't. Paulie is one of the rare quick light hitting dudes that got hit all the time. Spinks was weak too, but had way better ring awareness and defense as well.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
hey boxing heads what's up with this tyson fury dude? :what:

Giant boxer with struggle skills from the UK that will eventually get knocked the fukk out. A small cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham dropped him hard and rocked dude several times before the size disparity caught up to him.

Fury knows how to run his mouth though.