Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course Mosley is still a HOF'er and had his moments afterwards. Reason why I brought up Shane was because it was evident that (while still a good fighter) those losses against Vernon Forrest took alot out of him. He was never quite the same guy afterwards.

That could potentially be Broner. If he loses again to Chino, he might never be the same again :manny:

thats what I meant. if he loses, he wont even be a SSM. he has the potential to be as good as Mosley though. he just needs to win some fights and I think fight at 140 some too if he can make the weight, which I am sure he can.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I picked Broner to beat Maidana the last time, and I'll pick him again for the rematch although I'm not as confident as before. I think Maidana starting off so fast is what really threw him off the most. shyt took him by surprise and he got hurt before he could adjust and then it was all downhill from there. He kept it competitive though and won some rounds, but ultimately dug a hole too deep for him to climb out an ended up losing clearly.

If he jabs and use the ring more he'd win a rematch. Maidana is like a poor man's Mayorga and nowhere near the boxing puzzle that Broner made him look like in the 1st fight.

thats the fukked up thing. its like they didnt even watch any tape of Maidana. not hard at all to put game plan together for him. he is as basic as it gets and Broner looked shocked. thats why I said keep Maidana away from Paulie. he would get the shyt boxed outta him.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Of course Mosley is still a HOF'er and had his moments afterwards. Reason why I brought up Shane was because it was evident that (while still a good fighter) those losses against Vernon Forrest took alot out of him. He was never quite the same guy afterwards.

That could potentially be Broner. If he loses again to Chino, he might never be the same again :manny:

It's funny you mention the Forrest fight since Shane got dropped twice and their was also a clash of heads in that bout as well.

I do think Broner was more competitive with Maidana then Mosely was with Forrest though. Forrest was even tagging him hard at the end of each round on some "Here nikka, think about that shyt while you sitting on the stool in the corner too."

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I think Broner is gonna have to spar with somebody like a Jesus Soto-Karass in order to get use to the size and power Maidana has over him. I wasnt impressed with Maidana's hand speed, defense, or movement. He does have great power however and throws awkward punches from weird angles like that punch in the 2nd round that dropped AB.

Broner cannot attempt to walk him down again, because that's stupid, and plays right into Maidana's strengths. He cant let Maidana wrestle him either, because Maidana is naturally the bigger/stronger man, and will wear him down.

His gonna have to fight him like Floyd fought Baldomir, SRL fought Duran, Bradley fought JMM......he's gonna have to use his boxing skills in order to win.

Funny thing this time though, I think BRONER is the one more motivated for the fight while Maidana is kinda feeling a let down, because he thought this victory would lead to a Mayweather showdown. If a motivated Broner shows up ready to box, it may be a different story.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
thats the fukked up thing. its like they didnt even watch any tape of Maidana. not hard at all to put game plan together for him. he is as basic as it gets and Broner looked shocked. thats why I said keep Maidana away from Paulie. he would get the shyt boxed outta him.

He said they didnt watch any tape on Maidana:snoop:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

I swear ya'll nikkas overrate Paulie's boxing skills something serious on here. He's not outboxing Maidana at all. If he couldn't outbox Cano, he's not out-boxing Chino. Chino has better power, more relentless, and doesn't gas the way Cano does in fights. He might look lost for a couple rounds, but he'll eventually get to Paulie and start kicking his ass all over the place.

Paulie is nothing, but some jabs and lateral/circular movement. That's all he's ever had. He's used that to his advantage against guys who can't cut the ring off or have lower ring IQ's, but that's it. Why you think any time he's stepped up against elite skilled/talent fighter he gets shut out horribly with Broner being the only loss where he actually was competitive and won some rounds.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, Boxingtalk used to be the shyt back in the day (2002-2005). They used to have some real good interviews and nikkas used to really go off in them joints, but yeah Breadman definitely keeps them alive as of now. I don't agree with everything he says, but he's usually on point with his views about 95% of the time.

As far as that site falling off, I think it was a number of factors that helped to contribute to their current state.

1. Greg Leon posting that article about Mayweather's financial troubles (I believe it was some IRS related shyt that Floyd eventually took care of anyway) at the time which caused them to fall out even though them nikkas were breaking all sorts of news regarding boxer's problems.

2. They got rid of the message board which brought in some good traffic. Yeah you had some racists (what place doesn't) but you had some knowledgeable dudes over their too.

3. They started charging nikkas for their exclusive content. This was prolly one of the biggest reasons why they fell off. Mad people got turned off after that shyt since they used to have so much piff for free. If you gon charge you gotta do that from the beginning. You can't get nikkas hooked and then start charging out of nowhere. Especially when you have a basic ass layout and struggle writers. Maxboxing was way more professional with their style and was doing the same thing.

4. Greg basically getting the big head and trying to do too much with all that advisor shyt.

no, it was more than that. Leon told a story about how Floyd got played for nearly all of his earnings. He said it was a guy that Floyd betrusted to flip some paper for him and the guy made off with about $30 mil and hasnt been seen since. This story is to substantiate why Floyd couldnt pay his taxes and had to come out of retirement and nearly signed with Don King. there is some truth to the story as some of my people in Vegas had told me the shyt before Leon even mentioned it. Then Leon basically tried to punk Floyd and say that if what he reported was libel then why doesnt he bring up a lawsuit about it. Floyd never responded. Smart move. Seems like Leon wanted to make a career from that and it ended up fading away and basically being forgotten. I will post it up here in a few after I find it.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Broner is gonna have to spar with somebody like a Jesus Soto-Karass in order to get use to the size and power Maidana has over him. I wasnt impressed with Maidana's hand speed, defense, or movement. He does have great power however and throws awkward punches from weird angles like that punch in the 2nd round that dropped AB.

Broner cannot attempt to walk him down again, because that's stupid, and plays right into Maidana's strengths. He cant let Maidana wrestle him either, because Maidana is naturally the bigger/stronger man, and will wear him down.

His gonna have to fight him like Floyd fought Baldomir, SRL fought Duran, Bradley fought JMM......he's gonna have to use his boxing skills in order to win.

Funny thing this time though, I think BRONER is the one more motivated for the fight while Maidana is kinda feeling a let down, because he thought this victory would lead to a Mayweather showdown. If a motivated Broner shows up ready to box, it may be a different story.

Haters will say he ran like those other guys but is what it is

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
no, it was more than that. Leon told a story about how Floyd got played for nearly all of his earnings. He said it was a guy that Floyd betrusted to flip some paper for him and the guy made off with about $30 mil and hasnt been seen since. This story is to substantiate why Floyd couldnt pay his taxes and had to come out of retirement and nearly signed with Don King. there is some truth to the story as some of my people in Vegas had told me the shyt before Leon even mentioned it. Then Leon basically tried to punk Floyd and say that if what he reported was libel then why doesnt he bring up a lawsuit about it. Floyd never responded. Smart move. Seems like Leon wanted to make a career from that and it ended up fading away and basically being forgotten. I will post it up here in a few after I find it.

My bad. I couldn't remember it exactly since it happened so long ago. Leon was getting to gossipy with a lot of his news during that time which was short sighted in the long run since everybody was already loving all of the interviews and consistent updates.

I still feel that the other factors sped there downfall up as well.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Broner actually had success walking Maidana down. The thing is he wasn't setting his shots up enough with jabs an feints so after a while Chino knew what punches were coming and slipped/blocked them.

Broner fought Maidana like how some nikkas play Fight Night. He stood in front of dude only looking for counters and power shots. Yeah it worked in spots, but it won't for the long haul if you don't throw any variations into it.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Haters will say he ran like those other guys but is what it is

Yeah, but being that he can still make 135 while going against a strong WW, he cant walk him down like he like to do or stand flat footed infront of him without going to the head and body

He's gonna have to have the stamina to go 20 rounds if need be.......he gonna have to be on his toes like prime Ali:heh:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You gotta factor in it's always different in the ring. You watch a guy like Maidana, he just doesn't seem impressive at all. You get into the ring with him & than you find out he was much better than you thought he was. Guys like that tend to get underrated. You can't let that get in the way of predictions.

However, if your suppose to be that niigga, you shouldn't be losing to a guy like Maidana.

Paulie is so average. A guy like him is not outboxing the shiit out of anyone. We're talking about a guy that got a gift from Ngoudjo & many felt he lost that 2nd fight to Ndou, who was crude as hell.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My bad. I couldn't remember it exactly since it happened so long ago. Leon was getting to gossipy with a lot of his news during that time which was short sighted in the long run since everybody was already loving all of the interviews and consistent updates.

I still feel that the other factors sped there downfall up as well.

yes, there wasnt just one thing. it was a lot of things as you mentioned. especially the advisor shyt. also I remember when somebody died, cant remember who. and they were like "remember where u heard it first"
bGWPnkj.png

but the Mayweather shyt backfired. he basically printed a defamatory story and challenged Floyd to refute it. I think thats when he crossed a line from responsible journalism (and I studied Print Journalism in college) to tabloid.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
yes, there wasnt just one thing. it was a lot of things as you mentioned. especially the advisor shyt. also I remember when somebody died, cant remember who. and they were like "remember where u heard it first"
bGWPnkj.png

but the Mayweather shyt backfired. he basically printed a defamatory story and challenged Floyd to refute it. I think thats when he crossed a line from responsible journalism (and I studied Print Journalism in college) to tabloid.

leon was an instigator for the right reasons at times? did you peep the tyson/shelley finkle shyt? that was WOW ..
the tyson/james toney/tarver shyt was Ill.

yo btalk forum during 01--06 was the shyt.