Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I wish the young brotha luck.........

Stafford is an amateur coach who teaches a great amateur style, but he will not have a gameplan for Maidana. I see the same fight occurring again, with Broner taking the fight more serious and getting off more punches thus making it closer. However, this time who knows what fight the judges will be watching :ld:

Maidana will land the more effective shots, Broner will look to "outhustle" Maidana. In a war of attrition, I'd put my my money on Broner, but he's gonna be throwing more than he's used to, he'll be fighting Maidana's pace, which of course favors Marcos Maidana.

115-113 Maidana. Broner tastes the canvas at least once. Maidana might as well. It will be entertaining, it will be fun, but I think Broner loses again, this time either MD or SD.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish the young brotha luck.........

Stafford is an amateur coach who teaches a great amateur style, but he will not have a gameplan for Maidana. I see the same fight occurring again, with Broner taking the fight more serious and getting off more punches thus making it closer. However, this time who knows what fight the judges will be watching :ld:

Maidana will land the more effective shots, Broner will look to "outhustle" Maidana. In a war of attrition, I'd put my my money on Broner, but he's gonna be throwing more than he's used to, he'll be fighting Maidana's pace, which of course favors Marcos Maidana.

115-113 Maidana. Broner tastes the canvas at least once. Maidana might as well. It will be entertaining, it will be fun, but I think Broner loses again, this time either MD or SD.

Why bash Stafford when it's Broner that wants to fight like Mayweather?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Why bash Stafford when it's Broner that wants to fight like Mayweather?
As a coach it's my job to make sure the fighter knows the game plan and executes. If I let the fighter do what he wants, that's my fault for being spineless. It's my way or :camby: and go get another coach, THAT's my problem with Stafford. And yes, he's a great amateur coach. He's had no real success as a professional trainer for a reason, he lacks intangibles. I don't like his pad work either, but hell, I don't like a LOT of pad work from trainers now-a-days, it's all flash no substance. More than anything else it's a mindset of making sure you as the coach are the most respected man in the fighter's world.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

He dont have a choice......Adrien Broner brings in more viewers and makes more money for Al Haymon/GBP/Showtime than Maidana does:manny:

Broner did not have a rematch clause though, so I dont know how he's using his option for a rematch. Schaefer is pretty much forcing Maidana to take this fight:heh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I only check for Breadman now, because he really knows boxing.

Leon ruined the site with his beef with Mayweather and his "advisor" role. shyt's dead now:dead:

Man, Boxingtalk used to be the shyt back in the day (2002-2005). They used to have some real good interviews and nikkas used to really go off in them joints, but yeah Breadman definitely keeps them alive as of now. I don't agree with everything he says, but he's usually on point with his views about 95% of the time.

As far as that site falling off, I think it was a number of factors that helped to contribute to their current state.

1. Greg Leon posting that article about Mayweather's financial troubles (I believe it was some IRS related shyt that Floyd eventually took care of anyway) at the time which caused them to fall out even though them nikkas were breaking all sorts of news regarding boxer's problems.

2. They got rid of the message board which brought in some good traffic. Yeah you had some racists (what place doesn't) but you had some knowledgeable dudes over their too.

3. They started charging nikkas for their exclusive content. This was prolly one of the biggest reasons why they fell off. Mad people got turned off after that shyt since they used to have so much piff for free. If you gon charge you gotta do that from the beginning. You can't get nikkas hooked and then start charging out of nowhere. Especially when you have a basic ass layout and struggle writers. Maxboxing was way more professional with their style and was doing the same thing.

4. Greg basically getting the big head and trying to do too much with all that advisor shyt.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Schaefer saying that they might do Carlos Molina vs. Jermall (not Jermell) Charlo. Charlo looks like a nice talent to me. Great jab and serious power. I'd be reluctant to give him Molina as his first big step up though. Molina is a big time spoiler not to mention he's extremely dirty.

Just based on talent though, I'd still take Charlo

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
dangerous fight for #BandCamp again AB better take this shyt seriously or he will get his top blown off

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Pac-Man calls Mayweather a coward, talks trilogy and giving the fans what they want
By James Slater | Published January 10, 2014 | 149 Comments

Superstar Manny Pacquiao was speaking on the radio in his native Manila last night, talking with The Manila Times via DZAR Sunshine Radio, and the southpaw dynamo launched the most aggressive verbal assault yet on would-be ring rival Floyd Mayweather Junior.

Usually, Pacquiao is a reserved individual, refusing to speak negatively about any of his opponents, past, present or future – yet yesterday, possibly as a result of Mayweather’s recent and childishly delivered insults at his expense, Pac-Man gave Mayweather some of his own medicine.

“[Mayweather] is just a coward, insecure and envious of my accomplishments,” Pacquiao said. “I don’t like to bite [at] his gimmicks and I just want to understand him, although it’s too much. But I’m really thankful that he remembers me in some ways.”

Pacquiao also commented on Mayweather’s position that the fight the whole world wants to see cannot take place as long as Pac-Man is promoted by Bob Arum and Top Rank.

“Top Rank already allowed us to directly negotiate with them [Team Mayweather] before but they never communicated with us,” Pacquiao stated. “Mayweather Junior is saying a lot of negative things against me but he doesn’t like to fight. We will consider everything but until now, they don’t like the fight. At the same time, people are saying the fight between us needs a trilogy, but how can it be possible if he’s not going to fight me first?”

So there it is, Pacquiao wants the fight, in fact three fights (should the first meeting be won by Pacquiao or be controversial or be a thriller worthy of a sequel and then even a third meeting) and he has called Mayweather a coward for not agreeing to face him. Okay, Pacquiao must shoulder some of the blame for this mega-fight not having taken place by now, but the demands Floyd has made and continues to make are so old at this point.

Mayweather says a Pacquiao fight would be easy work for him, so why doesn’t he just stop all the fooling and open new talks with the only fighter out there this side of 154-pounds who is a very real threat to him? Maybe that’s just it: Mayweather knows Pacquiao is a very real threat to him!

Boxing fans have missed out on this potential classic for far too long and just imagine how terrific it would be if – ala Ali-Frazier, Barrera-Morales, Leonard-Duran and other great trilogies too many to mention – the two best welterweights on the planet did give us three great, massive and globally significant fights!

Let’s see what, if anything, Floyd does when he hears about Manny calling him a coward.

Read more at http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2014/...-the-fans-what-they-want/#g0sKQUptzmy8J6ir.99

@Black_Jesus :lupe:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Props to Broner for stepping right back in the ring against Chino. Anxious to see how he responds after his loss. This could be a make or break fight for Broner.

He could either be Sugar Ray Leonard or Sugar Shane Mosley

if he loses, he wont be SSM. Shane still headed to the HOF likely and has an edge over AB as it stands right now until AB beats some more fighters. SSM didnt beat the best comp, but his win over Margarito is bigger than anything Broner has done...and at an advanced age. Not that Margs was all that but he was a legit big WW. Shane defended against the likes of Raul Marquez who is equivalent to Maidana of today....as is Antonio Diaz, James Leija, etc.

as for the fight. I love it. its what I said his only true option was. hopefully the fight comes off because I dont know if Chino wants it right now. really....all Broner has to do is move his damn feet this time. if he steps up his activity rate, then he definitely would take it. I think people have to realize, the fight wouldve been different had he not been hurt so early. because of that, he was on spaghetti legs all night. of course, thats the issue. he has to avoid getting hurt early in the fight. again, he has to move his damn hands and feet this time....and some head movement wouldnt hurt either.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I picked Broner to beat Maidana the last time, and I'll pick him again for the rematch although I'm not as confident as before. I think Maidana starting off so fast is what really threw him off the most. shyt took him by surprise and he got hurt before he could adjust and then it was all downhill from there. He kept it competitive though and won some rounds, but ultimately dug a hole too deep for him to climb out an ended up losing clearly.

If he jabs and use the ring more he'd win a rematch. Maidana is like a poor man's Mayorga and nowhere near the boxing puzzle that Broner made him look like in the 1st fight.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
if he loses, he wont be SSM. Shane still headed to the HOF likely and has an edge over AB as it stands right now until AB beats some more fighters. SSM didnt beat the best comp, but his win over Margarito is bigger than anything Broner has done...and at an advanced age. Not that Margs was all that but he was a legit big WW. Shane defended against the likes of Raul Marquez who is equivalent to Maidana of today....as is Antonio Diaz, James Leija, etc.
Of course Mosley is still a HOF'er and had his moments afterwards. Reason why I brought up Shane was because it was evident that (while still a good fighter) those losses against Vernon Forrest took alot out of him. He was never quite the same guy afterwards.

That could potentially be Broner. If he loses again to Chino, he might never be the same again :manny: