Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Like Rocky Balboa :troll:

I know. The IBHOF is stupid:snoop:

You should be one of the most dominant fighters of your era in order to get in, but they run it all wrong. I wouldnt be surprised to see John Ruiz inducted in there one day:dead:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was and still is.

He's never beaten a prime elite fighter and is not a boxing great......so he shouldnt even be considered for the boxing HOF.

Dude is 1-2 in his last 3 fights, had to beat an ESPN fighter in order to get back in the win column, and is about to lose to Sergio as well which is gonna put him at 1-3 in his last 4 fights and 5-5 in his last 10 fights:camby:

Boxing HOF is stupid though. They put Gatti in, so I know Cotto has a chance:snoop:

The HOF should be filled with to only legends and greats of the sport

I have HOF arguments all the time with people. Mostly about the NBA. Boxing is probably more watered down than any other HOF though. My beliefs and rationale are not how I personally feel about particular fighters but how I think they will ultimately be inducted.

Like you said, Gatti got in, so Cotto will get in. You have to look at it like this. If Cotto were black, he'd have a harder time getting in. The fact that he is one of the most popular P.R. fighter, perhaps the most popular behind Tito almost guarantees he gets in because the operative word is "FAME". He lost to Floyd and Manny, but in doing so, he was the 3rd highest grossing fighter behind them for at least one year.

His career is a lot of fluff due to oversaturation of titles, but its that fluff that ultimately will see him in. He won titles in 3 divisions and several of the fighters he beat went on to win their first titles after losing to him. Even Judah past his prime won another title at 140. By the same token though....guys like Pinto and Abdulaev not turning out to be better than what they were takes points away from Cotto. Still, he has done enough from a fame perspective even if not from a boxing perspective to get in.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know. The IBHOF is stupid:snoop:

You should be one of the most dominant fighters of your era in order to get in, but they run it all wrong. I wouldnt be surprised to see John Ruiz inducted in there one day:dead:

Ruiz could possibly get in too but it would be tougher than Cotto. His best case is because he held a portion of the HW title twice. The HW title has been overrated for quite some time though. Had Holyfield been able to regain the title, that wouldve helped his cause. Being the first P.R. to win the HW title is the selling point. He just doesnt belong in the HOF though.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was and still is.

He's never beaten a prime elite fighter and is not a boxing great......so he shouldnt even be considered for the boxing HOF.

Dude is 1-2 in his last 3 fights, had to beat an ESPN fighter in order to get back in the win column, and is about to lose to Sergio as well which is gonna put him at 1-3 in his last 4 fights and 5-5 in his last 10 fights:camby:

Boxing HOF is stupid though. They put Gatti in, so I know Cotto has a chance:snoop:

The HOF should be filled with to only legends and greats of the sport

actually, Cory Spinks has as much claim to the HOF as Cotto. Cotto fought and beat better opposition, but...Spinks did become the undisputed and lineal WW champ. Cotto never won a lineal title. We were talking about who Floyd has beaten....he has managed to win linear titles in 3 divisions. A good measure of how good a fighter is, if they have won lineal titles. There are exceptions such as Baldomir and Briggs, but most time it holds true. Being that Cotto never won one, that should tell you that he is not a true HOF caliber fighter right there.

sn:
if Cotto beats Martinez he would def be in the HOF....and deservedly so because he would be the Lineal MW champ.....and its a true lineage going back to Nunn. (then Floyd can take that title from him :gladbron:)

Last edited:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
I feel a hook coming.....

tumblr_myljloA5Dy1qjpqono1_400.gif

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Aight.......Provodnikov you can hide behind the Berlin Wall, so no worries there. Garcia, well you're quick to back down, so no worries there. Matthysse.......you already know your avi would be replaced, keep thinking Lucas ain't a problem solver.....better pray nightly that fight never happens :shaq:

Did you forget what happened last time you made an avi bet on Matthysse?

:shaq:
2883885.jpg

:shaq:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
AB will be fighting Malignaggi again.....watch:heh:

Malignaggi doesnt have as many options as he thinks he has and doesnt wanna get in there with Keith Thurman. If Garcia doesnt accept the fight with him, I can see AB vs Paulie happening again:russ:

:yes: and it's gonna take place at the Barclays again and this time I'm buying ringside seats
The things I'm gonna say to Paulette :wow:

What's up with that rematch :birdman:

Pick an upcoming fight...

Ortiz vs Collazo. I've got Ortiz.
Gonna pick out a real @Tuaminator friendly avi for you :shaq: