Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
How'd I know @ChocolateGiddyUp was gonna take a jab at Cotto :dead: shot never fails.

It's all good though. The way he feels about Cotto is the same way I feel about Cintron :yeshrug:

I thought Cintron was next to blow up:ohlawd:

He looked the part, had the power and threw beautiful combinations with Manny in his corner. Then....the 2 losses to Margs, the "quit" against Sergio, and the superman dive out the ring against Paul Williams:rudy:

I had to shake my head in disgust and threw him the bushes:camby:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

He looked the part, had the power and threw beautiful combinations with Manny in his corner. Then....the 2 losses to Margs, the "quit" against Sergio, and the superman dive out the ring against Paul Williams:rudy:

I never liked Cintron to begin with. He was dead to me after he lossed. He's been in my bushes ever since. And his fight with Sergio put him in fukkboy status.

That is one hype job I can proudly say I never fell for lol

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Swift and Matthysse yeah....Prov...dont think so.
Roach would have Provodnikov eating Rios and Maidana's food.........

i7GZhjOADmBXE.gif

just LOOK at this fukker :merchant:

He ain't the same dude, he would dismantle Rios something nasty, but a Maidana fight would be guaranteed FOTY before the weigh-in...but he still wins...

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

steward liked Cintron because he was physically similar to Hearns. he tried to mold him in that image but Cintron wasnt willing to stay with Emanuel through ups and downs and continue to work. now I aint sayin he was gonna be another Hearns...but he wouldve been slightly better than he was had he worked more on his craft. he was another mentally weak fighter though.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They all get hyped to the moon for no other apparent reason except that their Puerto Rican, as if their egos aren't big enough...

Most are hype jobs and the ones that due have success aren't great boxers to begin with. Usually can't take a punch or a good boxer to save their careers but hit hard and are flashy so they automatically get press. I'm not discounting every PR fighter in history, nor any recent ones with successful runs, but there's some critical problems with their boxing.

And Danny is American, not Puerto Rican. Fool can't even speak español :ufdup:

Marketing. Because of the huge fan base, whether from the islands or the continental U.S. compatriots. Tito wasnt a hype job but they tried to build Cotto off of Tito's back. I hated Cotto when he was undefeated because they were saying he was the next great P.R. and was gonna fill Tito shoes. I thought he was way too hyped. Corley shouldve stopped him but he was bullshytting...like he didnt mean to hurt him and had a check in the mail. Juanma was disgustingly overhyped as well.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Marketing. Because of the huge fan base, whether from the islands or the continental U.S. compatriots. Tito wasnt a hype job but they tried to build Cotto off of Tito's back. I hated Cotto when he was undefeated because they were saying he was the next great P.R. and was gonna fill Tito shoes. I thought he was way too hyped. Corley shouldve stopped him but he was bullshytting...like he didnt mean to hurt him and had a check in the mail. Juanma was disgustingly overhyped as well.

He was and still is.

He's never beaten a prime elite fighter and is not a boxing great......so he shouldnt even be considered for the boxing HOF.

Dude is 1-2 in his last 3 fights, had to beat an ESPN fighter in order to get back in the win column, and is about to lose to Sergio as well which is gonna put him at 1-3 in his last 4 fights and 5-5 in his last 10 fights:camby:

Boxing HOF is stupid though. They put Gatti in, so I know Cotto has a chance:snoop:

The HOF should be filled with to only legends and greats of the sport

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
He was and still is.

He's never beaten a prime elite fighter and is not a boxing great......so he shouldnt even be considered for the boxing HOF.

Dude is 1-2 in his last 3 fights, had to beat an ESPN fighter in order to get back in the win column, and is about to lose to Sergio as well which is gonna put him at 1-3 in his last 4 fights and 5-5 in his last 10 fights:camby:

Boxing HOF is stupid though. They put Gatti in, so I know Cotto has a chance:snoop:

The HOF should be filled with to only legends and greats of the sport
Like Rocky Balboa :troll: