Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
In your opinion: if Cotto and Hatton fought 6-7 years ago, how do you think that fight would have gone?

i assume we're talking about them at 140 right?

before Hatton ruined his punch resistance with his weight fluctuations he was a pretty durable guy so I can see him taking some shots and being outgunned early in the fight...if Hatton was allowed to do his usual mauling and cutting off the ring I can see him stopping Cotto late..cotto has been fading late in his fights for the longest and I'd think Hatton's tactics would empty cotto's tank by like rounds 8-9.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
At 140 Hatton wins
At 147 Cotto wins (only because he was a better fighter at that weight and his imposing style didn't change much)

Both good body punchers, but Hatton was tougher and never backed down unless you put him down and out. Cotto would have been roller skating around the ring once Kosta Tzyu hit him with that that right hand. Hatton also had way better footwork and could close the distance real quick. I also thought he was a lil quicker than Cotto too.

If you put both of Hatton's and Cotto's best qualities in a fighter on some Fight Night shyt, you'd come out with a real quality boxer.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Barely getting by Callazo isn't beasting friend.
First fight at a weight class is usually rough, even Floyd is not oblivious to this, stop reaching for life, Cotto was basically dead on his feet numerous times at 140 do you really want me to bother posting them bum nikkas:comeon:

Does a 140 Cotto manhandle Tyszu..........:stopitslime:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
First fight at a weight class is usually rough, even Floyd is not oblivious to this, stop reaching for life, Cotto was basically dead on his feet numerous times at 140 do you really want me to bother posting them bum nikkas:comeon:

Does a 140 Cotto manhandle Tyszu..........:stopitslime:

The :flabbynsick: version that Hatton fought? :yes:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
i assume we're talking about them at 140 right?

before Hatton ruined his punch resistance with his weight fluctuations he was a pretty durable guy so I can see him taking some shots and being outgunned early in the fight...if Hatton was allowed to do his usual mauling and cutting off the ring I can see him stopping Cotto late..cotto has been fading late in his fights for the longest and I'd think Hatton's tactics would empty cotto's tank by like rounds 8-9.
5-6 Cotto was known for his mid round breaks, Cotto wouldnt know what to do with the footwork, Ricky's foot speed was rare

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Fighting in England? Ricky Hatton winner via mauling by the 10th round

Fighting in US? Ricky Hatton winner via Split Decision after Cotto gasses out and gets on his bike starting in the 8th Round

Over in England, they allowed Hatton to get away with a LOT of shyt:heh: He absolutely mauled Kostya Tszyu over there. That Hatton would always beat Cotto imo

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Did KT show any decline beforehand, funny how yall reach and call someone shot after one fight, to spew agendas

Exactly
Let's forget that Shramba Mitchell who was thought to be the 2nd best in the division just got obliterated in their rematch beforehand.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15879.html
"Not to throw dirt on him, but that very night, you look at the difference between how Keith Thurman reacted to early adversity and how Adrien Broner did. Both of them got hit hard early. Thurman was able to shake it off, figure out a way past it, and win, and Broner wasn't," stated Showtime commentator Al Bernstein, who shared his thoughts on Adrien Broner's upset loss to Marcos Maidana and what the future may hold for the former welterweight champion. According to Bernstein, Broner can bounce back, but only if he realizes that he's not quite ready to compete with the naturally bigger fighters in both the welterweight and the jr. welterweight divisions.

"Now Broner is in an interesting situation because his problem...his big problem... one of his problems is I think he is fighting 2 weight classes too high at 147. At 135, he was able to beat those fighters with his power; even though he didn't throw a lot of punches, he was able to beat them with power. He was physically a little stronger than them. He could fight tall and not get hit with a lot of punches," Bernstein explained during a recent interview with FightHype's Percy Crawford. "But at either 140 or 147, in my opinion, he's gonna be facing monstrous punchers who are a little bit bigger and I think for Adrien Broner, it was absolutely essential if he wants to put his career back on track, he needs to get himself back down to 135. He only had a couple of fights at 135. He moved up from 130. He should be able to get to 135 because he's physically not that big, and see what he can do at that weight division. I'm not optimistic for Adrien Broner at 140 or 147."

Wow :ohhh:

First time I've heard some saying they didn't even like his chances at 140........ @Newzz agree or disagree?

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Fighting in US? Ricky Hatton winner via Split Decision after Cotto gasses out and gets on his bike starting in the 8th Round

Over in England, they allowed Hatton to get away with a LOT of shyt:heh: He absolutely mauled Kostya Tszyu over there. That Hatton would always beat Cotto imo

KT fought rough too. Look at the 1st Mitchell fight. Against Hatton he ran into somebody younger and stronger who did that shyt better, but yeah Hatton did get away with some rough shyt though. I won't deny that. It's just nikkas act like Kosta was some type of boxing saint.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
hatton was serviceable at 140..at 147 hatton faltered for various reasons

Serviceable and "beasting" are two different things breh :mjpls:

I literally just typed that the ref job was terrible for that fight. :dead: