Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like somebody I know.........

3fe41874fc8d51b4f194e90f301bb754-getty-82552102mw044_oscar_de_la_h.jpg

:mjpls:

DLH never won a big fight against a top fighter who was in their prime:gladbron:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I actually thought Hatton would have been in that spoiler picture. :russ: (Although I feel he's HOF worthy as well)
He's another one. Just like the guy in the spoiler, only one possible A list win on their resume.......but I guess anything can be argued :ld:

SuikodenII

Daps
Pure hate................................................. Tito, Swift............:wow:

Dirty Mexican ass nikka:stopitslime:
I need your top 5 at 122 to reflect the Martinez/Mathebula outcome. Afterwards, I'll have everything complete and post up the official coli rankings...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
-Champion in 3 weight divisions (possible 4th with upcoming bout)

-Very high draw in boxing...this means a lot in the voting process, which confuses me as to why Prince Hamed isn't already in......

-Classic/memorable bouts against the likes of Manny Pacquiao (future HOF), Floyd Mayweather (future HOF), Shane Mosley (future HOF), Antonio Margarito (x2), Zab Judah, Alfonso Gomez (I've never seen him destroy someone like this before nor after...Gomez was on the come up too :wow:), Yuri Foreman (hey, I thought Foreman was formidable but Cotto proved he was a level above, even after Pac-man ate his soul), Austin Trout (I'd favor Cotto in a rematch).

-For the record, I don't like any Puerto Rican fighters (hated Tito too), but he gets his due. The most prominent and successful PR fighter since Tito, and unfortunately, will be holding that stigma for quite some time as the PR landscape doesn't look all too promising :to:

This is new information..why don't you like any PR fighters breh? :ohhh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Oscar's resume is what happens when you fight everybody out there regardless if they favor your style or not which is the old school way of doing things. Say what you want about that cross dressing singing ass nikka, he always gave you the big fight you wanted to see each year. After Manny retired him, no superstar has been able to keep that alive.

I thought he beat Sweet Pea, Quartey, Mosley rematch, and Tito, but he only got credit for 2 out of those 4 big fights and everybody thinks he got a gift even though they were close fights that could have gone either way depending on how you prefer to score fights.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Do you think AB should stay at 147 though?? I personally dont think built 4 it (YET) and not because Maidana whooped his ass... why was he in such a hurry to move up in weight?.. especially since he wasn't trying to fight Floyd....

147 is where the money is thats why..the problem is if Broner doesn't tweak his fighting style he will receive more ass whippings of the same

SuikodenII

Daps
This is new information..why don't you like any PR fighters breh? :ohhh:
They all get hyped to the moon for no other apparent reason except that their Puerto Rican, as if their egos aren't big enough...

Most are hype jobs and the ones that due have success aren't great boxers to begin with. Usually can't take a punch or a good boxer to save their careers but hit hard and are flashy so they automatically get press. I'm not discounting every PR fighter in history, nor any recent ones with successful runs, but there's some critical problems with their boxing.

And Danny is American, not Puerto Rican. Fool can't even speak español :ufdup:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
For the record, I don't like any Puerto Rican fighters (hated Tito too), but he gets his due. The most prominent and successful PR fighter since Tito, and unfortunately, will be holding that stigma for quite some time as the PR landscape doesn't look all too promising :to:

You're my dude, but.....

:pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
They all get hyped to the moon for no other apparent reason except that their Puerto Rican, as if their egos aren't big enough...

Most are hype jobs and the ones that due have success aren't great boxers to begin with. Usually can't take a punch or a good boxer to save their careers but hit hard and are flashy so they automatically get press. I'm not discounting every PR fighter in history, nor any recent ones with successful runs, but there's some critical problems with their boxing.

And Danny is American, not Puerto Rican. Fool can't even speak español :ufdup:

I can't front on this post. Whole lot of hard truth in there. Was always a big Tito fan though, but yeah this post is the same reason I was Cotto's hardest critic when he was coming up. Same reason why I thought JunaMa was a highlight ko waiting to happen.

SuikodenII

Daps
Oscar's resume is what happens when you fight everybody out there regardless if they favor your style or not which is the old school way of doing things. Say what you want about that cross dressing singing ass nikka, he always gave you the big fight you wanted to see each year. After Manny retired him, no superstar has been able to keep that alive.

I thought he beat Sweet Pea, Quartey, Mosley rematch, and Tito, but he only got credit for 2 out of those 4 big fights and everybody thinks he got a gift even though they were close fights that could have gone either way depending on how you prefer to score fights.
I wasn't aware he fought Winky Wright........