Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I wasn't aware he fought Winky Wright........

I wasn't aware that Winky was a mega fight that everyone wanted to see either. :heh:

Nobody in boxing fights everyone. I won't shyt on Oscar for not fighting Winky or Forrest (before you bring him up next)

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I wasn't aware that Winky was a mega fight that everyone wanted to see either. :heh:

Nobody in boxing fights everyone. I won't shyt on Oscar for not fighting Winky or Forrest (before you bring him up next)
Forrest no, but Winky........yeah I'ma give him lil shyt for that but knowing Winky's dumb ass he probably priced himself out or made demands when he's the one being fed :snoop:

Word to the wise in boxing, if a MAJOR DRAW is about to feed you buffet style, don't complain about the seasoning, eat that shyt and shut up.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Do you think AB should stay at 147 though?? I personally dont think built 4 it (YET) and not because Maidana whooped his ass... why was he in such a hurry to move up in weight?.. especially since he wasn't trying to fight Floyd....

Because, that's where the money is....even though he made 1.5 million against Gavin Rees on Showtime:manny:

I mainly think it was because he wanted to snatch that title up off Paulie Malignaggi before somebody else did it:heh:

It made him a 3x champ in 3 different divisions, and honestly, fighting Paulie is easier than fighting Garcia who was the champ at 140. Once Garcia moves up, AB will go try and acquire the 140 belt as well, and make himself a 4 division champ.

I expect AB to fight at 140 for the next few years.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
plus after cotto vs marg 2, cotto said he hit the same.
:stopitslime:
Asked about Margarito's punching power, Cotto was dismissive.

"I'm still awake, that's my answer," he said. "After nine, 10 rounds, I was on my feet."

had no idea so many ppl here had this obsession over margarito
man is a dirty cheat and a disgrace to boxing but to each his own:yeshrug:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Forrest no, but Winky........yeah I'ma give him lil shyt for that but knowing Winky's dumb ass he probably priced himself out or made demands when he's the one being fed :snoop:

Word to the wise in boxing, if a MAJOR DRAW is about to feed you buffet style, don't complain about the seasoning, eat that shyt and shut up.

Winky/Oscar not happening looked a lil bad at the time, but fast forward to when Winky turned down a career high payday for the Taylor rematch and I can't hold it against Oscar for that shyt not happening.

Some dudes will just do anything to not make a big fight happen and Winky seemed like he was just one of those type of guys.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
And for the record, I was never one of those that was hyping Cotto up to the moon. I always liked him and thought he was very good. But I wasn't one of those people saying he could take out Mayweather like a lot of people I knew were.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I do feel however that Verdejo will live up to the hype though :blessed:

I hope :sadcam:
Well he's a light weight which helps his chances since the weight class itself lacks leadership...we'll just have to wait and see....

You also have Jonathan "stay in shape for what?" Gonzalez fighting this month on ESPN2

There's also Jayson Velez........believe it or not, they were trying to throw him in against Fernando Montiel.......Montiel rejected what he called an "insulting" offer, but had he accepted, down goes another prospect

Luis Del Valle showed a lot of squabbles against Vic Darchinyan, I like him

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I never had any issue with Cotto coming up except I thought he hid a suspect chin..he got in my good graces when he gave Paulie the worst beating of his career and broke bones in his face :steviej:..dude though got poor sportsmanship lol

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I never had any issue with Cotto coming up except I thought he hid a suspect chin..he got in my good graces when he gave Paulie the worst beating of his career and broke bones in his face :steviej:..dude though got poor sportsmanship lol
In your opinion: if Cotto and Hatton fought 6-7 years ago, how do you think that fight would have gone?