Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Miguel Cotto is overrated. Yall Cotto apologists need to realize that he was saved in Cotto vs Margarito 2.

Secondly, if Margs didn't have any power or wasn't doing any damage to fighters prior to him using loaded wraps in the first Cotto fight, why did he beat the hellout of and knock Kermit Cintron the fukk out........twice?

How did he almost knock Sebastian Lujan's ear off in the match?

Why did he knock Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez the fukk out?

Why was Manny Pacquiao laid up in the hospital for about 3 days after their fight?

Why did all this happen if Margs had no power or wasn't doing anything without loaded wraps?:comeon:

Cotto is wack:camby:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I fukking hate Miguel Cotto. The media calls this clown a future HOFer.....how? I do not see it all.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea his wife is fine.. i remember the pictures from before lara schooled him

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I fukking hate Miguel Cotto. The media calls this clown a future HOFer.....how? I do not see it all.

Nah breh. Cotto is definitely a HOFer. Don't let the hate cloud your objectivity like a lot of these nikkas here do. You better than that.

My thing with Cotto/Margarito is that hardly anybody ever wants to acknowledge that Margarito is just a bad match up for Cotto and that he fought the wrong type of fight the first time around.

Antonio fights everybody the same exact way with varying degrees of success. Some nikkas just deal with his pressure differently though. Cotto has been busted up before and has been made to run around late in fights, but cats forget about that and focused on Margarito being slow as shyt sliding down a wall, plodding, late starter, and struggle defense. Only thing cats wanna give him props for is his chin. They ignore his ability to cut off the ring, inside fighting, relentless pressure, and decent power. nikkas act like Margarito wasn't getting his licks in too. The body shots and close uppercuts kept Cotto from staying on the inside even though he was a great body puncher himself. Antonio was just the tougher boxer in that fight period and sometimes toughness will get you further than any skill will ever do in certain match ups.

But, hey it is what it is. I don't try to change nikkas views on here. I know what I know and believe in my own eyes so :manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Nah breh. Cotto is definitely a HOFer. Don't let the hate cloud your objectivity like a lot of these nikkas here do. You better than that.

My thing with Cotto/Margarito is that hardly anybody ever wants to acknowledge that Margarito is just a bad match up for Cotto and that he fought the wrong type of fight the first time around.

Antonio fights everybody the same exact way with varying degrees of success. Some nikkas just deal with his pressure differently though. Cotto has been busted up before and has been made to run around late in fights, but cats forget about that and focused on Margarito being slow as shyt sliding down a wall, plodding, late starter, and struggle defense. Only thing cats wanna give him props for is his chin. They ignore his ability to cut off the ring, inside fighting, relentless pressure, and decent power. nikkas act like Margarito wasn't getting his licks in too. The body shots and close uppercuts kept Cotto from staying on the inside even though he was a great body puncher himself. Antonio was just the tougher boxer in that fight period and sometimes toughness will get you further than any skill will ever do in certain match ups.

But, hey it is what it is. I don't try to change nikkas views on here. I know what I know and believe in my own eyes so :manny:

I agree with your analysis. I just don't see how Cottos HOF talent though. Its like, who has he beaten? Mosley, Judah, and whom? He doesn't have a HOF resume and hes always been overrated to me. Cotto at his best couldnt beat Danny Garcia imo:manny:
He's about to lose to Sergio which will have him 1-3 in his last 4 fights:snoop:

I'm just a Cotto hater brehs.....sorry:to:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Miguel Cotto is overrated. Yall Cotto apologists need to realize that he was saved in Cotto vs Margarito 2.

Secondly, if Margs didn't have any power or wasn't doing any damage to fighters prior to him using loaded wraps in the first Cotto fight, why did he beat the hellout of and knock Kermit Cintron the fukk out........twice?

Why was Manny Pacquiao laid up in the hospital for about 3 days after their fight?

Why did all this happen if Margs had no power or wasn't doing anything without loaded wraps?:comeon:

Commisions check wraps every fight stop reaching bytch nikka.........

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I agree with your analysis. I just don't see how Cottos HOF talent though. Its like, who has he beaten? Mosley, Judah, and whom? He doesn't have a HOF resume and hes always been overrated to me. Cotto at his best couldnt beat Danny Garcia imo:manny:
He's about to lose to Sergio which will have him 1-3 in his last 4 fights:snoop:

I'm just a Cotto hater brehs.....sorry:to:
Cotto may be overrated but Sergio is far far more overrated, Margarito can tell you that

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
-Champion in 3 weight divisions (possible 4th with upcoming bout)

-Very high draw in boxing...this means a lot in the voting process, which confuses me as to why Prince Hamed isn't already in......

-Classic/memorable bouts against the likes of Manny Pacquiao (future HOF), Floyd Mayweather (future HOF), Shane Mosley (future HOF), Antonio Margarito (x2), Zab Judah, Alfonso Gomez (I've never seen him destroy someone like this before nor after...Gomez was on the come up too :wow:), Yuri Foreman (hey, I thought Foreman was formidable but Cotto proved he was a level above, even after Pac-man ate his soul), Austin Trout (I'd favor Cotto in a rematch).

-For the record, I don't like any Puerto Rican fighters (hated Tito too), but he gets his due. The most prominent and successful PR fighter since Tito, and unfortunately, will be holding that stigma for quite some time as the PR landscape doesn't look all too promising :to:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I agree with your analysis. I just don't see how Cottos HOF talent though. Its like, who has he beaten? Mosley, Judah, and whom?

Cotto is one of them dudes that gets to the HOF because they dominated a bunch of C and B level guys. He only really faltered at the elite level (Pac, Floyd) or when the style match up didn't favor him(Trout, Margarito)
Take those fights off his record and he's beaten some real decent to good names even though he didn't always look perfect he'd win impressively (Judah, Corely fights for example) I still feel that Cotto has always been overrated, but I'll give him his due.

I can understand if you still hate dude though, but at least you being honest about where you stand. You got nikkas in here who will constantly shyt on certain fighters for no reason, but will turn around and say they not hating.

Sergio may be past it, but I still think he beats Cotto. This is another one of those bad style match ups. If Cotto struggled with Trout and got his faced fukked up from that light hitting dude, Imagine what happens when he gets hit with one of those big straight lefts. Yeah Murray was kicking his ass, but Cotto don't have his size, toughness, or defense.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Cotto is one of them dudes that gets to the HOF because they dominated a bunch of C and B level guys. He only really faltered at the elite level (Pac, Floyd) or when the style match up didn't favor him(Trout, Margarito)
Take those fights off his record and he's beaten some real decent to good names even though he didn't always look perfect he'd win impressively (Judah, Corely fights for example) I still feel that Cotto has always been overrated, but I'll give him his due.

I can understand if you still hate dude though, but at least you being honest about where you stand. You got nikkas in here who will constantly shyt on certain fighters for no reason, but will turn around and say they not hating.

Sergio may be past it, but I still think he beats Cotto. This is another one of those bad style match ups. If Cotto struggled with Trout and got his faced fukked up from that light hitting dude, Imagine what happens when he gets hit with one of those big straight lefts. Yeah Murray was kicking his ass, but Cotto don't have his size, toughness, or defense.
Sounds like somebody I know.........

3fe41874fc8d51b4f194e90f301bb754-getty-82552102mw044_oscar_de_la_h.jpg

:mjpls:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

plus after cotto vs marg 2, cotto said he hit the same.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
-Champion in 3 weight divisions (possible 4th with upcoming bout)

-Very high draw in boxing...this means a lot in the voting process, which confuses me as to why Prince Hamed isn't already in......

-Classic/memorable bouts against the likes of Manny Pacquiao (future HOF), Floyd Mayweather (future HOF), Shane Mosley (future HOF), Antonio Margarito (x2), Zab Judah, Alfonso Gomez (I've never seen him destroy someone like this before nor after...Gomez was on the come up too :wow:), Yuri Foreman (hey, I thought Foreman was formidable but Cotto proved he was a level above, even after Pac-man ate his soul), Austin Trout (I'd favor Cotto in a rematch).

-For the record, I don't like any Puerto Rican fighters (hated Tito too), but he gets his due. The most prominent and successful PR fighter since Tito, and unfortunately, will be holding that stigma for quite some time as the PR landscape doesn't look all too promising :to:
Pure hate................................................. Tito, Swift............:wow:

Dirty Mexican ass nikka:stopitslime: