Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
speaking of AB he's currently in hawaii with the wifey trying to forget what happened a couple weeks ago good for him....

cc8319da725f11e3908a0ed11deeeb05_8_zps63e470bd.jpg

5101269c726b11e39f54124bc5e839cb_8_zps679a1140.jpg

5bba5134728011e3b87c121d443e4ba6_8_zpse8ca92a7.jpg

33540196728911e3918f0ec9e00041e8_8_zps1ff0e1d9.jpg

:ehh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
nice article..im glad boxing in 2013 rebounded after the frustrating start it had

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73248#ixzz2pBk8uimm
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
By Francisco Salazar

2013 was a great year for boxing, wasn’t it?

Back and forth fights, knockouts, and upsets made 2013 one of the more memorable years in boxing.

Fight fans could not get enough of Bradley-Provodnikov, Rios-Alvarado II, and Segura-Marquez.

Then there the knockouts that had fight fans watching over and over on You Tube. Knockouts of Chad Dawson and Mike Dallas by Adonis Stevenson and Lucas Mathhysse respectively even created a buzz amongst those that casually watched the sport.

Not only did fight fans tune in to networks such as HBO, Showtime, and ESPN as in previous years, but boxing was boosted by the emergence of NBC Sports Network and Fox Sports.

Who could then forget “The One” weekend? The events that led up to the Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez fight was boxing’s version of the Super Bowl.

Then there were the robberies in boxing, such as Ricky Burns’ draw against Ray Beltran and Julio Cesar Chavez’s controversial victory over Bryan Vera.

To some, boxing could be summed up in three letters in 2013: GGG. Gennady Golovkin continued his winning ways by scoring highlight-reel knockouts of his opponents.

Throughout all corners of the world, whether it was a 12 round title fight or a four round bout with up and comers, 2013 was a big year in the sport.

Could 2014 measure up to or beat out what 2013 did in terms of viewership on television and attendance?

That remains to be seen. Matchmakers for Top Rank, Golden Boy, Lou DiBella, Banner, Goossen Tutor, Matchroom, etc. will have their work cut out for them.

There are already a few fight cards that have drawn the interest of fans and media. The Lucian Bute-Jean Pascal fight on January 18th is not only for bragging rights in Montreal, but it is also a compelling fight in a deep light heavyweight division.

One of the more talented fighters in boxing today, Miguel Angel “Mikey” Garcia is scheduled to return on January 25th against Juan Carlos Burgos in New York City.

Some of the biggest fighters in boxing are also scheduled to return to the ring in the first half of 2014. Alvarez is scheduled to return to the ring on March 8th, while Manny Pacquiao returns on April 12th.

Floyd Mayweather is scheduled to return on May 3rd, presumably against Amir Khan and there is a discussion of a bout between Sergio Martinez and Miguel Cotto in early June in the New York City area.

So signs are pointed to a great 2014, right?

As I pointed out, that depends on the matchmakers of the big promoters and what the networks are willing to buy.

Like most fight fans who are optimistic, I am hopeful big fights get made or at least, the best matchups stylistically are made.

For the time being, Top Rank and Golden Boy have given fight fans what they have wanted. That could be attributed to fighters within their companies facing one another or each doing business with Banner, Lou DiBella, or Goossen Tutor.

With the Cold War between the two promotional companies not thawing anytime soon, it is likely 2014 will be no different than 2013. Both companies will still make the best matchups within their company.

And that is great. Top Rank can do great fights between 140-147 pounds amongst Manny Pacquiao, Timothy Bradley, Brandon Rios, Mike Alvarado, Jesse Vargas, and Carlos Abregu.

The same could be said for Golden Boy in the same weight class with Floyd Mayweather, Danny Garcia, Lamont Peterson, Lucas Matthysse, Marcos Maidana, Adrien Broner, and Amir Khan.

Will there be a point in the future, maybe this year, that fight fans will pressure the promoters to push for the two companies to work together? Especially with the type of matchups that could be made between 140-147 pounds between the two companies.

That remains to be seen.

I have high praise and respect to the heads of both promotional companies: Bob Arum with his longevity and experience and Richard Scheafer, who promoted or was involved in some of boxing’s biggest events.

In the past, each has said they want to make fights for the fans or to fulfill the demand of fights fans want.

Could that happen this year? As I mentioned, that is unlikely to happen. But sooner or later, the voice of fight fans are going to grow louder and louder. As it should, fans spend their money on tickets, merchandise, and par per view. No one is telling them to do so, but then again, boxing is driven by those same fans.

I understand Top Rank and Golden Boy are in the business to make fights that will make them the most profit. But will they listen to those who can make a good pitch for fights involving the competition?

Most boxing fans have moved on from a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight ever taking place. Could they move on from a Guillermo Rigondeaux-Leo Santa Cruz not taking place? Or a Danny Garcia-Ruslan Provodnikov fight?

While I am at it, if not Pacquiao, why not Timothy Bradley against Mayweather? The list goes on and on.

I really every promoter involved in boxing makes the best possible fights for 2014 and this coming year is just as strong if not stronger than 2013.

With that, I hope Golden Boy and Top Rank does business together. It may not be this year, but eventually they will have to business together. Money talks and in boxing, that is a major reason why fights get made.

With fight fans dream of boxing to return to network television or for performance enhancement drugs to disappear permanently from the sport, 2013 has rekindled or strengthened their love for the sport.

With so many talented fighter and so many potential fights that can be made, let us keep this momentum going.

Why? I would sure like to write another one of these one year from now.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're literally just repeating whats on wikipedia lol..now what other fights did margarito use wraps in? and if he used wraps to score ko's since thats what everyone believes on why margarito didn't score any KO's after cotto then why didn't punisher and clottey get fukked up?
where on Wikipedia is this information on?:bryan:
the shyt only happened like 5 years ago
I followed and read da same news everyone else did
its common sense for anyone that isn't trolling
why are we bringing up paul Williams?:snoop:
there is blantant proof and a connection between the cotto and mosley fight
for those other fights he either wasn't using them or didn't get caught

you know cotto was the biggest fight of his career right:childplease:
lol at bringing up clottey

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
where on Wikipedia is this information on?:bryan:
the shyt only happened like 5 years ago
I followed and read da same news everyone else did
its common sense for anyone that isn't trolling
why are we bringing up paul Williams?:snoop:
there is blantant proof and a connection between the cotto and mosley fight
for those other fights he either wasn't using them or didn't get caught

you know cotto was the biggest fight of his career right:childplease:
lol at bringing up clottey

here's a simpler question do you think margarito was able to score ko's and/or damage a fighter without loaded wraps?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@patscorpio......same thing I always say breh. If Margs was using wraps against Cotto, why wouldn't he have used themwhile fighting "The Most Avoided Man" in boxing, The Punisher? Especially when the fight was for Margs championship belt?:what:

Punisher still whooped that ass.....concrete fists and all.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
We don't know when Margarito started using them, as there's no evidence. I do however, believe he was using wraps against Cotto. And my reason for that was from seeing the faceoff for their rematch.

Cotto pulled up a picture of his gloves and Tony got shook. He got on the defensive and couldnt answer any of the questions (roto or rojo?). Max basically got him when he asked "You said to me in the past that you didn't feel anything different in the Mosley fight. If that is true how would you know if you had illegal wraps against Miguel?" He ignored the question and continued to get on the defensive.

So I think he did use them against Cotto. Cintron said its possible he used it against him, but there's not evidence of that and Kermit came off as a bytchass sore loser anyway so I don't really believe him.

We'll never really know unless somebody from his camp comes out and says it. Which won't happen

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
cotto can't hurt margarito
dats not the point
theres a difference between walking someone down and hitting them with regular fist, then there is walking someone down and hitting them with concrete fist, why is that so hard for ppl to understand
:russ:
cotto won like da first 6-7 rounds, was taking cheatos shots well until the shyt started to harden.Then all of a sudden he was running for his life, taking knees, and getting his face unnaturally disfigured.
its common sense man
I agree wit u

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
you're literally just repeating whats on wikipedia lol..now what other fights did margarito use wraps in? and if he used wraps to score ko's since thats what everyone believes on why margarito didn't score any KO's after cotto then why didn't punisher and clottey get fukked up?

Cotto/Margarito was just an updated version of Freitas/Corrales. One dude burning up all his energy running around throwing bombs, while the bigger man eats them up like scooby snacks while breaking dude down with effective pressure until he got the KO.

I never won money off the fight like you did, but I had bragging rights for months at the gym due to that fight. nikkas used to hype up Cotto something serious and at the time he finally won me over with the Mosley fight, but I knew Margarito was a different animal. I remember Lovemore N'dou making Cotto back peddle in the late rounds due to not going away and Shane did the same thing so I figured Margarito would do the same thing but actually close the deal since that was more his style than anybody else. nikkas laughed and kept bringing up the Santos fight during the build up. I kept telling nikkas Cotto can't fight backwards and will burn out, but nobody would listen. Cats didn't even wanna talk about the fight the next week at the gym after that beatdown.:russ:

People try to shyt on the fight afterwards due to the wraps scandal in the Mosley fight, but real boxing heads knew that Margarito was always a bad match up for Cotto. Some cats would rather believe that Antonio and his people were boxing genius's that got away with loaded gloves his whole career than Cotto having the wrong game plan for that bout. I don't even argue that shyt anymore. You still got nikkas out there who think Cotto was drained for Manny even though he only weighed a pound less than he did against Clottey. shyt, I've had nikkas tell me Cotto/Floyd should have been a draw and that Trout barely won his fight. nikkas just love them some Cotto breh. Dude gets the benefit of the doubt with a lot of people.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
@patscorpio......same thing I always say breh. If Margs was using wraps against Cotto, why wouldn't he have used themwhile fighting "The Most Avoided Man" in boxing, The Punisher? Especially when the fight was for Margs championship belt?:what:

Punisher still whooped that ass.....concrete fists and all.
different situation. Marg/cotto is like foreman/frazier, where as marg/williams is like foreman/ali. Cotto is tailor made for marg's best shots

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Takashi Miura (WBC 130 Champion) vs. Dante Jardon

Straight mauled him, and talk about a late stoppage, his corner and the ref were let Jardon get killed :damn: Devis Boschiero hopefully is next in line, his entire claim to fame is that he came to Japan, challenged for a world title and got robbed......well come on back and see what happens this time :birdman:

Or you know......since they both just won........a unification rematch with Uchiyama :mjpls:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Ryo Miyazaki (relinquished his WBA 105 title) vs. Fahlan Sakkreein Jr. (fight at 108)

When you move up in weight and STILL resemble a corpse during and after the weigh-in, something ain't right.....I won't take anything away from Fahlan, he comes from championship linage in his blood, but Miyazaki was affected by the weight, dude needs to move all the way up to Flyweight or something.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@patscorpio
@King P

I always believed in my heart that Margarito starting wrapping immediately after PWill fight. he never wanted to fight him in the first place and the loss set him back and put him even further out of the Mayweather sweepstakes than he already was. He tried to fast track it back and all of a sudden his one punch power started to show up against the normally durable Golden Johnson and the body shot on Cintron. He had never shown THAT type of power before. I dont know if he used them during the PWill fight and I dont think so, but I would bet the farm he did after that.