Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd should've fought Paul Williams......I'm gonna ALWAYS hold that against him:ufdup:

And Paul Williams was calling him out, but Floyd said he was a "nobody":comeon:

I still maintain that Paul Williams would've beaten Mayweather.....I dont give a fukk:birdman::
:what:
Damn y'all will go to any lengths to give Floyd a imaginary l

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I wouldnt say he wouldnt get in the ring with a 154 Cotto. What weight did Manny fight Margarito at? I thought they fought at 154 or somewhere around that:lupe:

And yep, I think Cotto "escaped" that fight, because he was on his bike for sure. Margarito was applying that pressure and Cotto started running. I believe he was gonna stop Cotto in the 11th or 12th. I really wanted to see a Margs vs Cotto 3, but Margs retired:wow:

well yeah margo retired...he was never going to pass pre fight medical ever again..not with that crazy damage to his eye...shyt cotto-margo 2 went through hell in order to get him licensed...shyt i wasn't even for the fight..i wasn't eager to see someone have their eye put out in a fight..the eye and only the eye was the reason why cotto won that rematch

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
I wouldnt say he wouldnt get in the ring with a 154 Cotto. What weight did Manny fight Margarito at? I thought they fought at 154 or somewhere around that:lupe:

And yep, I think Cotto "escaped" that fight, because he was on his bike for sure. Margarito was applying that pressure and Cotto started running. I believe he was gonna stop Cotto in the 11th or 12th. I really wanted to see a Margs vs Cotto 3, but Margs retired:wow:

He fought Chetto at a 150 lbs catchweight, how you could fight for the vacant light middle weight title at a catchweight is a mystery to me!

IMO Cotto at 154 is much more dangerous to Manny than that statue Chetto at any weight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He fought Chetto at a 150 lbs catchweight, how you could fight for the vacant light middle weight title at a catchweight is a mystery to me!

IMO Cotto at 154 is much more dangerous to Manny than that statue Chetto at any weight.
a cotto at 154 that was easily outboxed by austin trout? :russ: no breh

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
the eye and only the eye was the reason why cotto won that rematch

Exactly.

By the 8th round, Margs started walking down Cotto more and more....stalking him. Cotto was on his bike like in the 1st fight. The 9th round, it was even more obvious that the tide had turned and Cotto was trying to stay far away/run. Luckily for him, however, the ref/doctor stopped the fight when they still had 3 more rounds to go.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Exactly.

By the 8th round, Margs started walking down Cotto more and more....stalking him. Cotto was on his bike like in the 1st fight. The 9th round, it was even more obvious that the tide had turned and Cotto was trying to stay far away/run. Luckily for him, however, the ref/doctor stopped the fight when they still had 3 more rounds to go.

We both agree things were not looking good late for Cotto but even without the stoppage he still banked enough rounds that if he could have made it to the cards he would have won the decision

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well yeah margo retired...he was never going to pass pre fight medical ever again..not with that crazy damage to his eye...shyt cotto-margo 2 went through hell in order to get him licensed...shyt i wasn't even for the fight..i wasn't eager to see someone have their eye put out in a fight..the eye and only the eye was the reason why cotto won that rematch

I'm sure it had something to do with da lack of concrete in his fist
Cotto started to back up a lil but cheatos punches weren't hurting him

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
but the speed and the power he does have..in spades...147 or 154 cotto gets destroyed by pac...nothing changes

If thats the case then why the catchweight at 145? He should have just destroyed him at 147 and kept it moving! Im not gonna sit here and say Cotto would have 100% beaten Manny but there was obviously some reason he didnt feel confident fighting Cotto without the catchweight. cotto at 154 with the monkey off his back would a much more dangerous fight than a 147 Cotto much less a 145 Cotto coming off what some argue was an L to Clottey. Its just my opinion though breh, all the jokes I make about Manny and even if I think he is overrated and was on PEDs some parts of his offense were spectacular and he may very well have still eaten Cotto's lunch at any weight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm sure it had something to do with da lack of concrete in his fist
Cotto started to back up a lil but cheatos punches weren't hurting him

and im sure it had something to do with cotto's plan of targeting margo's eye which he mentioned before the fight and carried out during the fight..and thats why the fight was stopped..kind of hard to fight efficiently when your eye starts swelling early from the first solid punch landed on it

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
0d3264d8722711e3813a1234f157b7e9_8_zps68dc57c7.jpg

:dead:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and im sure it had something to do with cotto's plan of targeting margo's eye which he mentioned before the fight and carried out during the fight..and thats why the fight was stopped..kind of hard to fight efficiently when your eye starts swelling early from the first solid punch landed on it
does cheato win da first fight if he didn't cheat?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
does cheato win da first fight if he didn't cheat?

considering it has not been proven that he cheated for that fight (and the fact i won a shytload of money betting the winner and the round on that fight)...yes lol..i know its popular to mention the wraps and all..but margo had a concrete chin, stamina, and an insane workrate..things cotto did not have...he was more than game