Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
the thing about Floyd is, he is one of those fighters that you really cant see what it is that makes him great off just video alone. he is like the perfectly tuned guitar. Benitez was a master and just as good a counter puncher as Floyd. actually, Floyd aint got a claim to being the greatest counter puncher or greatest defensive fighter for that matter. what it is though, he puts together great elements of everything...almost perfect and he doesnt make mistakes. he does subtle little things that you just cant put a finger on. he's not the greatest athlete to lace em up, I think thats RJJ. he is not the greatest defensively, I think that is Sweet Pea. if I have to give him a distinction, I would have to say he is the most balanced and least flawed fighter I have ever seen.
I would say he's probably the most disciplined fighter I've ever seen

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This era the champs don't fight each other. Who is the undisputed champion right now?

Corrales was overrated.

Well, we never really got to see him really run 130. If he couldve stayed there he wouldve lost but he wouldve been a force for a while. He wasnt that great as he moved up....but man....he was a rarity. a guy 5'11" tall who could make 130 but had power from 6"12" punches. he just had some great guys in his era. if you remember, at that time 130 was the hottest division with Floyd, Chico, Casa, and Freitas.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we really need to make a hypothetical matchup thread...if there isnt one already. I just would only want to compare fighters at similar primes/weights. Not no Hearns and Mayweather or SRL and Whitaker...that shyt aint right. More like Hagler vs Hopkins.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
we really need to make a hypothetical matchup thread...if there isnt one already. I just would only want to compare fighters at similar primes/weights. Not no Hearns and Mayweather or SRL and Whitaker...that shyt aint right. More like Hagler vs Hopkins.
I thought about proposing an idea of a mythical matchup tournament

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Bandcamp be like "happy new year"

tumblr_m2laoqVGfe1qc96lno1_500.gif

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, we never really got to see him really run 130. If he couldve stayed there he wouldve lost but he wouldve been a force for a while. He wasnt that great as he moved up....but man....he was a rarity. a guy 5'11" tall who could make 130 but had power from 6"12" punches. he just had some great guys in his era. if you remember, at that time 130 was the hottest division with Floyd, Chico, Casa, and Freitas.
147 was the better division back then.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
who is the most dangerous fighter floyd ever fought

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I always believed it was early-round Zab. I always felt Zab would be his most dangerous fight due to the speed. Leading up to the Corrales fight most people would say that one I think but we didnt know how it would look in the ring and turned out, Corrales style was so easy for Floyd to defeat.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
147 was the better division back then.

I disagree because the timelines slightly missed each other. Right before 01 and after 02 was when the WWs were in great place. WW were good because Mosley, Forrest, and Lewis were at the top. 130 had the guys I mentioned. Then Casa and Freitas faced each other...but Floyd moved up after mostly cleaning out the division. Meanwhile, Forrest beats Mosley, Mayorga explodes on the scene. The period that Floyd was at 130 was at a time when WW had lost Oscar. Between 01-02 were rebuilding years at WW where as Floyd, Chico, Popo, and Casa 130 era was sandwiched right in between the time of Oscar, Tito, Quartey, Whitaker battled for supremecy and Spinks becoming undisputed.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
the thing about Floyd is, he is one of those fighters that you really cant see what it is that makes him great off just video alone. he is like the perfectly tuned guitar. Benitez was a master and just as good a counter puncher as Floyd. actually, Floyd aint got a claim to being the greatest counter puncher or greatest defensive fighter for that matter. what it is though, he puts together great elements of everything...almost perfect and he doesnt make mistakes. he does subtle little things that you just cant put a finger on. he's not the greatest athlete to lace em up, I think thats RJJ. he is not the greatest defensively, I think that is Sweet Pea. if I have to give him a distinction, I would have to say he is the most balanced and least flawed fighter I have ever seen.

This is the truest statement ever made about Floyd on here:ohlawd:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a couple of footnotes about Spinks when he was undisputed....Mosley lost to Wright twice iirc and had the chance to fight for undisputed title against Spinks. he didnt want to because he said the public didnt want to see it because Spinks was just gonna run around the ring. So he opted to wait around a year or two to fight Vargas. Floyd had a chance to fight for it as well, but TR didnt want it. Maybe Floyd didnt think he was quite ready for 147 and plus Gatti was a high paying option. I think mostly it was because TR wanted the Mayweather-Cotto fight at 140 (which is why he fought Bruseles) but it never materialized.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Zab Judah.

Faster hands and feet than Floyd, more power than f Floyd, left handed, good defense, combination puncher, good jab, that inside uppercut, very aggressive, had 0 fear of Floyd bc he knew Floyd personally:blessed:

Problem with Zab, is that he couldn't stay focused or adjust in the ring. His emotions always got the better of him. Under pressure, he folded.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i love floyd but if zab judah is the most dangerous name on his resume we have a problem

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zab Judah.

Faster hands and feet than Floyd, more power than f Floyd, left handed, good defense, combination puncher, good jab, that inside uppercut, very aggressive, had 0 fear of Floyd bc he knew Floyd personally:blessed:

Problem with Zab, is that he couldn't stay focused or adjust in the ring. His emotions always got the better of him. Under pressure, he folded.
Zab has ADD and he cant focus in a fight for long lol. He did give Floyd problems early.. Even knocked floyd down and got no credit.