Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd should shut this guy up.. Take his 0 away.. But Floyd wont fight him because he's not a draw.. But Ortiz and Geurrero wasn't a draw either..

bradley d like khan talk to him like he was a little hoe and did nothing but walk away
i would love to see him and floyd fight
but i don't want to hear any trash talking from him until he "gets some balls"

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Since the year is over, and I live in the realm of reality and not a world where there's no Cold War, I'm just gonna speak my mind...........

Mayweather-Garcia>>>>Mayweather-Matthysse>>>Mayweather-Lara>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mayweather-Peterson>>>Mayweather-Maidana>>>Mayweather-Khan

Yeah.......that's how I feel.........

and on that note......

Bradley-Pacquiao II with Rios-Alvarado III, Provodnikov-Mayfield and Khabib-Vargas on the under-card, I'd buy.........that's my word............

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hearns is just the one guy I can't see Floyd beating. The size advantage combined with Tommy's boxing skills would just be too much. It's a stylistic nightmare

How is he gonna hit him? Jab to the body? Hearns hits him with a 2 piece (No KFC). Right hand? Hearns counters it with a left hook. And Hearns is too big for Floyd to hit him with a counter right

He might block 80% of Hearns punches, but the other 20% that connects is going to hurt him.

Don't think Hearns will stop him (maybe a late stoppage) but I definitely see a UD win by the (real) Hitman

Steward (R.I.P.) breaks it down perfectly

I agree with Manny Steward to a degree, but its really not fair to make a hypothetical match up between these two because they were at their best at different weights. Its hard for me to see Floyd beating Hearns at 147....but at 130...a weight Hearns never fought at, Floyd Mayweather was absolutely invisible. His footwork, movement and laser like accuracy.....:ohlawd:

a better matchup would be maybe Sweet Pea and Floyd at 135.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I agree with Manny Steward to a degree, but its really not fair to make a hypothetical match up between these two because they were at their best at different weights. Its hard for me to see Floyd beating Hearns at 147....but at 130...a weight Hearns never fought at, Floyd Mayweather was absolutely invisible. His footwork, movement and laser like accuracy.....:ohlawd:

a better matchup would be maybe Sweet Pea and Floyd at 135.
Very true. There are certain people that I feel are damn near unbeatable at certain weights. And Floyd fits the bill. At 130, Pretty Boy Floyd is basically invincible.

Same with Duran at 135, Hearns at 147, Roy Jones at 168.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Larry Holmes holds a special place for me because I grew up watching his career since he beat Ali. Larry Holmes was underrated because he was in an era devoid of the big names and because he didnt talk a lot of shyt. He truly didnt believe anyone could beat him. Some fighters mentally were just giants. Holmes, Toney, Hagler....
He made the point about parity with c00ney. the issue is that Holmes was never a HUGE star like Floyd, Manny, Oscar, or SRL and didnt have the leeway over other fighters in his era to command taking a lion's share of the purse, hence the c00ney situation...where he even was introduced first and he was the champion!!!

But he did it. He was totally disrespected...but he let his fists do the talking. once he started measuring you with the jab (a tactic that refs normally do not allow now and a tactic Lennox bit off of Holmes) you were food for real.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very true. There are certain people that I feel are damn near unbeatable at certain weights. And Floyd fits the bill. At 130, Pretty Boy Floyd is basically invincible.

Same with Duran at 135, Hearns at 147, Roy Jones at 168.

and that wasnt a typo....you said invincible, I said INVISIBLE....meaning that with his footwork, movement and that damn shoulder roll, it was hard to even lay a glove on him.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
and that wasnt a typo....you said invincible, I said INVISIBLE....meaning that with his footwork, movement and that damn shoulder roll, it was hard to even lay a glove on him.
No I got what you said. I'm saying he is invincible. I don't see anybody beating Floyd at 130. He was that damn good at that weight

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SRL over Hearns parallels Floyd over Corrales. I think had Corrales been able to stay at 130 after Floyd left, he wouldve been damn near unbeatable himself. A legend. As Corrales moved up, he gave away more of his freakish advantages. At 130....he had lights out power from 12" punches. speaking of which.....mostly all the big punchers I knew of had big hands and lighter punchers smaller. Corrales had huge hands, way bigger than Floyd. Roy Jones Jr hands.....? Huge.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I got what you said. I'm saying he is invincible. I don't see anybody beating Floyd at 130. He was that damn good at that weight

yeah, I know, he was invincible too. at 130....damn...who was better?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hearns is lucky he's not a WW in this era.

He'd suffer from the same shyt Paul Williams went through
This era the champs don't fight each other. Who is the undisputed champion right now?
SRL over Hearns parallels Floyd over Corrales. I think had Corrales been able to stay at 130 after Floyd left, he wouldve been damn near unbeatable himself. A legend. As Corrales moved up, he gave away more of his freakish advantages. At 130....he had lights out power from 12" punches. speaking of which.....mostly all the big punchers I knew of had big hands and lighter punchers smaller. Corrales had huge hands, way bigger than Floyd. Roy Jones Jr hands.....? Huge.
Corrales was overrated.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the thing about Floyd is, he is one of those fighters that you really cant see what it is that makes him great off just video alone. he is like the perfectly tuned guitar. Benitez was a master and just as good a counter puncher as Floyd. actually, Floyd aint got a claim to being the greatest counter puncher or greatest defensive fighter for that matter. what it is though, he puts together great elements of everything...almost perfect and he doesnt make mistakes. he does subtle little things that you just cant put a finger on. he's not the greatest athlete to lace em up, I think thats RJJ. he is not the greatest defensively, I think that is Sweet Pea. if I have to give him a distinction, I would have to say he is the most balanced and least flawed fighter I have ever seen.