Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Devon green as shyt. Even today. Never developed into a finished product. Any nikka still making noise when they punch is an amateurish fighter (just like AB). Alexander very good however despite not being a finished product. It was a good win, not going to beat Bradley up over that one. Best body puncher? Well, he definitely commits to the body...but that doesnt make him the best. There are quite a few who are more effective to the body, especially in terms of power.

Floyd
Canelo
Matthysse
Mares
GGG
Santa Cruz
Cotto
Bute
JCCjr
at 135 I can even throw Broner in there :smugbiden:
I'm just gonna have to disagree with you here. I respect your opinion but I don't share it.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your simply not high on Bradley is what it comes down to. We all have those fighters who we aren't sold on.

**** exceeded my expectations in that fight. That was the best he could do.

**** is an underachiever. Judah lite. I am not sold on Bradley, no. He is a product of brilliant promo by TR. Just like Floyd. but Floyd throughout the years has proven how great he truly is. Bradley is a good fighter, B+. I just need to see WWs start fighting WWs. 147 aint even a division that consists of top natural fighters at that weight. Even Swift has to be considered a top guy at 147 and he can still make 140.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just gonna have to disagree with you here. I respect your opinion but I don't share it.

about the body punchers? you cant front...all those guys can really hurt you to the body and with the exception of Floyd have been known to stop fighters with body shots. Floyd is a VERY underrated body puncher though and can really hurt you down there.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
about the body punchers? you cant front...all those guys can really hurt you to the body and with the exception of Floyd have been known to stop fighters with body shots. Floyd is a VERY underrated body puncher though and can really hurt you down there.
I'm not fronting on any of those guys being great body punchers. Timmy doesn't knockout power but he wrecks opponents to the body, that's how he beat Prov and **** off the top of my head

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I wish this Cold War would end and we could really sort out some of this stuff.

Head to head...I believe

Bradley beats: Manny, JMM, Broner if you wanna count him. as I said, those are small guys though.
Bradley would be favored but has difficulty with: Porter (a jmw moving down), Maidana (not a big guy but a better fighter than Prov), Thurman (this would be a dangerous ass fight)

so in that regard, outside of Floyd....the best fighter at WW that we can get any significant fights made is Bradley in that regard. he just aint head and shoulders above most of the other guys...just a good fighter with good promotion.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I wish this Cold War would end and we could really sort out some of this stuff.

Head to head...I believe

Bradley beats: Manny, JMM, Broner if you wanna count him. as I said, those are small guys though.
Bradley would be favored but has difficulty with: Porter (a jmw moving down), Maidana (not a big guy but a better fighter than Prov), Thurman (this would be a dangerous ass fight)
Thurman would be a good ass fight. I think Bradley is on the floyd train though

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thurman would be a good ass fight. I think Bradley is on the floyd train though

I am not saying that Thurman is a beast...yet. Just that its good strategy to keep these guys fighting small guys. Thurman presents a serious threat because he is a natural WW with power. I said back here a while ago that no way GBP was putting AB in with Thurman. You think Maidana fukked him up....Thurman wouldve killed AB. No diss to AB but he aint ready for that TRUE 147 life.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
**** is an underachiever. Judah lite. I am not sold on Bradley, no. He is a product of brilliant promo by TR. Just like Floyd. but Floyd throughout the years has proven how great he truly is. Bradley is a good fighter, B+. I just need to see WWs start fighting WWs. 147 aint even a division that consists of top natural fighters at that weight. Even Swift has to be considered a top guy at 147 and he can still make 140.

Your not sold on Bradley as a WW or in general?

Bradley's entire showtime run from 08-09 was very impressive. He fought the best opposition available. That was when he was with Gary Shaw.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Bradley's entire showtime run from 08-09 was very impressive. He fought the best opposition available. That was when he was with Gary Shaw.
With the exception of Prov Bradley has always fought the best competition available

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

certain fighters just turn me off or dont do it for me. nothing personal if you like Bradley. as a JWW he'd be running shyt. as a WW, he only fought one true 147lber, Abregu. he has those big names and thats the game today. I grew up in a different era. Today it dont take much for people to claim you cleaned out a division. There hasnt been any cleaning out in a while. Klits have done it (btw...have yall seen that doc film on them? its on Netflix now), RJJ has done it, albeit a weak division, B-Hop did it, Tszyu did it, but recently thats about it. Oh, Ward did it. Fighters jump weight too much to be claiming they cleaned out divisions.

again, I think if Bradley were at 140 right now, he'd be the king. at WW, :ehh: he gettin that guap.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
certain fighters just turn me off or dont do it for me. nothing personal if you like Bradley. as a JWW he'd be running shyt. as a WW, he only fought one true 147lber, Abregu. he has those big names and thats the game today. I grew up in a different era. Today it dont take much for people to claim you cleaned out a division. There hasnt been any cleaning out in a while. Klits have done it (btw...have yall seen that doc film on them? its on Netflix now), RJJ has done it, albeit a weak division, B-Hop did it, Tszyu did it, but recently thats about it. Oh, Ward did it. Fighters jump weight too much to be claiming they cleaned out divisions.

again, I think if Bradley were at 140 right now, he'd be the king. at WW, :ehh: he gettin that guap.

I always looked at Bradley fighting at WW similar to Floyd fighting at JMW. He only fights there for the right fights. His team experimented with the Abregu fight. That fight right there showed me he wasn't a WW. He immediately went down to 140 (wise choice) after that fight. He went back to WW for the Pac fight. I thought he was gonna move back down, but they decided to keep him at 147 this year.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the exception of Prov Bradley has always fought the best competition available

didnt fight Khan...but he had PC not to. pulled out against Bailey the same week of the fight. the game is the game though. not like he scared of them per say. he really didnt want the Alexander fight. there is no fault in none of that by todays standards because its a tough biz and one loss can cost you significant payday. I recognize it for what it is. I just dont see guys like the ones I grew up with who would fight anybody and wasnt afraid to go for a title or put theirs on the line. Bradley like Canelo and others fast tracked it to the Millions. its not their fault...it is what it is. the WW division was something special when you had Oscar, Shane, Tito, Quartey, Forrest, Sweet Pea, Mayorga, Spinks, even prime Margarito and PWill. that wasnt too long ago when WWs were WWs. I am just a lil disenchanted because today we have a lot of lil guys fighting in the WW division and passing it off as such. Broner perfect example. The boy aint no WW yet.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always looked at Bradley fighting at WW similar to Floyd fighting at JMW. He only fights there for the right fights. His team experimented with the Abregu fight. That fight right there showed me he wasn't a WW. He immediately went down to 140 (wise choice) after that fight. He went back to WW for the Pac fight. I thought he was gonna move back down, but they decided to keep him at 147 this year.

now you have a good ass point there and I crucified Floyd for that fight. I thought it was so unfair. Floyd made up for that though by fighting Canelo...a guy people swore he would never get in the ring with.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I really dont get into the ducking thing because it really isnt a clear definitive thing. especially not today. Khan said Bradley ducked him. well stfu Khan, u ducked Alexander. these fighters are hypocrites. thats why the Glen Johnson line was so popular about not being the best. fighters cant duck anyone anyway, they have teams and who the team says you fight...you fight. the fighters that dont duck or dont have the luxury to do so end up getting beat no matter who they are. latest example is Dawson.

not dikkriding here, but the one guy that made me a fan recently was Swift. I truly believe he tells his team...get me this dude. he dont duck. no way he was scared of LM like people said. I gotta give credit to AB too by doing the poll, even though it shouldve worked out in his favor by drawing Maidana...who was the most beatable out of the guys on the list for him. but guys like GGG, I aint feeling. if he is so good then lets see him step it the fukk up. I just think I was spoiled by seeing guys like Whitaker and Toney. them guys gave zero fukks about nathan.