Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not one who advocates for guys to retire, this is their jobs and they love to do it but Danny Williams just lost to a guy who was 9-45-6. at that point you are disrespecting the sport and yourself.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
"Despite a very clear win for Pacquiao, both to the naked eye and on the official scorecards, Manny did say after the fight that he was hurt very badly by a shot from Rios. Manny couldn't remember the exact round, but said he thought it was round five."

I respect everyone here, but you better watch it breh.....somebody may consider banning you from this thread if you dont start bringing some objectivity up in here and stop dikkriding Manny. :birdman:

:childplease:

I respect most people in here too.... you included, but :camby: First of all... nikka I was not talking to you... I asked A QUESTION directly to SKIP B... NOT YOU or anyone else.. Secondly, if my posts are making your vagina bleed like that my nikka you can have some common sense and hit that ignore button, expeditiously patna... and that goes for anyone else too.. fukk any nikka upset I dont post the way THEY want me to post :birdman:

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
"Despite a very clear win for Pacquiao, both to the naked eye and on the official scorecards, Manny did say after the fight that he was hurt very badly by a shot from Rios. Manny couldn't remember the exact round, but said he thought it was round five."

I respect everyone here, but you better watch it breh.....somebody may consider banning you from this thread if you dont start bringing some objectivity up in here and stop dikkriding Manny. :birdman:
We have a mod in the ring:lupe:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree with most of what you said. Zab would get killed by Prov now. Thats about as far as I would go. Other than that, Zab was a more talented fighter than Bradley and I believe a better fighter. He went defensive against Corley because he broke his hand. Corley still been upsetting nikkas up to 2012 and lets not forget Corley hurt Floyd prob more than anyone I have seen. (Shane caught Floyd and rocked him, but after the initial shock value, every time I watched it again, it didnt look like he was hurt as bad as people made it out to be)

Really, prime Spinks is as tall an order for any WW in the past decade because he was a boxing fool. With Bradley, he is solid, but what I see is names. Big names. A green Alexander (but one that was on a nice winning streak) a born again Manny after all the doping allegations (a fight he lost IMO), and a great win over JMM which even I overrated in the beginning. Have to remember, JMM not prime, way past best weight, and never looked good against fast world class fighters even at featherweight.

I do agree about using boxing math...I really dont do that because styles make fights. At the same time, I do factor in how good an opponent really is. I just believe Matthysse is clearly better than Prov, even if only by a small amount.

Your statement proves my point. "A guy with power and chin all in your face...." Matthysse had the pressure on Zab and got outboxed. That fight was not controversial like people make it out to be. Those of us that came up with the theory that Swift would beat Matthysse based on how he looked against Zab and Devon....proved right with that theory.

I just think we overrate most fighters out there due to particular wins. Bradley is overrated a bit because he got that win over Manny....who was perceived as the man at that time at WW...but that was overrated as well...and I will get into that at a later time. Before that, Bradley resume was solid but unspectacular.

Prov is even more overrated because before Bradley he was an ESPN fighter who had already lost. He gets a lot of high praise for losing a war with an admittedly stupid Bradley and stopping a fringe fighter like Alvarado :scusthov: Prov aint that good my dude....:comeon: He would lose to Swift and Matthysse and I would pick a Roach-trained Khan to beat him as well. I even think Maidana is a better fighter than Prov.

All in all....I still say Zab was a better fighter, just that the career defining win for Bradley was bigger in stature than Zab's was. Their resumes are easily on par with each other, its just that Zab never was a true WW. He was overpowered by stronger guys. I dont see Bradley beating Cotto or Clottey either. Even with Zab's mental lapses, he wouldve been a better fighter had he stayed at 140, but the money was at 147 just like today so :manny: Zab just wasnt built for 147 but he did face NATURAL WWs.

The only TRUE NATURAL WW on Bradley resume is Abregu. So I dont get caught up in that hype....and also I dont give a fukk about putting it out there but prime Spinks would box circles around Manny at WW.

I saw that Corley rebuttal coming as soon as I typed it because the reality is he was a good fighter that could hurt anyone with his left. We'll agree to disagree. It's all subjective but at least I have a better understanding of your perspective.

Prov overrated as shyt right now. he aint that damn good just cuz he beat Alvarado. Rios could still fukk Prov up. Rios just got outboxed by Alvarado. Alvarado aint all that good either. These arent championship level JWWs folks. The only true champion at that weight is Swift...everyone else is a notch below or on the same tier. Ruslan, Rios, Peterson, even Khan at this point....all C+/B- level fighters at best. Thats why these P4P lists are weak because guys are basically there off attrition and circumstance.

I believe all those guys at 140 (including Garcia) are on the same tier. It all depends if that boxer gets a more favorable matchup. I don't think any of those guys are significantly better than the other. Garcia an extremely weak linear title holder.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Prov overrated as shyt right now. he aint that damn good just cuz he beat Alvarado. Rios could still fukk Prov up. Rios just got outboxed by Alvarado. Alvarado aint all that good either. These arent championship level JWWs folks. The only true champion at that weight is Swift...everyone else is a notch below or on the same tier. Ruslan, Rios, Peterson, even Khan at this point....all C+/B- level fighters at best. Thats why these P4P lists are weak because guys are basically there off attrition and circumstance.

IF you put Bradley on an even scale with Floyd....he looks very weak. I know Floyd is the best in the world but still.....Floyd has fought BIG WWs and even a big JMW. Bradley fought Abregu. Thats the biggest/strongest guy he has faced. The rest of his fights are JWW's engaged in WW contests. Bradley is on P4P lists due to the fact that he hasnt lost. Maidana is no world beater but at this stage in their careers, he'd fukk Marquez up.

If I redo my list based on who can beat who if they fought at the same weight (which I think I will do now)...Bradley drops on my list. P4P skills....Rigo, Swift, and Hopkins are better. Bradley still would be in the top 10, but to me, he is on par with Serge. They are about the same level/caliber fighter all around. Which is damn good, but probably in the lower half of the top 10. I probably would still rank him higher than Manny at this point though...I dont think Manny is the same fighter as pre-Bradley.
:camby:
Peterson
Manny
JMM
**** that off the top of my head is 4 belt holders that Bradley has beat one of them being p4p#2 another being p4p#4/5 at the time.
Bradley the best body puncher in the game my friend you need to stop throwing shade on him

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Peterson
Manny
JMM
**** that off the top of my head is 4 belt holders that Bradley has beat one of them being p4p#2 another being p4p#4/5 at the time.
Bradley the best body puncher in the game my friend you need to stop throwing shade on him

Alexander too right? I thought Devon had a belt when be quit against Bradley.

I don't know why people down play Bradley domination of JMM. I thought that was a GREAT fight for him especially coming off the fight with Prov, where he tried to entertain the fans and fought recklessly:manny:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Alexander too right? I thought Devon had a belt when be quit against Bradley.

I don't know why people down play Bradley domination of JMM. I thought that was a GREAT fight for him especially coming off the fight with Prov, where he tried to entertain the fans and fought recklessly:manny:
Didn't even think about the ass beating he was giving Devon. Timmy got very good defense, good jab, hand and foot speed, boxing iq and he's the best body puncher in the game imo

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peterson (just about proven to be a B- fighter at best now)
Manny (gift...and I picked him to win)
JMM (past prime and best weights, still technically good, but I ask, what TRUE or NATURAL WW he beat??? these guys are fighting JWWs)

*fixed*
the **** win was good but man, **** fukked that fight up....fakkit didnt move his fukking hands. If Peterson is B- fighter, wtf is ****? and Bradley still only won by a few points but struggled with ****'s speed and power.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
*fixed*
the **** win was good but man, **** fukked that fight up....fakkit didnt move his fukking hands. If Peterson is B- fighter, wtf is ****? and Bradley still only won by a few points but struggled with ****'s speed and power.
I re-watched that fight this morning the Bradley won 9-3 imo. **** couldn't get active b/c of Bradleys pressure. Not saying **** is an excellent boxer, but you're acting like Bradley isn't an A range boxer. Who does top rank have that's a natural welter to put in front of Bradley? That's not his fault mayne

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mayweather-Bradley would be very interesting. I don't like talking about fights that won't happen.

When I think about Floyd's resume in recent years, he hasn't fought too many top tier black American fighters.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
*fixed*

PEDerson is not good.....you're right. And I thought Manny beat Bradley and was robbed as well. I didn't see the **** fight.

I don't agree with the JMM fight disrespect, but I can see why people dislike Bradley. I'm not really a fan of Bradley either, but he just always comes out victorious. I don't know what it is about him that I dislike, I just don't really think he's a top skilled boxer. But then, he always goes out and beats whomever they put in his face:manny:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*fixed*

Your simply not high on Bradley is what it comes down to. We all have those fighters who we aren't sold on.

**** exceeded my expectations in that fight. That was the best he could do.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Mayweather-Bradley would be very interesting. I don't like talking about fights that won't happen.

When I think about Floyd's resume in recent years, he hasn't fought too many top tier black American fighters.

Last prime black fighter he's fought was Judah:yeshrug:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't even think about the ass beating he was giving Devon. Timmy got very good defense, good jab, hand and foot speed, boxing iq and he's the best body puncher in the game imo

Devon green as shyt. Even today. Never developed into a finished product. Any nikka still making noise when they punch is an amateurish fighter (just like AB). Alexander very good however despite not being a finished product. It was a good win, not going to beat Bradley up over that one. Best body puncher? Well, he definitely commits to the body...but that doesnt make him the best. There are quite a few who are more effective to the body, especially in terms of power.

Floyd
Canelo
Matthysse
Mares
GGG
Santa Cruz
Cotto
Bute
JCCjr
at 135 I can even throw Broner in there :smugbiden:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PEDerson is not good.....you're right. And I thought Manny beat Bradley and was robbed as well. I didn't see the **** fight.

I don't agree with the JMM fight disrespect, but I can see why people dislike Bradley. I'm not really a fan of Bradley either, but he just always comes out victorious. I don't know what it is about him that I dislike, I just don't really think he's a top skilled boxer. But then, he always goes out and beats whomever they put in his face:manny:

Peterson is nice. Yall gotta stop playing him like he's a bum.

Hopefully he looks good next month.