Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
He said:

I post 1 link where Ruslan Provodnikov HIMSELF is saying he was getting that work, and another where Freddie Roach is confirming that he had Prov rocking a Riddell helmet in the ring during sparring with Manny in order to decrease further damage, and Skip disappears on us:heh:

Must have went to boxingscene :mjpls:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Has anybody stopped to ask what the fhuck Roach would do in that situation ? They are both Wild Card.

Prov said he will get a new trainer for that fight it it happens, because he knows Roach will be with Manny

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:camby: I respect your opinion but cmon breh. Bradley's D>>>>>>>Zab's Bradley wins more rounds than Canelo and Guerrero combined (I think floyd would win 8-4 or 7-5). But if the current boogeyman of 140-147 couldn't finish off Bradley you think Floyd would?? It should be noted I'm a stan of floyd's boxing skills.

Bradley has fundamental defense. Zab has/had better head movement and reflexes. Hate to say this, but Zab from a few years ago wouldnt have came close to losing to Prov. Remember, past prime Zab beat Matthysse...who is better than Prov, then and now. Zab's head movement and hand speed bothered Matthysse. You think close to prime Zab would get that work from Prov when he outboxed Matthysse? Bradley wins a couple early rounds, then after that its a clinic.

Bradley has to square up to get his combinations going, thats how he gets in trouble. Never really believed he was adept at cutting off the ring either, just rushing his opponent and mauling them. I just dont see what he brings to bother Floyd. He looks good but I still think he is at a power and speed disadvantage.

Bradley is that guy in the gym that just has all the fundamentals...but doesnt wow you with anything. His greatest attribute is outworking, outsmarting and out-game-planning his opponent. He is good at all those things but would be going against a guy who is a master of all of those things.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't think Manny would stop Ruslan but I do think he would outbox him for 12 rounds. Manny is not fukking Mike Alvardo. Ruslan would be turning all night just like Oscar, Margarito and Rios

and GTFO with that 43% power shot bullshyt. Like 75% of Rios' landed punches was garbage in the clinch that did nothing.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bradley has fundamental defense. Zab has/had better head movement and reflexes. Hate to say this, but Zab from a few years ago wouldnt have came close to losing to Prov. Remember, past prime Zab beat Matthysse...who is better than Prov, then and now. Zab's head movement and hand speed bothered Matthysse. You think close to prime Zab would get that work from Prov when he outboxed Matthysse? Bradley wins a couple early rounds, then after that its a clinic.

Bradley has to square up to get his combinations going, thats how he gets in trouble. Never really believed he was adept at cutting off the ring either, just rushing his opponent and mauling them. I just dont see what he brings to bother Floyd. He looks good but I still think he is at a power and speed disadvantage.

Bradley is that guy in the gym that just has all the fundamentals...but doesnt wow you with anything. His greatest attribute is outworking, outsmarting and out-game-planning his opponent. He is good at all those things but would be going against a guy who is a master of all of those things.

Disagreed. Zab would either get KO'd or he would go into a shell as soon as Prov lands a clean punch & he loses a decision. A "prime" Zab was getting his ass whooped by Baldomir (which was a close fight). Prov is at least close to the same tier as Baldomir imo and he hits much harder. Prov's style resembles Baldomir's more so than Matthyssee. A guy with power & a chin that is all in your face is Zab's worst nightmare.

I get disappointed anytime a boxing fan tries to use boxing math to justify their argument. Your saying since Zab "beat" Matthysse, he would beat Prov. There is just a lot of things wrong with that statement.

It seems your implying Matthysee & Prov are similar fighters which isn't true. Have you seen any of Lucas' fights in Argentina? The man was a boxer/puncher who happened to hit hard. He did not rely on his power. Against Zab he fought his usual boxer/puncher style. He just started fighting more aggressively a couple years ago because he knew he wouldn't get any decisions over here. If he would have brought that aggressive approach to the Zab fight I believe he would have beat him decisively. Many felt he won the fight anyway, myself included.

So you just compared Prov to the "boxer/puncher" Matthysee of 3 years ago fresh off of Argentina.

Or are you saying because you believe Matthysee is a better fighter & you felt Zab won, that Zab would beat Prov? Either way none of it makes any sense. Every fight is different. Your talking about 2 guys with 2 different approaches & although I do agree Matthysee may be better, it's not like he's significantly better than Prov. Who is better head to head doesn't really matter in this case. It's all about styles.

Zab is just more athletic & has faster hand speed. Bradley is a much better fighter than Zab. I don't understand how ANYONE can pick Zab anytime he fights. This guy went into a shell against Demarcus Corley in his prime. It was ridiculous. Anytime he gets hit he goes into a shell & hopes to survive. The guy can't hold it together for a whole 12 rounds against top tier competition. How can anyone confidently pick him to win against a puncher?

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/182081-roach-i-dont-want-pacquiao-and-provodnikov-to-fight

Ruslan had to wear a fukking football helmet to stop the abuse Manny was giving him......and I'm supposed to believe that Prov, who has WORSE defense than Manny, wouldnt get that work without his football helmet on?:what:
The sparring partner was simply giving heat to a Manny post ass whipping

Lets not forget Roach satated that any Manny sparring partner beats Bradley when he directed Manny to run far away from Bradley, lets not also act like Roach admitted he doesnt want Manny in the ring with Prov at all.........

Face disfigurement with 16-18 oz gloves and headgear, you are dumber than you sound:comeon:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I don't think Manny would stop Ruslan but I do think he would outbox him for 12 rounds. Manny is not fukking Mike Alvardo. Ruslan would be turning all night just like Oscar, Margarito and Rios

and GTFO with that 43% power shot bullshyt. Like 75% of Rios' landed punches was garbage in the clinch that did nothing.
Manny said Rios hurt the shyt out him very badly, and it was hard for him to continue not me:skip:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagreed. Zab would either get KO'd or he would go into a shell as soon as Prov lands a clean punch & he loses a decision. A "prime" Zab was getting his ass whooped by Baldomir (which was a close fight). Prov is at least close to the same tier as Baldomir imo and he hits much harder. Prov's style resembles Baldomir's more so than Matthyssee. A guy with power & a chin that is all in your face is Zab's worst nightmare.

I get disappointed anytime a boxing fan tries to use boxing math to justify their argument. Your saying since Zab "beat" Matthysse, he would beat Prov. There is just a lot of things wrong with that statement.

It seems your implying Matthysee & Prov are similar fighters which isn't true. Have you seen any of Lucas' fights in Argentina? The man was a boxer/puncher who happened to hit hard. He did not rely on his power. Against Zab he fought his usual boxer/puncher style. He just started fighting more aggressively a couple years ago because he knew he wouldn't get any decisions over here. If he would have brought that aggressive approach to the Zab fight I believe he would have beat him decisively. Many felt he won the fight anyway, myself included.

So you just compared Prov to the "boxer/puncher" Matthysee of 3 years ago fresh off of Argentina.

Or are you saying because you believe Matthysee is a better fighter & you felt Zab won, that Zab would beat Prov? Either way none of it makes any sense. Every fight is different. Your talking about 2 guys with 2 different approaches & although I do agree Matthysee may be better, it's not like he's significantly better than Prov. Who is better head to head doesn't really matter in this case. It's all about styles.

Zab is just more athletic & has faster hand speed. Bradley is a much better fighter than Zab. I don't understand how ANYONE can pick Zab anytime he fights. This guy went into a shell against Demarcus Corley in his prime. It was ridiculous. Anytime he gets hit he goes into a shell & hopes to survive. The guy can't hold it together for a whole 12 rounds against top tier competition. How can anyone confidently pick him to win against a puncher?

Disagree with most of what you said. Zab would get killed by Prov now. Thats about as far as I would go. Other than that, Zab was a more talented fighter than Bradley and I believe a better fighter. He went defensive against Corley because he broke his hand. Corley still been upsetting nikkas up to 2012 and lets not forget Corley hurt Floyd prob more than anyone I have seen. (Shane caught Floyd and rocked him, but after the initial shock value, every time I watched it again, it didnt look like he was hurt as bad as people made it out to be)

Really, prime Spinks is as tall an order for any WW in the past decade because he was a boxing fool. With Bradley, he is solid, but what I see is names. Big names. A green Alexander (but one that was on a nice winning streak) a born again Manny after all the doping allegations (a fight he lost IMO), and a great win over JMM which even I overrated in the beginning. Have to remember, JMM not prime, way past best weight, and never looked good against fast world class fighters even at featherweight.

I do agree about using boxing math...I really dont do that because styles make fights. At the same time, I do factor in how good an opponent really is. I just believe Matthysse is clearly better than Prov, even if only by a small amount.

Your statement proves my point. "A guy with power and chin all in your face...." Matthysse had the pressure on Zab and got outboxed. That fight was not controversial like people make it out to be. Those of us that came up with the theory that Swift would beat Matthysse based on how he looked against Zab and Devon....proved right with that theory.

I just think we overrate most fighters out there due to particular wins. Bradley is overrated a bit because he got that win over Manny....who was perceived as the man at that time at WW...but that was overrated as well...and I will get into that at a later time. Before that, Bradley resume was solid but unspectacular.

Prov is even more overrated because before Bradley he was an ESPN fighter who had already lost. He gets a lot of high praise for losing a war with an admittedly stupid Bradley and stopping a fringe fighter like Alvarado :scusthov: Prov aint that good my dude....:comeon: He would lose to Swift and Matthysse and I would pick a Roach-trained Khan to beat him as well. I even think Maidana is a better fighter than Prov.

All in all....I still say Zab was a better fighter, just that the career defining win for Bradley was bigger in stature than Zab's was. Their resumes are easily on par with each other, its just that Zab never was a true WW. He was overpowered by stronger guys. I dont see Bradley beating Cotto or Clottey either. Even with Zab's mental lapses, he wouldve been a better fighter had he stayed at 140, but the money was at 147 just like today so :manny: Zab just wasnt built for 147 but he did face NATURAL WWs.

The only TRUE NATURAL WW on Bradley resume is Abregu. So I dont get caught up in that hype....and also I dont give a fukk about putting it out there but prime Spinks would box circles around Manny at WW.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prov overrated as shyt right now. he aint that damn good just cuz he beat Alvarado. Rios could still fukk Prov up. Rios just got outboxed by Alvarado. Alvarado aint all that good either. These arent championship level JWWs folks. The only true champion at that weight is Swift...everyone else is a notch below or on the same tier. Ruslan, Rios, Peterson, even Khan at this point....all C+/B- level fighters at best. Thats why these P4P lists are weak because guys are basically there off attrition and circumstance.

IF you put Bradley on an even scale with Floyd....he looks very weak. I know Floyd is the best in the world but still.....Floyd has fought BIG WWs and even a big JMW. Bradley fought Abregu. Thats the biggest/strongest guy he has faced. The rest of his fights are JWW's engaged in WW contests. Bradley is on P4P lists due to the fact that he hasnt lost. Maidana is no world beater but at this stage in their careers, he'd fukk Marquez up.

If I redo my list based on who can beat who if they fought at the same weight (which I think I will do now)...Bradley drops on my list. P4P skills....Rigo, Swift, and Hopkins are better. Bradley still would be in the top 10, but to me, he is on par with Serge. They are about the same level/caliber fighter all around. Which is damn good, but probably in the lower half of the top 10. I probably would still rank him higher than Manny at this point though...I dont think Manny is the same fighter as pre-Bradley.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:usure:

When did Pac say this??

All i heard Pac say was he hurt me in the 5round... quit exaggerating nikka

"Despite a very clear win for Pacquiao, both to the naked eye and on the official scorecards, Manny did say after the fight that he was hurt very badly by a shot from Rios. Manny couldn't remember the exact round, but said he thought it was round five."

I respect everyone here, but you better watch it breh.....somebody may consider banning you from this thread if you dont start bringing some objectivity up in here and stop dikkriding Manny. :birdman: