Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Skip b...how can u spin facts:mindblown:

And now u saying, Ruslan has surpassed Manny by losing to Bradley and beating Mike Alvarado?:what:
Dude if Prov lost vs Bradley, Bradley gave Manny what should have been hisreitrement beating

Now the Prov fight was a true robbery, how the fukk a can a Manny fan spout the Bradley beat Prov nonsense, when yall call Bradley Manny the robbery of the decade n shyt:mindblown:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Was he coked out when he lasted 10 with Floyd? :mjpls:

Or do you only discredit Manny's wins?
Everybody know Floydie turned him to drugs, Hatton admitted it, he also admitted being slept by a fw in sparring leading up to the Manny match

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Manny vs Prov

It really depends on how much Manny truly has left in the tank. IMO, he has enough to beat the shyt outta Prov. like @Newzz said....Prov gonna be coming forward for the kill unlike Rios who said he tried to box Manny. Rios actually has better boxing skill than Prov anyway...he just dont use as much as he should. I could be totally wrong about how much Manny has left though.

I am just observing that every since Floyd hammered him with those doping allegations and Manny re-dedicated himself to the Lord....:comeon: he been looking a lot more
nNV6Iqg.png

so whether he was juicing and no longer is or he is ready to be admitted into Larry Holmes Gardens him and Roach know for sure if he has enough to deal with Prov and the fight would be made based on that.

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Rios wasn't opening up against Manny in feae of getting KOd. He didn't fight in his normal style so he survived but was punished for 12 rounds.

Prov is a come forward fighter who throws a lot, leaving himself wide open. Bradley was able to get MANY great shots in on Prov.....Pac gets those same looks and its lights out for Prov.

Lets not forget that all the stories are Manny was beating the shyt out of Prov in sparring.....not the other way around like most other sparring stories where the "name brand" fighter has trouble with the lesser known sparring partner.

Manny was giving Prov the beats:ufdup:
I hadn't heard that. Links???
I had heard that Dan Rafael was reporting that Prov was working Pac the hardest he ever had been.

It would be an interesting fight. Prov's tough come forward style, mixed with his chin and power provide serious trouble for Manny. But Timmy had Prov seriously hurt and his face looking mighty beat, Pacquaio would light him up more.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I hadn't heard that. Links???
I had heard that Dan Rafael was reporting that Prov was working Pac the hardest he ever had been.

It would be an interesting fight. Prov's tough come forward style, mixed with his chin and power provide serious trouble for Manny. But Timmy had Prov seriously hurt and his face looking mighty beat, Pacquaio would light him up more.

Oldest link I could find......from May 2012: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/baguio/sports/2012/05/01/russian-amazed-pacquiao-s-power-219113

Russian amazed by Pacquiao’s power
-A A +A
By Roderick Osis

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

RUSSIAN boxer Ruslan Provodnikov remains to be amazed by the power and speed of Manny Pacquiao whose high altitude training in Baguio City is now on its third week.

Pacquiao is set to fight undefeated American Timothy Bradley on June 9 at the MGM Grand for with the eight weight division’s welterweight crown at stake.

Provodnikov will be Pacquiao’s spar mate until the group leaves for Las Vegas later this week and has so far lodged eight rounds of non-stop boxing where the Russian light welterweight fighter suffered swollen eyebags.

“He’s just too fast and too strong. I don’t know where the punches are coming,” said Providnikov through his Russian interpreter.

With his two eyebags swelling due to punches coming from the reigning pound for pound king, Freddie Roach had ordered Provodnikov to change his headgear to protect him for Pacquiao’s punishment.

Provodnikov’s face was in near distortion as he remained recipient of Pacquiao’s crispy left and right combinations but there’s no plan though to replace Provodnikov as he has proven to be the ideal mate for the Filipino idol.

The final days of the Baguio training camp will include 10 to 12 rounds with the mitts, the heavy bag, double end ball, speed ball and skipping rope to continue building speed, stamina and coordination between the legs, hands and eyes.

Pacquiao’s sparring actually started last week, earlier than scheduled and is expected to lodge more than 100 rounds until the lawmaker from Sarangani province continues to polish his skills at the Wild Card gym in Los Angeles.

“Everything will be polished at Wild Card Gym this weekend,” Roach said.

Team Pacquiao will be heading back to Manila later this week before flying to the US on Saturday.

Like I said......Prov was the one receiving beatings, not Manny

And @Skip b thinks Manny wouldnt do MORE withou the presence of headgear to ease the damage to Prov's face?:heh:

"Swollen Eyebags"? "Face near distortion"?:dead:

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‘Paying US taxes not Pacquiao’s duty’

By JUN RAMIREZ

Manila, Philippines – Tax experts and veteran officials from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) opined yesterday that it is not the duty of boxing icon Manny Paquiao to file and pay income tax in the United States out of his earnings from boxing there.

They said that responsibility lies with his promoter, Top Rank Promotions owned by Bob Arum, under the US withholding tax system upon which the withholding tax system provision in the Internal Revenue Code (NIRC) of the Philippines was copied.

The tax experts said that under the scheme, Pacquiao gets his cash prize net of tax and that the same formula is applied when Paquiao receives his pay for endorsing commercial products and his share from the pay-per view proceeds of his boxing fights.

In case of deficits in the payment of the final withholding tax, they said Bob Arum’s obligation is to remit the deficiency to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the US and later he should ask Pacquiao to reimburse it because the solon is considered non-resident alien.

They said, however, it would be a different issue if Pacquiao is a holder of a dual citizenship and engaged in business or trade in the US.

The tax experts issued the comment following news reports that the IRS is going after Pacquiao for the unpaid taxes out of his boxing matches in the US although his camp denied the report.

They said Pacquiao’s situation could be likened to international artists performing in the country.

They said tax liabilities of Madonna, Justin Bieber and other foreign singers who visited the country were paid by their local organizers like Ovation Productions and not by the entertainers themselves.
HjSE05u.gif
so apparently TR and Bob was supposed to pay Manny's taxes.....

6rJTjU2.gif

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Provodnikov had served as Pacquiao's chief sparring partner prior to Pacquiao's bout with Timothy Bradley, which Pacquiao lost controversially on points. The two spent a few months up in the mountains of the Baguio, Philippines together, engaging in often-brutal sessions.

“The first day they sparred, Ruslan wore his regular headgear and he just got marked up so badly that I had to buy him one with the bar on it to protect him,” said Roach.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/182081-roach-i-dont-want-pacquiao-and-provodnikov-to-fight

Ruslan had to wear a fukking football helmet to stop the abuse Manny was giving him......and I'm supposed to believe that Prov, who has WORSE defense than Manny, wouldnt get that work without his football helmet on?:what:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
‘Paying US taxes not Pacquiao’s duty’

By JUN RAMIREZ

Manila, Philippines – Tax experts and veteran officials from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) opined yesterday that it is not the duty of boxing icon Manny Paquiao to file and pay income tax in the United States out of his earnings from boxing there.

They said that responsibility lies with his promoter, Top Rank Promotions owned by Bob Arum, under the US withholding tax system upon which the withholding tax system provision in the Internal Revenue Code (NIRC) of the Philippines was copied.

The tax experts said that under the scheme, Pacquiao gets his cash prize net of tax and that the same formula is applied when Paquiao receives his pay for endorsing commercial products and his share from the pay-per view proceeds of his boxing fights.

In case of deficits in the payment of the final withholding tax, they said Bob Arum’s obligation is to remit the deficiency to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the US and later he should ask Pacquiao to reimburse it because the solon is considered non-resident alien.

They said, however, it would be a different issue if Pacquiao is a holder of a dual citizenship and engaged in business or trade in the US.

The tax experts issued the comment following news reports that the IRS is going after Pacquiao for the unpaid taxes out of his boxing matches in the US although his camp denied the report.

They said Pacquiao’s situation could be likened to international artists performing in the country.

They said tax liabilities of Madonna, Justin Bieber and other foreign singers who visited the country were paid by their local organizers like Ovation Productions and not by the entertainers themselves.
HjSE05u.gif
so apparently TR and Bob was supposed to pay Manny's taxes.....

6rJTjU2.gif

So Bob Arum has been pocketing Manny's "tax money"?:lupe:

:deadmanny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73209#ixzz2p0MdXpfc
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
BoxingScene.com has been advised that former three division champion Abner Mares (26-1, 14KOs) has suffered a rib injury while sparring in Mexico City. When reached on Monday afternoon, Mares' manager Frank Espinoza confirmed the reports that are circulating in Mexico.

"Yes, the reports in Mexico are accurate. Abner did injure a rib in sparring, but I don't know anything else [regarding the extent of the injury] because I'm not down there," Espinoza told BoxingScene.com.

Mares was scheduled to face WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez on February 15th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The fight was a rematch of their August battle, which saw Gonzalez score a shocking first round knockout.

A new date is unknown at the moment, says Espinoza, who already reached out to Golden Boy Promotions to discuss a new date. However, sources informed BoxingScene's Chris Robinson that a date of March 15th has been mentioned.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
If Timothy Bradley made Ruslan's face look like Rocky Dennis, fukk you think Manny would do to it :russ:

I guess Prov has taken Matthysse's spot as the new boogeyman :heh:

You see it.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/182081-roach-i-dont-want-pacquiao-and-provodnikov-to-fight

Ruslan had to wear a fukking football helmet to stop the abuse Manny was giving him......and I'm supposed to believe that Prov, who has WORSE defense than Manny, wouldnt get that work without his football helmet on?:what:

Get ko'd by a hof fighter that you fought four times and all of a sudden you are a bum. :beli:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You see it.

Get ko'd by a hof fighter that you fought four times and all of a sudden you are a bum. :beli:

He said:
Proof or these sparring ass whippings never happened

I post 1 link where Ruslan Provodnikov HIMSELF is saying he was getting that work, and another where Freddie Roach is confirming that he had Prov rocking a Riddell helmet in the ring during sparring with Manny in order to decrease further damage, and Skip disappears on us:heh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
As for Tim, yes, he does have the tools to bother Floyd...but I still wouldnt give him much more of a chance than Canelo or Guerrero. Tim is a tough fighter but he is not as skilled as Zab was. Doesnt have that kind of power or speed. Its arguable that he has the boxing skill of Zab....definitely not as good a defense. He does have the focus and game plan that was always absent in Zab's career.

I am not saying Floyd is unbeatable....I just think Tim would get outboxed and I can also see Floyd hurting him pretty bad. Maybe Bradley wins some early rounds if Floyd comes out cautious....thats about the best I could see him doing.
:camby: I respect your opinion but cmon breh. Bradley's D>>>>>>>Zab's Bradley wins more rounds than Canelo and Guerrero combined (I think floyd would win 8-4 or 7-5). But if the current boogeyman of 140-147 couldn't finish off Bradley you think Floyd would?? It should be noted I'm a stan of floyd's boxing skills.