Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how the fukk can yall hate on Tim Bradley @patscorpio not included

Bradley made good points but I would have to disagree with him about Mosley. maybe he forgot about Zab....who was obviously the fastest fighter Floyd ever faced. Zab may have always been faster than Floyd and Shane. Zab troubled Floyd as well and made him employ different tactics. I never thought Shane bothered Floyd except for that one good shot. Even after that shot, I was thinking if he didnt knock Floyd out, he was gonna get a real whipping and thats just what happened. Floyd is a safety first fighter but he dont wanna lose. He will kick in another gear if he feels threatened like against Shane and Zab.

As for Tim, yes, he does have the tools to bother Floyd...but I still wouldnt give him much more of a chance than Canelo or Guerrero. Tim is a tough fighter but he is not as skilled as Zab was. Doesnt have that kind of power or speed. Its arguable that he has the boxing skill of Zab....definitely not as good a defense. He does have the focus and game plan that was always absent in Zab's career.

I am not saying Floyd is unbeatable....I just think Tim would get outboxed and I can also see Floyd hurting him pretty bad. Maybe Bradley wins some early rounds if Floyd comes out cautious....thats about the best I could see him doing.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would never ever want to see that fight, but even Molina is more deserving than Khan. :russ:

Khan's people are going about a Floyd fight the wrong way. He needs to take a risk and let the chips fall where they may. Thats the way it used to be done. Different scenario, but Stevenson didnt have to fight Boone, he already had the Dawson fight. Khan shouldve fought Alexander. If not Alexander, he needs to fight someone of note. The problem is....Swift dont wanna fight him again and neither does Maidana. They dont need him.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Khan's people are going about a Floyd fight the wrong way. He needs to take a risk and let the chips fall where they may. Thats the way it used to be done. Different scenario, but Stevenson didnt have to fight Boone, he already had the Dawson fight. Khan shouldve fought Alexander. If not Alexander, he needs to fight someone of note. The problem is....Swift dont wanna fight him again and neither does Maidana. They dont need him.

Exactly..even if he didn't want to fight Alexander, he could have fought a Brook or even a Cano. I mean he seriously want nikkas to believe he's about that life with that performance from the Julio fight.

Honestly, I think the old Roach Khan would have blasted Diaz out with high output combinations, but this thinking man's Khan is just a sitting duck for anybody who's willing to throw bombs.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly..even if he didn't want to fight Alexander, he could have fought a Brook or even a Cano. I mean he seriously want nikkas to believe he's about that life with that performance from the Julio fight.

Honestly, I think the old Roach Khan would have blasted Diaz out with high output combinations, but this thinking man's Khan is just a sitting duck for anybody who's willing to throw bombs.

I cant imagine how hard Showtime, TMT, GBP are thinking right now. Floyd really has no legitimate choices when looking at intrigue or worthiness. The best choices for his next fight that I see for him are the least likely at this point. Thats Bradley and Manny.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I would never ever want to see that fight, but even Molina is more deserving than Khan. :russ:

cosigns I fukks with Molina and I think he's one hell of a spoiler but he would be shut out on the cards against Floyd..on top of that its not a PPV worthy fight in any way

thats Floyd's biggest problem..he didn't run out of opponents; he ran out of ppv worthy opponents..the ones he can make a fight with would only be feasible to air on regular showtime..I don't know why he doesn't go that route

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cosigns I fukks with Molina and I think he's one hell of a spoiler but he would be shut out on the cards against Floyd..on top of that its not a PPV worthy fight in any way

thats Floyd's biggest problem..he didn't run out of opponents; he ran out of ppv worthy opponents..the ones he can make a fight with would only be feasible to air on regular showtime..I don't know why he doesn't go that route

because they are about cashing the biggest checks and Showtime ante'd up. if not for that, I can say Floyd would likely be retired already. there are a couple of solutions though. call a temporary truce to the cold war or GBP stack undercards instead of trying to make separate PPV stars like Broner. Broner still a viable undercard PPV fighter...he just wasnt ready to headline.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

On some real shyt...Floyd is at that level where he could fight somebody like Maidana on regular CBS national tv and make a huge triple header out of it by putting Thurman and Santa Cruz on there and really bring boxing back to the mainstream. shyt would be crazy.

There's no need to force nikkas into being ppv stars when they not ready.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
On some real shyt...Floyd is at that level where he could fight somebody like Maidana on regular CBS national tv and make a huge triple header out of it by putting Thurman and Santa Cruz on there and really bring boxing back to the mainstream. shyt would be crazy.

There's no need to force nikkas into being ppv stars when they not ready.

exactly I agree..shyt would get crazy ratings im sure... Oscar did something similar when he faced steve forbes and im sure it didn't hurt his pockets

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
exactly I agree..shyt would get crazy ratings im sure... Oscar did something similar when he faced steve forbes and im sure it didn't hurt his pockets

I think Oscar fought Forbes on regular HBO, but still point taken.

It's time these nikkas started giving back. fukking least they could do since we ain't a getting a Manny fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it would re-revolutionize the sport. it would rejuvenate it as well. the problem is, too many people want to get paid x-amount of dollars. thats what fukks with that scenario.
Floyd could do it. He could be credited to bringing boxing back to the masses...but he aint the type of guy to want to do that.

this is the reason why Boxing is basically a dying sport. the only thread we hold on to is generational stars like Floyd, Oscar, Roy, Tyson, SRL, Ali. stars like them have kept the sport afloat but only in temporary bursts.

truth be told....that Broner-Maidana fight wouldve been perfect for CBS. there also comes a stigma and pressure from MMA and WWE. if you making so much on PPVs per year why go to network tv? I think the first fight I remember seeing was c00ney vs Norton. Yeah, it was tape-delay, but even that would help propagate the sport. Don King was doing this a few years ago with his PPVs.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Oscar fought Forbes on regular HBO, but still point taken.

It's time these nikkas started giving back. fukking least they could do since we ain't a getting a Manny fight.

nikkas aint tryin to hear that giving back shyt. the sport is what it is because of greed. plain and simple. no one wants to get "pimped". even though they likely wouldnt, its all about the perception that they would.