Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Btw how many people here have ever tried to do the shoulder roll?

I was just doing some friendly sparring with my homeboy last week. Had him fire at will on me. That shyt had me with the :merchant: look the whole time.

That's why I have the utmost respect for anybody that uses that shyt effectively in boxing :wow:

If you have big delts it's makes life a lot easier if you plan on doing it. :smugbiden:

You ever notice when they show Floyd getting ready for fights on 24/7 or All Access they only time he is ever using heavy weight exercises is for shoulder press? That's why.

A Big delt makes it seem like there is even less of a target (from the opponents view)

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
If you have big delts it's makes life a lot easier if you plan on doing it. :smugbiden:

You ever notice when they show Floyd getting ready for fights on 24/7 or All Access they only time he is ever using heavy weight exercises is for shoulder press? That's why.

A Big delt makes it seem like there is even less of a target (from the opponents view)
How could you box (in the basement or at the gym) and not have huge delts?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:what: It's very possible.

genetics play a big role in muscle size as well, at the gym I used to go to I noticed South American heads usually have :flabbynsick: delts/traps
gotta say im surprised, I would just think the amount of shoulder usage in boxing would give any boxer huge delts

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
i have not breh
yeah man try wrapping your wrist. create like a X on the wrist,come around the knuckle then around the wrist....

also for those who have knuckle problems or cheap ass gloves:heh:.. buy some sponges to put under your wraps. depending on the sponge you might have to wet it..(no homillz)

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Btw how many people here have ever tried to do the shoulder roll?

I was just doing some friendly sparring with my homeboy last week. Had him fire at will on me. That shyt had me with the :merchant: look the whole time.

That's why I have the utmost respect for anybody that uses that shyt effectively in boxing :wow:

When I used to box, I used to fukk with that stance heavy either southpaw or conventional. I got real broad shoulders so that shyt felt natural. Best advice I can give you is to have your stance on point.
- Don't square up.
-Your fighting stance even when you're not doing the shoulder roll should only give your opponent half a target. This is hard because so many people learn this way at first, but eventually always kinda square themselves up when they box.
-Pivots and subtle footwork are your friend. That shyt helps you maneuver out of the way a lot easier than just solely relying on reflexes. Have someone throw punches at you and you defend in circles, by using your back leg to pivot. At first the circles might be big, but eventually you should be able to make them small enough where you can counter right back effectively.

It's easier to pinpoint the flaws and correct a stance by looking at it in motion so my bad if what I said ain't too helpful.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
When I used to box, I used to fukk with that stance heavy either southpaw or conventional. I got real broad shoulders so that shyt felt natural. Best advice I can give you is to have your stance on point.
- Don't square up.
-Your fighting stance even when you're not doing the shoulder roll should only give your opponent half a target. This is hard because so many people learn this way at first, but eventually always kinda square themselves up when they box.
-Pivots and subtle footwork are your friend. That shyt helps you maneuver out of the way a lot easier than just solely relying on reflexes. Have someone throw punches at you and you defend in circles, by using your back leg to pivot. At first the circles might be big, but eventually you should be able to make them small enough where you can counter right back effectively.

It's easier to pinpoint the flaws and correct a stance by looking at it in motion so my bad if what I said ain't too helpful.

good post

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Roy looks like a clown targeting MMA fighters, knowing boxing wouldn't allow a guy with 65 fights to fight a guy in his pro debut.

plus no current mma fighter i know has pro level type boxing skills to even bother roy...but hey he's trying to get his money somehow in the US lol