Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I feel where you coming from, but you gotta remember that Manny doesn't really promote his own fukkery like that. Those in the know just know that it exists and keep it moving. Nobody is putting a gun to Floyd's head and saying, "Burn that 100 dollar bill in front of the club." "Make endless videos disrespecting a nikka that you won't fight for whatever reason, and etc..." Floyd promotes a lot of his own fukkery and negativity himself. Yeah he'll be on some positive shyt too, but then he'll end that positive streak by doing some stupid shyt that doesn't look good to the masses.

You can't do shyt that people dislike constantly on purpose in order to get a rise out of people to sell ppvs and then complain when that's all people will focus on. Floyd and some of this stans try to have it both ways. The article you posted was a bit much in the praise worthy department of Pacquiao, but to me it's always been clear that Floyd is jealous of Manny. His words and actions have shown that throughout the years. Why belittle your biggest rivals accomplishments if you really plan on fighting dude? All the PED accusations and disses just seem like dude couldn't stand the fact that Manny was getting just as much shine as he was getting. If he knows he's the better, more skilled, and richer fighter of the two, why always diss the nikka and bring him up. I'm not saying Manny don't talk shyt, but it's always an indifferent vibe he gives about it, whereas you hear Floyd and you know that nikka passionate as fukk with what he's saying like he's obsessed with dude.

Just my opinion on how I perceive shyt from an already tired and beaten down subject which I already know certain nikkas will disagree with.

I dont think Floyd is jealous of Manny Pacquiao at all. There is nothing Manny has done that Floyd should be "jealous" of. Floyd's richer, no "money issues", undefeated, highest grossing PPV star of this era, calls his own shots, world famous, never been knocked out, talked about as possibly the greatest EVER at his particular craft......what would he be jealouls of?

I do think Floyd is annoyed with Pac however. Probably thinks he doesnt deserve to be mentioned with him, because of the things I've stated above....and I can feel that on his side even though I believe Manny earned his way to the top just like Floyd. Floyd's just been more successful

I'ma sit back though and see what other posters in here have to say though

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Asking for a divorce 2 hours before a massive fight.
Typical
bytch
shyt
:dead:

I know right? Then argue with him long enough to where he only has 10 minutes to get dressed and warmed up with his trainer before getting in the ring with a guy who's trying his hardest to knock his head off:snoop:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I dont think Floyd is jealous of Manny Pacquiao at all. There is nothing Manny has done that Floyd should be "jealous" of. Floyd's richer, no "money issues", undefeated, highest grossing PPV star of this era, calls his own shots, world famous, never been knocked out, talked about as possibly the greatest EVER at his particular craft......what would he be jealouls of?

I do think Floyd is annoyed with Pac however. Probably thinks he doesnt deserve to be mentioned with him, because of the things I've stated above....and I can feel that on his side even though I believe Manny earned his way to the top just like Floyd. Floyd's just been more successful

I'ma sit back though and see what other posters in here have to say though

I don't think Floyd should be jealous of Manny, but his actions and words come off like the shyt you would hear from a jealous or insecure nikka. Like he just can't stand the fact that someone else is at the top with him, but at the end of the day he's allowing it by not fighting Manny and pushing him off that ledge.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
CompuBox's Lists The Top Performers of 2013

Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73119#ixzz2ohtl43sC
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
By CompuBox

MOST TOTAL PUNCHES LANDED IN A ROUND

76- James Kirkland (KO 6 Glen Tapia, 12/7/13, round four)
A CompuBox junior middleweight record. That's 25 landed punches per minute. Jr. Middle. avg. is 17 punches landed per round. Kirkland also landed 65 punches in round three vs. Tapia.

71 - Gennady Golovkin (KO 8 Curtis Stevens, 11/2/13, round eight)#2 all time for middlweights, second only to Mike McCallum's 93 landed punches vs. Nicky Walker in round five. Middleweight avg. is 18 landed per round.)

MOST POWER PUNCHES LANDED IN A ROUND

73 - James Kirkland (KO 6 Glen Tapia, 12/7/13, round four)Another CompuBox jr. middle. record. That's an amazing 6X the wgt. class avg. of 12 power shots landed per round. Kirkland also landed 61 power punches in round three and 58 in round five.

64- Adrian Granados (KO 6 Mark Salser, 8/16/13, round five)Granados landed 64 power shots despite getting knocked down in the fifth round.

MOST TOTAL PUNCHES THROWN IN A ROUND

151 - Jesus Soto Karass (KO 12 Andre Berto, 7/27/13, round four)
Soto Karass also threw 144 punches in round five.

150- Adrian Granados (KO 6 Mark Salser, 8/16/13, round five)
Granados threw 150 power shots despite getting knocked down in the fifth round.

MOST POWER PUNCHES THROWN IN A ROUND

130- James Kirkland ((KO 6 Glen Tapia, 12/7/13, round four)
That's nearly 100 more power punches thrown than the wgt. class avg. Kirkland also threw 117 power shots in round five.

129- Adrian Granados (KO 6 Mark Salser, 8/16/13, round five)129 of Granados' 150 thrown punches in round five were power shots.

MOST TOTAL PUNCHES LANDED IN A FIGHT

483 - Evgeny Gradovich (W 12 Javier Munoz, 7/27/13)
Gradovich crashes the elusive 400-plus club (400 or more punches landed in a title fight) by landing an avg. of 40 punches per round, more than double the 126-lb average. 483 total punches landed is #3 all time for featherweights in CompuBox's 28 year history.

MOST TOTAL PUNCHES THROWN IN A FIGHT

1331 - Evgeny Gradovich (W 12 Javier Munoz, 7/27/13)
Gradovich avg'd 111 punches thrown per round, nearly double the 126-lb average.

1324 - Jesus Soto Karass (KO 12 Andre Berto, 7/27/13)
That's 110 thrown per round.

MOST POWER PUNCHES LANDED IN A FIGHT

450 - Omar Figueroa (W 12 Nihito Arakawa, 7/27/13)
That's 38 power shots landed per round- three times the wgt. class avg. and 100 more landed than #2 for the year, 361, by Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Brian Viloria (4/6/13).

MOST POWER PUNCHES THROWN IN A FIGHT

960 - Nihito Arakawa (L 12 Omar Figueroa, 7/27/13)That's 80 power shots thrown per round, nearly 3x the wgt. class avg. Nihito threw 960 power shots despite getting hit with 450 power shots by Figueroa. Arakawa landed 266 power shots vs. Figueroa.

AVG. POWER PUNCHES LANDED PER ROUND

54 - James Kirkland (KO 6 Glen Tapia, 12/7/13)
Kirkland landed 287 power punches in 15 minutes , 38 seconds of fighting. That's 19 landed power punches per minute. The jr. middleweight avg. is 12 landed power punches per round. That's 16 more landed per round than runner-up Figueroa's 38.

38- Omar Figueroa (W 12 Nihito Arakawa, 7/27/13)

AVG. POWER PUNCHES THROWN PER ROUND

110- James Kirkland (KO 6 Glen Tapia, 12/7/13)
More than 3x the wgt. class avg. of 34 power punches thrown per round.

760- Omar Figueroa W 12 Nihito Arakawa (7/27/13)
That's 63 combined punches landed per round, 25 more per round than the combined lightweight avg. Figueroa landed 40 punches per round. Arakawa landed 23 per round.

749 - Evgeny Gradovich W 12 Mauricio Munoz (7/27/13)
Gradovich landed 40 punches per round- doublet eh lightweight avg. Munoz landed 22 per round.

MOST COMBINED POWER PUNCHES LANDED IN A FIGHT

716- Omar Figueroa W 12 Nihito Arakawa (7/27/13)
That's 60 combined power punches landed per round, 32 more than the combined lightweight avg. Figueroa landed 38 power punches per round. Arakawa landed 22 per round. 716 of their combined 760 landed punches (94%) were power shots. That's 192 more combined punches landed (16 per round) than runner-up Gradovich W12 Munoz.

524 - Evgeny Gradovich W 12 Javier Munoz (7/27/13)

MOST COMBINED TOTAL PUNCHES THROWN IN A FIGHT

2154- Evgeny Gradovich W 12 Mauricio Munoz (7/27/13)
That's 180 combined punches thrown per round- 55 more than the combined lightweight avg.

2112- Omar Figueroa W 12 Nihito Arakawa

MOST COMBINED POWER PUNCHES THROWN IN A FIGHT

1754 - Omar Figueroa W 12 Nihito Arakawa
83% of their combined thrown punches were power shots. Lightweight avg.: 61% of combined punches are power shots. They combined to throw 439 more power shots (37 per round) than runner up Mendez D 12 Ushmanee.

1315 - Argenis Mendez D 12 Arash Usmanee

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:wtf:Kirkland landing Fight Night levels of power punches. Got dayum.

I still think a Floyd fight would be big business, but everybody still caught up in the Manny fukkery. :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:wtf:Kirkland landing Fight Night levels of power punches. Got dayum.

I still think a Floyd fight would be big business, but everybody still caught up in the Manny fukkery. :snoop:

i would entertain a floyd/kirkland fight but kirkland has to beat someone meaningful at 154 first and keep his ass out of trouble

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i would entertain a floyd/kirkland fight but kirkland has to beat someone meaningful at 154 first and keep his ass out of trouble

I think Kirkland in the grand scheme of things has done enough to earn a big fight. nikkas getting title shots for less. He was due for one after thrashing Angulo, but then they make him fight Molina for another eliminator :dahell:

As of now he definitely has more momentum than Khan does, but one more decent fight at 154 wouldn't hurt Kirkland. In a perfect world he'd finish off Trout or K9, but with all the politics going on who knows. Last I heard is they thinking about getting him a fight with GGG in April. I think that's a bad move for both dudes though.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think Kirkland in the grand scheme of things has done enough to earn a big fight. nikkas getting title shots for less. He was due for one after thrashing Angulo, but then they make him fight Molina for another eliminator :dahell:

As of now he definitely has more momentum than Khan does, but one more decent fight at 154 wouldn't hurt Kirkland. In a perfect world he'd finish off Trout or K9, but with all the politics going on who knows. Last I heard is they thinking about getting him a fight with GGG in April. I think that's a bad move for both dudes though.

well it didnt help that molina beat that ass and was rescued with that bs DQ..k9 is in another bullshyt eliminator..it should be k9-kirkland i agree..if kirkland faces GGG he is getting ko'd for sure..kirkland's thing is to eat punches and come forward...i cant see GGG not knocking his head off

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
well it didnt help that molina beat that ass and was rescued with that bs DQ..if kirkland faces GGG he is getting ko'd for sure..kirkland's thing is to eat punches and come forward...i cant see GGG not knocking his head off

I think Kirkland had an off night with Molina. In addition Molina has a bad style and fought like Dr. Octopus that night. I feel the bs DQ robbed everybody though. Kirkland was on his way to turning it around and Molina could have very well survived the upcoming onslaught and won a decision. It's similar to how that fukking wanker of a ref ruined the Froch/Groves fight.

I feel GGG would stop Kirkland too, but I think he's passed the point of beating up on 154lber's by now and that a victory over James won't do to much to rise his stock. There's also the slim chance of Kirkland acting taking that beating and willing his way to a victory. I wouldn't risk it on either side.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I would rather see Canelo vs Kirkland first.

I still dont know why James Kirkland turned down that fight:snoop:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I would rather see Canelo vs Kirkland first.

I still dont know why James Kirkland turned down that fight:snoop:

He had a slight injury to his shoulder, and agreed at first, but then figured he should be getting more money and said fukk it. He knew he was being brought in to be an opponent and wanted to be fully compensated since he wasn't at 100%. I can't blame him even though I wanted to see that fight as well. Canelo got all types of breaks that year. Ortiz lost and Punisher and Kirkland, all had to withdraw for various reasons and he ending up fighting Lopez. :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He had a slight injury to his shoulder, and agreed at first, but then figured he should be getting more money and said fukk it. He knew he was being brought in to be an opponent and wanted to be fully compensated since he wasn't at 100%. I can't blame him even though I wanted to see that fight as well. Canelo got all types of breaks that year. Ortiz lost and Punisher and Kirkland, all had to withdraw for various reasons and he ending up fighting Lopez. :snoop:

i get :to: when i think of us missing the chance to see the punisher beat canelo down to his first defeat..canelo no stamina having self was about to get that work :birdman: