Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Maidana would be a tougher fight than Bradley. I don't ever want to see Floyd fight Bradley other than Floyd giving him the Marquez treatment for a whole 12 rounds to give that man his first L. Bradley is completely over rated to me. Bradley wouldn't get passed Garcia or Khan.

I think the only reason Floyd is scared. I just think he knows he wouldn't look as good against someone like Pac even if he wins.. Floyd would always look like he's running the entire 12 rounds even and picking his shots into a "boring" win and no matter what, he would get looked as being scared even with a ugly W. Floyd aint about to exchange blows with that man but then again, Ariza aint in that corner anymore. :mjpls:… pacman been looking shaky ever since Ariza left that corny baby….

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I never said top 5 that was Amare right hook

Ward gets #2 for cleaning out 168....Swift cleans out 140 N gets #10??

Your criteria for P4P includes things these nikkas did years ago N doesn't really penalize them for Ls that's where we differ
Where would you put Swift?

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think Maidana would be a tougher fight than Bradley. I don't ever want to see Floyd fight Bradley other than Floyd giving him the Marquez treatment for a whole 12 rounds to give that man his first L. Bradley is completely over rated to me. Bradley wouldn't get passed Garcia or Khan.

I think the only reason Floyd is scared. I just think he knows he wouldn't look as good against someone like Pac even if he wins.. Floyd would always look like he's running the entire 12 rounds even and picking his shots into a "boring" win and no matter what, he would get looked as being scared even with a ugly W. Floyd aint about to exchange blows with that man but then again, Ariza aint in that corner anymore. :mjpls:… pacman been looking shaky ever since Ariza left that corny baby….
Get all the way the fukk out of here

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bradley would box the shyt out of Garcia and SD him. And, he'd UD Khan widely, can't see Khan winning more than 2 rounds.
Bradley would give floyd his best fight in quite some time

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Poll on Ring Magazine website

What should be Adrien Broner's next move after his first loss to Marcos Maidana?
  • Drop down to junior welterweight
    poll_bar.png
    39%
  • Immediate rematch wtih Maidana
    poll_bar.png
    21.4%
  • Drop down to lightweight
    poll_bar.png
    13.8%
  • Challenge IBF titleholder Shawn Porter
    poll_bar.png
    10.5%
  • Rematch with Paul Malignaggi
    poll_bar.png
    7.9%
  • Maidana rematch after tune-up fight(s)
    poll_bar.png
    7.3%

@Newzz

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
5-7 at the very lowest

25 yrs old undefeated WBC/WBA should be undisputed TWICE, cleaned out the division.... winning twice as the underdog...hasn't ducked anybody

I'm not putting nikkas who caught recent L's ahead of that:aicmon:
You frontin on me? I simply asked breh
Floyd
Timmay
AW
Rigo
Pac Man
Sergio
Swift
Klits
JMM
Mikey G

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You frontin on me? I simply asked breh
Floyd
Timmay
AW
Rigo
Pac Man
Sergio
Swift
Klits
JMM
Mikey G

Nah the:aicmon: was for that line of thinking of fighters like Froch or JMM on P4P ahead of undefeated fighters...while they recently lost N looked like shyt in victory...not directed at you

I got no problem with you list for maybe Manny

My line of thinkin is he was #2...loses to Bradley then loses to JMM...2 Ls in a row only drops you 3 spots to #5?? cuz that Rios W doesnt do anything for you
:yeshrug:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Nah the:aicmon: was for that line of thinking of fighters like Froch or JMM on P4P ahead of undefeated fighters...while they recently lost N looked like shyt in victory...not directed at you

I got no problem with you list for maybe Manny

My line of thinkin is he was #2...loses to Bradley then loses to JMM...2 Ls in a row only drops you 3 spots to #5?? cuz that Rios W doesnt do anything for you
:yeshrug:
Ultimate boxing paradox right now.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Actually if you drop manny to seven sergio at 5 and swift at 6 that looks as good as it;s gonna get

That's pretty much what I got breh

Floyd
Ward
Timmy
Rigo
Sergio
Swift
Manny

Sergio hasn't lost so he stays top 5....Rigo high at 4 but his amateur pedigree, skills, N W over top 5 Donaire trumps his weak resume

I haven't finished the last slots of my list tho

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That's pretty much what I got breh

Floyd
Ward
Timmy
Rigo
Sergio
Swift
Manny

Sergio hasn't lost so he stays top 5....Rigo high at 4 but his amateur pedigree, skills, N W over top 5 Donaire trumps his weak resume

I haven't finished the last slots of my list tho
I switchup SOG and Timmy since SOG has fought so inactively recently

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Late to the party, but Dan Rafael dropped some serious heat in his chat on Friday:

* He expects Canelo's next fight to be vs. Angulo
* GGG's fight in April will most likely be vs Kirkland or Geale
* Garcia vs Guerrero is being discussed
* Chad Dawson could be moving to GBP
* Donaire likely to fight in April vs Nicholas Walters
* Negotiations have started to try and make Bradley vs Pacquiao for an April PPV (Bradley vs JMM 2 is not on the table).
* Wladimir K. wants to fight the winner of Stiverne-Areola 2
* Lara is being discussed in a rematch vs Molina on the Canelo undercard
* Hopkins vs Shumenov in March or April
* He expects Stevenson vs Kovalev to happen in 2014...but they definitely will fight a different opponent first before meeting up.
* 21 of the top 25 viewed fights were on HBO. HBO's numbers down 2%, Showtime's up 21% for the year.
* Mikey Garcia vs JC Burguos, Jan 25
* Larry Merchant was his same ole quirky self after the Broner-Maidana fight: "From humping to thumping, from billions to thousands, from performance artist to con artist, from the next Mayweather to the next Berto?"
:wow:

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Late to the party, but Dan Rafael dropped some serious heat in his chat on Friday:

* He expects Canelo's next fight to be vs. Angulo
* GGG's most likely fight in April will be Kirkland or Geale
* Garcia vs Guerrero is being discussed
* Chad Dawson could be moving to GBP
* Donaire likely to fight in April vs Nicholas Walters
* Negotiations have started to try and make Bradley vs Pacquiao for an April PPV (Bradley vs JMM 2 is not on the table).
* Wladimir K. wants to fight the winner of Stiverne-Areola 2
* Lara is being discussed in a rematch vs Molina on the Canelo undercard
* Hopkins vs Shumenov in March or April
* He expects Stevenson vs Kovalev to happen in 2014...but they definitely will fight a different opponent first before meeting up.
* 21 of the top 25 viewed fights were on HBO. HBO's numbers down 2%, Showtime's up 21% for the year.
* Mikey Garcia vs JC Burguos, Jan 25
* Larry Merchant was his same ole quirky self after the Broner-Maidana fight: "From humping to thumping, from billions to thousands, from performance artist to con artist, from the next Mayweather to the next Berto?"
:wow:
Canelo is a chump and a fraud.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Pound For Pound Rankings with explanations for the ones that I assume would likely get the most :dahell: reactions:

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Wladimir Klitschko - been dominating the heavyweight division for over a decade and hasn't lost since 2004; regardless of the state of the division that can't be ignored
3. Andre Ward
4. Timothy Bradley
5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
6. Danny Garcia
7. Sergio Martinez - his inactivity is why I have him at a lower ranking
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Gennady Golovkin
10. Adonis Stevenson - he has been owning the Light-Heavyweight division and barely breaking a sweat doing it