Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
Pound For Pound Rankings with explanations for the ones that I assume would likely get the most :dahell: reactions:

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Wladimir Klitschko - been dominating the heavyweight division for over a decade and hasn't lost since 2004; regardless of the state of the division that can't be ignored
3. Andre Ward
4. Timothy Bradley
5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
6. Danny Garcia
7. Sergio Martinez - his inactivity is why I have him at a lower ranking
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Gennady Golovkin
10. Adonis Stevenson - he has been owning the Light-Heavyweight division and barely breaking a sweat doing it

:russ:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Pound For Pound Rankings with explanations for the ones that I assume would likely get the most :dahell: reactions:

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Wladimir Klitschko - been dominating the heavyweight division for over a decade and hasn't lost since 2004; regardless of the state of the division that can't be ignored
3. Andre Ward
4. Timothy Bradley
5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
6. Danny Garcia
7. Sergio Martinez - his inactivity is why I have him at a lower ranking
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Gennady Golovkin
10. Adonis Stevenson - he has been owning the Light-Heavyweight division and barely breaking a sweat doing it

I would swap Stevenson and Martinez. But I agree with your list. I do think BHop deserves to be in there. But the question is, where?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I would swap Stevenson and Martinez. But I agree with your list. I do think BHop deserves to be in there. But the question is, where?
I thought about BHop but couldn't see taking anyone off the list to put him on.
And I debated having Sergio lower too.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
1RnI3qa.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Shawn "Pound 4 Pound" Porter wants to fight Marcos Maidana next:youngsabo:

I think that would be an entertaining scrap and if Mayweather/Khan happens in May, I wouldnt mind that fight being on the card over Canelo/Angulo

Mayweather vs Khan
Maidana vs Porter
Garcia vs Malignaggi
Broner vs Judah

:patrice:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Shawn "Pound 4 Pound" Porter wants to fight Marcos Maidana next:youngsabo:

I think that would be an entertaining scrap and if Mayweather/Khan happens in May, I wouldnt mind that fight being on the card over Canelo/Angulo

Mayweather vs Khan
Maidana vs Porter
Garcia vs Malignaggi
Broner vs Judah

:patrice:

You're the only one that thinks chinny asd Khan should fight Mayweather. I just don't understand why.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You're the only one that thinks chinny asd Khan should fight Mayweather. I just don't understand why.

Mayweather is gonna fight Khan, so it doesnt matter anyway.

My actual fight that I would prefer to see vs Mayweather is either Garcia or Thurman. Yes, I prefer Khan over Maidana, because the fight will be more entertaining with how their styles mesh. I believe the fight vs Maidana would be a snooze fest with Money May winning 11 or 12 rounds

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

My actual fight that I would prefer to see vs Mayweather is either Garcia or Thurman. Yes, I prefer Khan over Maidana, because the fight will be more entertaining with how their styles mesh. I believe the fight vs Maidana would be a snooze fest with Money May winning 11 or 12 rounds
I think that Mayweather/Khan is pretty much a done deal too. GBP seems to have upped Khan's exposure over the past few months with his public appearances and doing commentary on the Garcia/Judah card. GBP and Showtime seem to want this fight and they are ultimately the deciders of these things.

I don't think it would be smart for Danny or Thurman to step in the ring with Mayweather just yet. Danny is on track to build a pretty decent name for himself as a legit marquee star in his own right and being undefeated helps him in that regard while Thurman is way too early in his career to be stepping up to Floyd's level.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I think that Mayweather/Khan is pretty much a done deal too. GBP seems to have upped Khan's exposure over the past few months with his public appearances and doing commentary on the Garcia/Judah card. GBP and Showtime seem to want this fight and they are ultimately the deciders of these things.

I don't think it would be smart for Danny or Thurman to step in the ring with Mayweather just yet. Danny is on track to build a pretty decent name for himself as a legit marquee star in his own right and being undefeated helps him in that regard while Thurman is way too early in his career to be stepping up to Floyd's level.

Yeah, plus Khan was on 106 and Park talking about fighting Floyd:heh:

As far as Garcia and Thurman goes, I believe they are the 2 best matchups "available" as far as competitive fights for Mayweather. The casual fan may not be behind those fights however, bc they are both still relative unknowns.....especially in Thurman's case.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
What's next for Danny Garcia #swiftset?

He's saying that he wants to take another fight at 140lb before moving up to 147....who's left? I know Lamont Peterson is supposed to be fighting in January and Danny wants to fight again in March or April he said. I dont think Peterson will be available.

What about Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse 2?

It was a close fight that had Matthysse winning the early rounds and the fact that Garcia swole his eye, and the corner of Matthysse wasnt prepared with an end-swell, I think made a huge difference in the remainder of the fight (7th round and on).

Most judges I believe had the end score as 114-112 for Garcia, and that's including the added point for the knockdown, so it was a close fight. I'd like to see it again if Danny isnt gonna move up to 147 yet. Better than Garcia fighting Peterson or anyone else at 140:manny:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

I get it. But the one thing that Marcos did against ya boy that's going over looked is that he actually boxed. He cut off the ring. He feinted pretty well, which set up the right hand. And he countered in the later rounds. I'm not saying he would beat Mayweather, but with his style mixed in with the way he beat Broner, the shyt would be mad entertaining.

Thurman isn't ready. I say he's about 3 fights away. And Garcia should stick to 140.