Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
He been throwing shade on Swift all week :russ:

Why does Danny Garcia deserve to be ahead of anyone on that list?:comeon:

Don't let your biasness get in the way of the sport of Boxing. His resume does not make him a top 5 pound for pounder

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Don't let your biasness get in the way of the sport of Boxing. His resume does not make him a top 5 pound for pounder

Yet these guys deserve to be ahead of the undefeated (should be 2xs Undisputed) Champ?? :dwillhuh:

Carl Froch who took a L from Ward N looked like shyt agsinst Groves

Rigo with 13 fights N Only 1 name W

Marquez just Lost N doesn't look good unless he's fighting Pac

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Campbell
Morales twice
Khan
Zab
Mathhysse

Undisputed twice at 25...........

:comeon:

My list will be up tomorrow so I could mull some things over:demonic:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Yet these guys deserve to be ahead of the undefeated (should be 2xs Undisputed) Champ?? :dwillhuh:

Carl Froch who took a L from Ward N looked like shyt agsinst Groves

Rigo with 13 fights N Only 1 name W

Marquez just Lost N doesn't look good unless he's fighting Pac

But top 5 breh?:comeon:

You excluded Floyd, Ward, and Tim.....so no need for me to comment on them.

Danny's resume isnt touching Manny's either (who I have at #5 by the way)

Juan Manuel Marquez at #4 is who you brought up. JMM's last 10 fights he's 7-3 and consisted of him facing Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao twice, Timothy Bradley, Katsidis, Casomayor, Diaz twice, Fedchenko, and Ramos.

The 3 losses came to the, prime at the time, #1 and #2 P4Pers in the sport in Floyd and Manny and the #3 P4Per in his prime right now Bradley. Not bad losses at all. And the loss to Manny was arguably a robbery (I thought JMM won JMM vs Manny 3)

The 7 losses broke down like this. 5 of his victories were all by either KO or TKO (Pac, Katsidis, Casomayor, the first Diaz fight, and Ramos). The other 2 victories were complete ass whippings to Fedchenko and Diaz in the 2nd fight.

I know it's my opinion, but I cannot see where to put Danny in the top 5.

Rigo, I got at #7, but his potential imo is higher than Danny's. I dont see him losing any time soon and neither does anyone else who watches boxing. Only reason I have him so low, is because like you said, only 1 name on his resume. Skill wise, Rigo is top 3 in the world

As far as Froch....I only have him at #9. The reason I put him ahead of Garcia is because, Froch lost to the #2 P4P fighter in the world, Andre Ward. Other than that, he beat George Groves via TKO/Yusaf Mack/avenged his loss to Mikkel Kessler/Lucian Bute/Glen Johnson/Arthur Abraham/Andre Dirrell/Jermaine Taylor/Jean Pascal. Danny's resume isnt as strong as Froch's either:manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But top 5 breh?:comeon:

You excluded Floyd, Ward, and Tim.....so no need for me to comment on them.

Danny's resume isnt touching Manny's either (who I have at #5 by the way)

Juan Manuel Marquez at #4 is who you brought up. JMM's last 10 fights he's 7-3 and consisted of him facing Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao twice, Timothy Bradley, Katsidis, Casomayor, Diaz twice, Fedchenko, and Ramos.

The 3 losses came to the, prime at the time, #1 and #2 P4Pers in the sport in Floyd and Manny and the #3 P4Per in his prime right now Bradley. Not bad losses at all. And the loss to Manny was arguably a robbery (I thought JMM won JMM vs Manny 3)

The 7 losses broke down like this. 5 of his victories were all by either KO or TKO (Pac, Katsidis, Casomayor, the first Diaz fight, and Ramos). The other 2 victories were complete ass whippings to Fedchenko and Diaz in the 2nd fight.

I know it's my opinion, but I cannot see where to put Danny in the top 5.

Rigo, I got at #7, but his potential imo is higher than Danny's. I dont see him losing any time soon and neither does anyone else who watches boxing. Only reason I have him so low, is because like you said, only 1 name on his resume. Skill wise, Rigo is top 3 in the world

As far as Froch....I only have him at #9. The reason I put him ahead of Garcia is because, Froch lost to the #2 P4P fighter in the world, Andre Ward. Other than that, he beat George Groves via TKO/Yusaf Mack/avenged his loss to Mikkel Kessler/Lucian Bute/Glen Johnson/Arthur Abraham/Andre Dirrell/Jermaine Taylor/Jean Pascal. Danny's resume isnt as strong as Froch's either:manny:

I never said top 5 that was Amare right hook

Ward gets #2 for cleaning out 168....Swift cleans out 140 N gets #10??

Your criteria for P4P includes things these nikkas did years ago N doesn't really penalize them for Ls that's where we differ

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I never said top 5 that was Amare right hook

Ward gets #2 for cleaning out 168....Swift cleans out 140 N gets #10??

Your criteria for P4P includes things these nikkas did years ago N doesn't really penalize them for Ls that's where we differ

Where is Danny ranked on the "actual" pound for pound lists so I can see if Im far off in my slot for him?

And yall gotta make yall lists so we can all compare and contrast. Of course, my lists isn't the end all be all. Its just my opinion. I don't think having Danny at 10 is a slight when I have Wladimir at 8......and he's cleaned his division out probably twice already.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Yes. I think Floyd and Khan's style is a better matchup than Floyd vs Maidana. Maidana doesn't possess anything that can bother Floyd and he's slow.

It will be Guerrero, Canelo, Baldomir all over again:snoop:

Beating Broner means nothing, bc Floyd is is much more skilled, with much better defense, a much better counter puncher, with a much higher ring IQ.

I think this fight will be boring and non-entertaining. At least Khan brings foot and hand speed to the table and is also a better boxer than Maidana. Khan also brings potential excitement, being that he can possibly be KOd

@patscorpio....there is my reasoning breh:heh:

I would prefer Khan to Maidana
Foot and hand speed...well first off, Canelo and Guerrero have very fast hands, and Khan's feet have been less than stellar his entire career, especially when he's hit hard. Anyone can get potentially stopped so I don't understand the rationale there.

Now, breh, watch Maidana's last three bouts, then watch Khan's last three bouts..........and tell me the Khan you saw is even remotely close to beating the Maidana you saw.......

...and now try and explain this to the general public you're selling this fight to and the mass of boxing fans who'll have an important voice in spreading the word to casual fans as to why one guy is a better match-up than the other...

Because the 2010 Freddie Roach trained Khan no longer exists...he has no advantages, no large overseas fan base he claims to have and no legitimate claim to the Mayweather pay day from a achievement nor financial point of view.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Foot and hand speed...well first off, Canelo and Guerrero have very fast hands, and Khan's feet have been less than stellar his entire career, especially when he's hit hard. Anyone can get potentially stopped so I don't understand the rationale there.

Now, breh, watch Maidana's last three bouts, then watch Khan's last three bouts..........and tell me the Khan you saw is even remotely close to beating the Maidana you saw.......

...and now try and explain this to the general public you're selling this fight to and the mass of boxing fans who'll have an important voice in spreading the word to casual fans as to why one guy is a better match-up than the other...

Because the 2010 Freddie Roach trained Khan no longer exists...he has no advantages, no large overseas fan base he claims to have and no legitimate claim to the Mayweather pay day from a achievement nor financial point of view.

Im just tired of watching these no-hopers against Floyd. Why can't Danny just come up and fight him:bryan:

Why can't Bradley and Pacquiao be an option:bryan:

I just wanna see a good clean fight, and I believe less in Maidana than I did Guerrero against Floyd:to:

I know Maidana just beat Broner, but I don't think he's ready for Floyd. I'd rather see Floyd vs Thurman to be honest:manny:

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
60c19502686c11e38b20124d02dddc8c_8_zps38199db9.jpg

91a7b81c68ae11e3957512f7cf5a730f_8_zps798852a2.jpg

b6c54d966b7711e3bcfc12facb05b98c_8_zpsfe821bcd.jpg

:russ::dead:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Im just tired of watching these no-hopers against Floyd. Why can't Danny just come up and fight him:bryan:

Why can't Bradley and Pacquiao be an option:bryan:

I just wanna see a good clean fight, and I believe less in Maidana than I did Guerrero against Floyd:to:

I know Maidana just beat Broner, but I don't think he's ready for Floyd. I'd rather see Floyd vs Thurman to be honest:manny:
Cold War and Floyd saying he's not dealing with Arum deletes Bradley and Pacman.....Danny is the fight I want, then he can have Maidana/Thurman on the undercard and face the winner of that in September...