Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I get it. But the one thing that Marcos did against ya boy that's going over looked is that he actually boxed. He cut off the ring. He feinted pretty well, which set up the right hand. And he countered in the later rounds. I'm not saying he would beat Mayweather, but with his style mixed in with the way he beat Broner, the shyt would be mad entertaining.

I just cant take ANYTHING from what he did against Broner and put it towards Floyd. That's exactly what I was afraid of happening in the event that Maidana won.

Floyd is a better boxer, puncher, counter puncher, better jab, more defensive, ring general, ring IQ, adjustment maker, faster feet, faster hands, etc. There is nothing that Broner does on Floyd's level except he can throw punches in bunches (when he actually DOES let his hands go).

Floyd will pick Maidana apart and will make easy work of him. Just think to yourself, after facing Josesito Lopez, would you have even entertained the thought of Maidana fighting Floyd? Probably not.

Floyd vs Maidana is not a good fight imo. I wouldnt even favor Maidana over Robert Guerrero:manny:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
What's next for Danny Garcia #swiftset?

He's saying that he wants to take another fight at 140lb before moving up to 147....who's left? I know Lamont Peterson is supposed to be fighting in January and Danny wants to fight again in March or April he said. I dont think Peterson will be available.

What about Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse 2?

It was a close fight that had Matthysse winning the early rounds and the fact that Garcia swole his eye, and the corner of Matthysse wasnt prepared with an end-swell, I think made a huge difference in the remainder of the fight (7th round and on).

Most judges I believe had the end score as 114-112 for Garcia, and that's including the added point for the knockdown, so it was a close fight. I'd like to see it again if Danny isnt gonna move up to 147 yet. Better than Garcia fighting Peterson or anyone else at 140:manny:

That fight wasn't that close at all breh

Oh yeah. I think the only person that could beat Floyd is Thurman.

:heh:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh yeah. I think the only person that could beat Floyd is Thurman.

This is an example of how easy it is to hype a boxer up & fool the general public.

I think Thurman is a great talent, but why not let him beat a top tier guy first?

Your already think he could beat Floyd based off wins against guys he's suppose to look good against?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
That fight wasn't that close at all breh
I had to go back and pull up some articles on the fight, because I was going on memory.
The judges all had it for Garcia,115-111, 114-112 and 114-112. ESPN.com also had it 114-112.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9675153/danny-garcia-defeats-lucas-matthysse-unanimous-decision
Garcia seemed well on his way to losing the fight to Matthysse (34-3, 32 KOs), known as one of the biggest punchers in the sport. Matthysse was in control and was dictating the tenor of the bout he was favored to win. But then as he usually does, Garcia rallied. The comeback started after Garcia closed Matthysse's right eye in the seventh round. Matthysse couldn't see Garcia's powerful left hooks coming and paid for it. Garcia began to dial in with power shots, and his confidence seemed to grow with each round as he whittled away at Matthysse's lead.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-garcia-lucas-matthysse-welterweight/2815319/

That's a close fight to me:manny:

Who else can Garcia fight at 140? I think Garcia vs Matthysse 2 would be a lucrative payday for him and Matthysse is still clearly the #2 fighter at 140. Garcia can go in there and beat him again and leave 140 as there would be nothing left for him there:yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
This is an example of how easy it is to hype a boxer up & fool the general public.

I think Thurman is a great talent, but why not let him beat a top tier guy first?

Your already think he could beat Floyd based off wins against guys he's suppose to look good against?

I think Keith Thurman should be moved up against either Maidana or Guerrero next. If he beats either one of them, he should be in position for a Floyd fight

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

A little bit of that. But mostly from admiring his skill set. Right now I view him as a poor man's Andre Ward. He can fight any style and he's aggressive. Only thing I don't like is that he gets hit with unnecessary shotsm but that is something I think he will work on with time. But like I said I think he's about 3 fights away.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Garcia vs. the winner of Jean/Peterson wouldn't be a bad idea........I've called for the Matthysse rematch since September 15th, but Garcia's people want no parts of it cause, quite frankly, they don't have to :ld:

People have weird memories, but Matthysse was winning until his eye started closing up, then it was all downhill, but he fought his ass off in the final rounds...and that knockdown was off balance, trapped in the ropes nonsense. Try that shyt again :birdman:

Garcia/Lundy is actually appealing to me because when Lundy is on, he's one bad mufukka, just ask his last opponent Ajose
Garcia/Provodnikov, Khabib, Rios or Alvarado......Cold War
Garcia Matthysse 2.......should've been on the board immediately following the first fight but Garcia's people wanna take their close W and run, it's cool
Garcia/Postol-Aydin winner.......mandatory shot, so.......
Garcia/Peterson-Jean winner.......depends on how the winner looks
Garcia/Soto or DeMarco......starting to get desperate, but at least US boxing fans know who these fighters are
Garcia/Perez.......interim WBA champ who ended Spadafora's streak

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
114 -112 is very kind to Matthysse N includes the point deduction

There is absolutely zero reason for a rematch... muhfukkers already been down playing Lucas since he got his face rearranged... beating him again does nothing for Swift

There is only one reason to stay at 140 N its to FINALLY get that IBF belt...purely for legacy N the history books cuz we all know that's rightfully his belt on 2 different occasions

Move up to 147 fight a tune up like Cano, Lopez, Soto Karass, Paulie

Then big fight vs Guerrero, Ortiz, Maidana

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Garcia vs. the winner of Jean/Peterson wouldn't be a bad idea........I've called for the Matthysse rematch since September 15th, but Garcia's people want no parts of it cause, quite frankly, they don't have to :ld:

People have weird memories, but Matthysse was winning until his eye started closing up, then it was all downhill, but he fought his ass off in the final rounds...and that knockdown was off balance, trapped in the ropes nonsense. Try that shyt again :birdman:

Garcia/Lundy is actually appealing to me because when Lundy is on, he's one bad mufukka, just ask his last opponent Ajose
Garcia/Provodnikov, Khabib, Rios or Alvarado......Cold War
Garcia Matthysse 2.......should've been on the board immediately following the first fight but Garcia's people wanna take their close W and run, it's cool
Garcia/Postol-Aydin winner.......mandatory shot, so.......
Garcia/Peterson-Jean winner.......depends on how the winner looks
Garcia/Soto or DeMarco......starting to get desperate, but at least US boxing fans know who these fighters are
Garcia/Perez.......interim WBA champ who ended Spadafora's streak

I dont know why people try to rewrite history like Matthysse wasnt getting his shyt off too. It was no where near a "dominant" victory for Garcia, however, he did outbox Matthysse after he swole his eye up. The Matthysse corner wasnt prepared, so the swelling never subsided, and the rest is history. Danny took over the fight and earned a hard fought victory over Matthysse.

A rematch is the only OTHER fight that I could see happening for him at 140, besides the fight against Peterson for the 140 title which I have no problem with, because he deserves to unify the division and hold all the belts.

114 -112 is very kind to Matthysse N includes the point deduction

I've seen some people having it 5 rounds to 1 round in favor of Matthysse entering the 7th round (giving him rounds 1,2, 3, 5, and 6). I've also seen some people having it at 3 rounds to 3 rounds as a draw entering the 7th round (with Matthysse taking the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th rounds).

Either way, Garcia clearly won rounds 7-12 imo so it can be seen with Garcia winning by a wide margin.....9 rounds to 3 (116-110 including the point deduction) or closer at 7 rounds to 5 (114-112 including the point deduction and what 2 of the 3 judges scored the fight).

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I've been hearing alot of rumblings about a Swift/Ghost fight.

I would like Garcia to fight Peterson for a unification. However I wouldn't be mad at the former :manny:

Also, Paulie is definitely an option

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I've been hearing alot of rumblings about a Swift/Ghost fight.

I would like Garcia to fight Peterson for a unification. However I wouldn't be mad at the former :manny:

Also, Paulie is definitely an option

Garcia vs Guerrero?:ehh:

I like that fight.