Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
On another note, Floyd is really trying to stack his undercard isn't he?:heh:

He's said both Canelo AND AB should be on his card in May. That would be very interesting:ohhh:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ellerbe trained Floyd for the Baldomir fight. Ellerbe has been with Floyd jr since the mid 90s. He knows Floyd. He is capable of training & conditioning fighters. I'm not gonna sit here & say he's a world class trainer because he isn't, but your gonna learn some things being in the gym with the mayweathers for 15 plus years. He has conditioned other fighters like Hasim Rahman & a few of the tmt guys in the past.

Roach is a great trainer who will have you in shape & moving your hands, but I have real concerns about Broner's chin against world class fighters. I am very aware Maidana hits hard, but I didn't like the way Broner reacted anytime he got in that fight.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On another note, Floyd is really trying to stack his undercard isn't he?:heh:

He's said both Canelo AND AB should be on his card in May. That would be very interesting:ohhh:

Floyd has been pushing Canelo-Molina because I believe TMT has options on Molina for agreeing to the Ishe fight from my understanding. That's why Floyd has pushed that fight numerous times in interviews. Just being a businessman.

AB is a draw some of course he wants him on the undercard.

That PPV will need to have a stacked undercard because it doesn't matter who Floyd faces next. There isn't a WW capable of beating him.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Floyd has been pushing Canelo-Molina because I believe TMT has options on Molina for agreeing to the Ishe fight from my understanding. That's why Floyd has pushed that fight numerous times in interviews. Just being a businessman.

AB is a draw some of course he wants him on the undercard.

That PPV will need to have a stacked undercard because it doesn't matter who Floyd faces next. There isn't a WW capable of beating him.

Stacked Floyd cards = Win for Boxing fans:ohlawd:

Thank you Floyd:to:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ellerbe trained Floyd for the Baldomir fight. Ellerbe has been with Floyd jr since the mid 90s. He knows Floyd. He is capable of training & conditioning fighters. I'm not gonna sit here & say he's a world class trainer because he isn't, but your gonna learn some things being in the gym with the mayweathers for 15 plus years. He has conditioned other fighters like Hasim Rahman & a few of the tmt guys in the past.

Roach is a great trainer who will have you in shape & moving your hands, but I have real concerns about Broner's chin against world class fighters. I am very aware Maidana hits hard, but I didn't like the way Broner reacted anytime he got in that fight.

I will have to respectfully say I dont have much of an issue with Broner's chin. He was taking shots from a puncher at a weight he hasnt fully saturated in at yet. One reason he didnt react well in the beginning is because he was dry. Also, he was moving backwards with his hands down and his chin up. Once he warmed up he took the shots better. In the 8th round, he just got caught squared up. While he shouldnt make a habit of taking shots, I see his main issue with his KDs as being poor defense. He defense in that fight was amateurish as hell. He basically fights like that all the time but his bad habits cost him against a guy who could make him pay for those bad habits. So I am much more concerned with his technical flaws than his chin.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stacked Floyd cards = Win for Boxing fans:ohlawd:

Thank you Floyd:to:

Axx4JLk.png

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Great year of boxing brehs. Anybody think 2014 can pick up from here or no place to go but down?

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He was arrested fro laying hands on this his boxer chick girlfriend Melissa st Vil. and it was the Baldomir match Ellerbe trained Floyd

melissa-st-vil-4.jpg

bytch could get that work:whew:
she thick as a brick:wow:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
He was arrested fro laying hands on this his boxer chick girlfriend Melissa st Vil. and it was the Baldomir match Ellerbe trained Floyd

melissa-st-vil-4.jpg

bytch could get that work:whew:

No ass though:bryan:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I like the Mayweathers. I think Floyd Sr is one of the best out there, but he is not the best. Its hard to say who is the best because you have to look at how much success they add to a fighters career. In my time, I am partial to Emanuel Steward because I thought he had the best technical preparation and always used a fighters strengths in his game plan...even if it cause fights to be lackluster. Lennox was much more exciting before Steward but with Steward...he was nearly unbeatable. Same with Klitschko. The main thing is....he nurtured a lot of fighters from pups. A lot of those guys lived in his house...like Moorer and Lee. He really took a great interest in his fighters. He always had appropriate sparring. When Cintron was his fighter...he took him everywhere he went. Cintron, Banks, etc...they were always in camp with the Klitschkos. They usually fought on the undercards...so Steward kept them paid too. Manny loved boxing but he had a style that was distinctive of his training. Thomas Hearns right hand was from years of mechanic tutelage from Manny. He took that damn rec center and produced champions from it...like Kinty, McCrory. He worked with damn near everybody in the gym, from Toney, to Forrest, to Guzman. Manny Steward was the best trainer I seen in my time IMO. R.I.P. to a true legend.

ZBjP5pz.jpg

If you had a jab and you got to work with Manny you were half way there to being a champ.I really did think that him and Jerm Taylor would of been a match made in heaven, as he had the tools that Manny had moulded before with other fighters

I remember the look on his face in the build up to Naz/MAB fight, he was jsut :snoop: at the whole fukkery of the training camp when he was bought in as an advisor to help Suarez another :rip: