Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner's training situation is simple

Stafford is a good coach. He is not a Yoel Judah (a kickboxer), he's an actual coach. If Broner is willing to listen to him & let him have full control, there's no reason he shouldn't stay. I get tired of trainers who get bashed because they are unknown. There's a lot of good unknown trainers out there who will never make a name for themselves because they never had that one fighter to take them to the next level.

If Broner wants to fight like Mayweather, he needs a new trainer. This is actually something Broner's team should really look at. Broner's popularity started growing when he started using the shoulder roll. He became a more entertaining fighter. The shoulder roll is aesthetically pleasing to watch. They were able to market him as the next Mayweather. He can still get more viewers. That style is what's hot at the moment. However, since he's made a name for himself one could argue he should just abandon it. Eddie Mustafa Muhammad said he should get rid of it all together.

The biggest problem with Broner imo is not throwing enough punches. His defense can be improved, but he doesn't let his hands go enough. He gets outworked easily and it causes him to lose rounds he shouldn't.

Freddie Roach would be a good trainer for him imo

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I NEVER said getting a new trainer was a bad idea. I said that is not his only issue or his main issue. I also said Stafford is a good trainer but maybe he cant reach AB mentally and skill wise he has taught him everything he knows and now its time to learn from someone else. He can still win fights with Stafford...but I gave a bunch of scenarios like Shane, Roy, Zab, etc....being trained by their dads or someone close to them their whole life. I am a student of boxing and I know you cant get everything from one trainer.

Thats what Steve Collins said to why he had some many trainers in his career, so he could learn new things

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The biggest problem with Broner imo is not throwing enough punches. His defense can be improved, but he doesn't let his hands go enough. He gets outworked easily and it causes him to lose rounds he shouldn't.

Freddie Roach would be a good trainer for him imo

What about defence tho and I only say this, because Broner doesnt move as much. Which usually a Freddie fighters defence

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
What about defence tho and I only say this, because Broner doesnt move as much. Which usually a Freddie fighters defence

Broner can already slip punches. He doesn't move, which Roach can teach him, and also, Roach will have him letting his hands fly.

Look at Khan with Roach and with Hunter.....at least with Roach, he was blitzing people with hand speed and volume. Broner has very fast hands but doesn't work enough. Roach can fix that problem and teach Broner how to use his god given talents.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Were not shytting on the Mayweathers all yesterday, you cant have it both ways

not chitting on the Mayweather's but everything they say aint gospel and Stafford was right about some of the things he said about them. I just call it like I see it.
Sr was in that interview trying to figure out who he built from the ground up into a champion besides Floyd. he named Dawson....thats incorrect. Dawson dumped Birmingham the fight before his title shot. he named Forbes and I know Roger and Floyd both trained him for about half of his fights, but dont remember the time range. then he went back and named Floyd Jr again cuz he couldnt think of anybody.

around here telling the truth is chitting on somebody. yall love to take one slither of information out of a post and make it a definitive statement. but I eat those shots all day.

mnnJjuA.gif

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Sr and Roger both ate off of Floyd's brilliance for years. Hell, didn't Floyd win a fight with Ellerbe in his corner? :heh:

Floyd is the most self trained fighter I have ever seen

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Broner can already slip punches. He doesn't move, which Roach can teach him, and also, Roach will have him letting his hands fly.

Look at Khan with Roach and with Hunter.....at least with Roach, he was blitzing people with hand speed and volume. Broner has very fast hands but doesn't work enough. Roach can fix that problem and teach Broner how to use his god given talents.

Freddie didnt fix Khan being open to hooks tho :lolbron:, that goes back to when Oliver Harrison was his trainer. Then again Khan does have bad footwork, at times it looks like bambi on ice or hes too quick for himself. Hunters tryin to fix Khans defensive fails, thats going to take some time. The good thing about Freddie is that he gives his fights alot of confidence, but I dont think Freddie & Broner would mesh well with each others personalities. And sayin if they did mesh well together, as soon as Broner comes up vs someone dangerous he'll go back to type like he did vs Maidana.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whoever Adrien chooses as a trainer, be it Stafford, Mayweathers, etc...he has to fight like they tell him to fight. also a fighter isnt just made inside the ring but out. losses really dont mean as much as people put emphasis on if the fighter has character. Eric Harding raked Tarver's ass over the coals but Tarver came back to not only destroy Harding but beat Roy and become a star in his own right. Hell, Manny is the best example. KTFO twice, once by a fukkin bum, but he goes on to become one of the biggest athletes (not boxer) in history. I will never forget when he was the underdog against Ledwaba. He had never even fought outside of the Phillipines before then. People were like Ledwaba gonna KTFO this chump. What happened after that was pure monumental history. :blessed:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
That would be the fight after Judah, non? Wasnt it Baldomir?

I can't remember. I just know, that's when it became clear that Floyd is self trained and uses his dad/uncle more for their extra set of eyes in the ring, rather than for anything else

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
whoever Adrien chooses as a trainer, be it Stafford, Mayweathers, etc...he has to fight like they tell him to fight. also a fighter isnt just made inside the ring but out. losses really dont mean as much as people put emphasis on if the fighter has character. Eric Harding raked Tarver's ass over the coals but Tarver came back to not only destroy Harding but beat Roy and become a star in his own right. Hell, Manny is the best example. KTFO twice, once by a fukkin bum, but he goes on to become one of the biggest athletes (not boxer) in history. I will never forget when he was the underdog against Ledwaba. He had never even fought outside of the Phillipines before then. People were like Ledwaba gonna KTFO this chump. What happened after that was pure monumental history. :blessed:
Bernard Hopkins too.

After the first Roy fight, he was supposed to be done. Hell.....what about Maidana? He lost 3 timss already and bc he beat AB, he has a chance to fight Floyd on PPV

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You know damn well Tarver and Manny is on roids breh:comeon:

Shyt is comical watching you nikkas sit back and give eachother pep talks
tumblr_mokf2b8iZi1rz36j2o1_100.png

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
something like that...I remember because Roger was locked up I think

I know Roger was banned from the corner for a year for the fukkery in the Judah fight.

I can't remember. I just know, that's when it became clear that Floyd is self trained and uses his dad/uncle more for their extra set of eyes in the ring, rather than for anything else

Most of the Goat Athletes are usually self trained to a degree.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the Mayweathers. I think Floyd Sr is one of the best out there, but he is not the best. Its hard to say who is the best because you have to look at how much success they add to a fighters career. In my time, I am partial to Emanuel Steward because I thought he had the best technical preparation and always used a fighters strengths in his game plan...even if it cause fights to be lackluster. Lennox was much more exciting before Steward but with Steward...he was nearly unbeatable. Same with Klitschko. The main thing is....he nurtured a lot of fighters from pups. A lot of those guys lived in his house...like Moorer and Lee. He really took a great interest in his fighters. He always had appropriate sparring. When Cintron was his fighter...he took him everywhere he went. Cintron, Banks, etc...they were always in camp with the Klitschkos. They usually fought on the undercards...so Steward kept them paid too. Manny loved boxing but he had a style that was distinctive of his training. Thomas Hearns right hand was from years of mechanic tutelage from Manny. He took that damn rec center and produced champions from it...like Kinty, McCrory. He worked with damn near everybody in the gym, from Toney, to Forrest, to Guzman. Manny Steward was the best trainer I seen in my time IMO. R.I.P. to a true legend.

nNJuSqb.gif

Last edited: