Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You missing my point. Nobody called it that until that shyt was in a video game.

Everybody got different modifications of the shoulder roll and some do it better than others.

also nobody called it shoulder roll til Floyd Jr popularized it. they didnt say it in Sr. day. I havent played Fight Night since Super Nintendo or some chit because I just dont like the way EA does boxing games. It may have been one of the early PS3 ones I played, I remember Shane Mosley was in it...

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think its important to note that like any other style everyone had their own variation of the Shell. They called it Philly Shell because thats where it supposedly originated and was popularized. Someone taught it to Floyd Sr and he modified it. He taught it to his son and his son perfected it. but the style has been around for a while...Archie Moore used it. Toney fought a lot like Archie Moore but with his own twist.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we giving credit to trainers for what they did in the amateurs now??:dahell:

no dipchit. your brain dont work on two-way. Stafford is a good trainer in his own right cuz he raised pups and brought them through the amateur program into the pros. so to play your game....you dont count amateur boxing as development or pedigree? Stafford was simply asking who has Floyd raised from a pup besides his son and molded into a champion? likewise with Roy Sr and guys like that. just because you trained one guy to be great dont necessarily make you a great trainer. when a fighter makes it big in the pros, you can go back and a lot of people gonna want some credit. with Stafford, he built a champion from when he was a little boy and he was good enough to win multiple titles with him PROFESSIONALLY.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
no dipchit. your brain dont work on two-way. Stafford is a good trainer in his own right cuz he raised pups and brought them through the amateur program into the pros. so to play your game....you dont count amateur boxing as development or pedigree? Stafford was simply asking who has Floyd raised from a pup besides his son and molded into a champion? likewise with Roy Sr and guys like that. just because you trained one guy to be great dont necessarily make you a great trainer. when a fighter makes it big in the pros, you can go back and a lot of people gonna want some credit. with Stafford, he built a champion from when he was a little boy and he was good enough to win multiple titles with him PROFESSIONALLY.

God you a fakkit lately:heh:

Erry sports athlete in erry sport had a trainer/ coach that brought them up

Who fukking cares:comeon:

We talking bout PROFESSIONAL trainers/coaches N Broners ain't shyt

A good professional trainer would had a game plan, would a had AB throw to the fukking body, a good trainer would had AB watch out for the fukking overhand right N left hook that landed erry time...a good trainer doesn't get yelled at by his fighter while he's getting the beats, a good trainer doesn't let his fighter act a damn fool in the ring

fukk I care about Stafford training some dusty ass kids and winning tournaments:bryan:

Like if AB didnt change trainers when he turned pro he wouldnt have success cuz Stafford the great wasnt there:aicmon:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Stafford laid the foundation and he is the reason Broner is where he is now and got to this level from ground up

However, he's also reached his peak with Broner and Broner won't be going above where he's currently at, certainly not taking over boxing with Stafford

So thank you Stafford, but you're just not an elite trainer in the pros and Broner has the physical skill to be greater than what you can offer......

I wish you the best on your future endeavors :wow:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Its like a basketball/ baseball coach...

hire Doug Collins he helps the young guys develop get bounced from the playoffs

Say thanks fire his ass N hire Phil Jackson N win 6 rings

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Do you understand shyt about boxing, trainers usually have that one guy they translate with, so what if all Sr and Roger brought up was Mayweather, muthafukker that's Prettyboy Floyd a lock top 10 atg. If FM trainers are criticizing Floyds mini me he should shut the fukk up and listen, they all should shut the hell up.

This it's whats wrong with Broner his ass has been kissed to the moon and hasn't done shyt and hasn't looked that special vs average comp to boot.....

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A Floyd stan saying a fighter is done after having 1 loss. Why am I not surprised? :mjpls:
@Skip b has been saying Broner ain't shyt for some time now. Give him credit for his consistency.

I tend to agree somewhat. I think Broner is a good fighter but he has very obvious flaws and he's not a special talent even though he keeps getting promoted as such. I don't know how the fukk he got into top 10 pfp. Beating Demarco (only emphatic victory over a good fighter Broner's ever had) should not put you there.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
@Skip b has been saying Broner ain't shyt for some time now. Give him credit for his consistency.

No one here aside from Newzz was saying Broner was great and even Newzz knew he had his flaws. If he makes the right changes he can still be a good fighter(at the lighter weights). In no way is a loss to Maidana at 147 putting him on bum status.