Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
dnhp1h.jpg

:bryan:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
well, we look at it different. I think if Oscar doesnt try that he probably has an easier time with Vargas. Vargas was trying to overpower him, and it was working, particularly since Oscar not a physical fighter at all. After Sr? Cant really give conclusive evidence because Oscar was on the way down anyway and trying to get his promotional thing going, plus he was rich as hell and probably getting coked up and dressin like
DSFKmC6.png

There was much more to Oscar's decline than FMsr. Actually, he didnt look that bad until the Manny fight when he was clearly done. His fights with Shane and Floyd werent that bad.
So Forbes ODH didnt look bad:comeon:

What I tell you about talking out your ass....

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
another reason why is because its a unique style that was created by Sr and perfected by Jr. you have to learn it at an early age. then you have to have a complete package to go with it, which Sr didnt have. also, you cant employ it all the time. its a tactic that you have to know when and when not to use it and who not to use it against. Perfect example, Floyd didnt use it that much against Zab in the early rounds because Zab too fast. he also didnt use the jab to the body much against Zab for the same reasons.
Floyd is a great fighter because he knows what to do and when to do it, not because of the shoulder roll.

Exactly. It's like nikkas look at Floyd and think the shoulder roll is beginning and ending of everything. They don't consider, the stance, the footwork, the reflexes, knowing and anticipating certain punch sequences, years of practicing it, knowing when not to use it and when to use it, and etc...

I've seen older fighters used that defense back in the day and for the most part used it effectively, but these new nikkas lack the basics and ring IQ to make it work for them.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But he doesn't have a chin doe :dahell:

We all saw get him wobbled off a Julio Diaz JAB

he doesnt have a chin, but he does have a point. he wasnt saying he has a chin only pointing out that if people say he doesnt then compare his fight with MM to AB's fight. he did better against Maidana did than AB. Khan got heart, but he was an overrated fighter from jump too. I still fukk with his fights though.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Forbes ODH didnt look bad:comeon:

What I tell you about talking out your ass....

dont think that had anything to do with FMsr though. Oscar aint never move his fukkin head like he was supposed to, so its not hard to get tagged by a fast fighter like Forbes. he basically took that fight to try and get ready for Floyd.....another fight in which he didnt move his head.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. It's like nikkas look at Floyd and think the shoulder roll is beginning and ending of everything. They don't consider, the stance, the footwork, the reflexes, knowing and anticipating certain punch sequences, years of practicing it, knowing when not to use it and when to use it, and etc...

I've seen older fighters used that defense back in the day and for the most part used it effectively, but these new nikkas lack the basics and ring IQ to make it work for them.

its some confusion and part of it is coming from FMsr. the style has been named the "shoulder roll" when in reference to the Mayweather's. its just a slightly modified version of the Philly Shell. the way Floyd uses it, its for defense and countering. AB uses it for offense and that's a way to eat a lot of punches. Its hard as hell to use that style while coming forward. Even James Toney ate a million punches with it but people consider him a great defensive fighter. Toney just had a good chin and good upper body movement...plus he was a good puncher.

I dont think the Philly Shell is the weakness of AB, its his boxing.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15832.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Broners trainer interview

he goes in on Floyds dad and uncle.

that guy is dillusional as fukk.
He grew up in Cincinnati in the camp with champions, you know. Ricardo Williams. Ravae Springs. Robert Dula.
:russ:

Floyd got dropped before and he came back. He got hurt when he was fighting Shane Mosley. He got dropped when he was fighting Zab Judah, but he came back. DeMarcus Corley too.
:deadmanny:

24-year-old against a 31-year-old experienced man. They didn't give him no credit. All they're saying is that he got his ass whooped,
:pachaha:

Now, Brandon Rios, all of them, they fight dirty, they test up dirty; nobody ain't saying nothing about this. They fighting dirty.
:heh:

I take back what I said.......he needs a new trainer :snoop:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
another reason why is because its a unique style that was created by Sr and perfected by Jr. you have to learn it at an early age. then you have to have a complete package to go with it, which Sr didnt have. also, you cant employ it all the time. its a tactic that you have to know when and when not to use it and who not to use it against. Perfect example, Floyd didnt use it that much against Zab in the early rounds because Zab too fast. he also didnt use the jab to the body much against Zab for the same reasons.
Floyd is a great fighter because he knows what to do and when to do it, not because of the shoulder roll.

top level post :wow:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Say brehs......dude this dude @Skip b just call ME a troll???:what:

The same person who named himself after a professional troll? The same Skip who's boxing knowledge only goes back to 1996?:dead:

Come on breh.....nobody believes you:rudy:

You the same dude running around saying Malignaggi and Maidana are both elite fighters:camby:

Sit down somewhere lil nikka before I spank that ass with boxing knowledge from thread to thread again:birdman:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike Stafford said a lot of crazy chit in that interview but still, recognize, he is a great trainer from the amateur level and is making the transition to pro. He raised a lot of these guys up and for that, you gotta respect this man for his contributions to the game. He has a world champ in Broner and will have one in Warren too. How many trainers can say that about fighters they brought up from infancy? Most only have one guy. Guys like Stafford, Al Mitchell, Barry Hunter, etc...these guys need to be given credit for their cultivation of fighters from an early age. They may not be the best pro trainers but they are still good in their own right. Guys turn pro and get professional trainers a lot of time and the people that got them to that point dont get any credit. Without foundation, you have nothing to stand on.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
you guys look at things one way. I am by no means a #bandcamp supporter. at the same time, a lot of things Stafford said has points. everything is an illusion and perception is reality. about the only thing he said in the interview that was outlandish was about Cole being biased towards Chino...if anything Cole was biased towards Broner.

I know Floyd Sr is a good trainer but Stafford has a lot of good points about him. Floyd Sr always had a big mouth and ran around tooting his own horn. As a trainer, he made his name because he was Floyd's daddy and thats how he parlayed his way into the spotlight. thats the only reason Oscar even hired him. Floyd always got established fighters. Like Guzman, Dawson, ODLH, etc....
he is important in making Floyd the fighter who he is but he didnt do it with nobody else. Same with Roger. Roger gained notoriety as a trainer due to Floyd. Then everybody just started coming to LV to train. Stafford is a good coach and he has good pedigree with fighters. If he wants to say he is better than the Mayweathers, thats not delusional because Floyd Jr was undefeated for a long time without Floyd Sr training him or in his corner. Not sure whats delusional about that. In a way, Floyd Sr is like Plies to me. He never had a hit without featuring someone who was already a star or established beside him. Does mean he cant train, but I am careful not to overrate trainers too.

He made a lot of points about the fans throwing stuff and the headbutt. That's a dirty move, whether Victor Ortiz did it or MM...same thing. Stafford was speaking a lot out of emotion though and a lot of stuff he was saying he was extreme with and giving worst case scenarios.

As far as the cheating allegations, if they did bring that to the commission, thats not bytchmade. If you were in his shoes and you thought it was something funny going on you wouldnt bring it up? thats not realistic breh. his job is to protect his fighter and make sure he got a fare shake. you cant be callin street on this chit sayin its a no snitch rules and such.

I can see where Stafford was attempting to go with the KDs but I dont believe he was cognizant of the actual cards. Had the fight been exactly the same minus the KDs, AB still wouldve lost by Majority Decision. So he doenst have a point there unless he assumes if Broner doesnt start off so bad the judges show bias in his favor and gives him more credit than he should have received because he was the star fighter. :manny:

All and all, what he said about AB being a kid is true. When I stop and think about it, I am old enough to be his daddy. Still, he has the wrong people in his ear and in his camp. He really needs a nigguh like me who is balanced from having had experience from the street level to the corporate level. Its hard to find nigguhz like that, I agree, either they are one or the other.
But just from that interview it is evident that Stafford (who should be that older level headed guy to speak the truth to Broner no matter what) is just as delusional and idiotic as everyone else in their camp.
Him going on and on about that headbutt like it was anything of significance and repeatedly bringing up that Maidana should have been disqualified and the ref was against them and Maidiana's performance was chemically enhanced in some way. That is all the stuff that gives the impression that there is not one person capable of accepting that defeat like a man and that nothing ids going to change going forward.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But just from that interview it is evident that Stafford (who should be that older level headed guy to speak the truth to Broner no matter what) is just as delusional and idiotic as everyone else in their camp.
Him going on and on about that headbutt like it was anything of significance and repeatedly bringing up that Maidana should have been disqualified and the ref was against them and Maidiana's performance was chemically enhanced in some way. That is all the stuff that gives the impression that there is not one person capable of accepting that defeat like a man and that nothing ids going to change going forward.

its hard to accept. denial is a mutha. you always have to ask yourself "what if". its a lot of emotion right now. a lot of anger especially. Stafford said he is 57....he is as level headed and mature as he is going to get. he is upset for what happened to his fighter. he had a point about a lot of stuff but he exaggerated every thing which makes you want to discredit every thing but you cant. the headbutt was dirty yes. should he have been disqualified? absolutely not. the stuff they are saying is not just made up stuff like Juanma with no basis whatsoever. I just dont see any other trainer not reacting the same way.....not Roach, not Mayweather SR, even the late great Manny Steward....he was pissed after the JCCjr vs Lee fight when jr didnt submit that pee. Was that sour grapes? A lot of misguided emotions and stances are simply because this was Adrien Broner who lost.