Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we gotta start putting stuff in the proper perspective here and thats what I aim to do. everything is relative...but Ricardo Williams is definitely a champion even if not on the professional level. he was a multiple amateur champion and Olympic medalist. so lets not act like that nothing. how many people do we know, including ourselves who has coached someone to the Olympic/World Championship level? How many people do we know who can coach someone to a regional championship on the world level? Springs did fight for a major world title...you have to be pretty good to do that. As for Springs, he was a world championship amateur and National Golden Gloves champ. He is a scrub in relation to the Mayweathers and Bradleys of the world but chumps dont make it to that level. Amateur trainers dont get the glory like Pro trainers do and that's not fair because somebody taught these guys how to fight. Look at it from that angle.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
really. cause i'm convinced he's getting extorted. when he's commentating his observations & assessments are so on point and you just look at the tv like "the fukk"???....dude is droppin the knowledge and advice he needs to be taking himself. shyt just doesn't make sense. he's obviously all the way there. he knows damn well he has nothing left. dude gotta be in debt to some ruthless muthafukkers. its the only explanation.

:ohhh:

:bryan:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree and disagree, Boner is done, will his critics accept a bum tour at this point, nope.....

Broner has something. We are just not sure to what degree. I would think he has more talent than to relegate him to a bum tour. I wouldnt underestimate the campaign and tactics to rebuild him. The game is the game....and somebody else wins or loses over there......doors open up. Also, money opens doors.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Broner has something. We are just not sure to what degree. I would think he has more talent than to relegate him to a bum tour. I wouldnt underestimate the campaign and tactics to rebuild him. The game is the game....and somebody else wins or loses over there......doors open up. Also, money opens doors.
Im very sure, he simply aint shyt, Paulie is great but seriously flawed and Ponce de Leon aint no world beater

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
But just from that interview it is evident that Stafford (who should be that older level headed guy to speak the truth to Broner no matter what) is just as delusional and idiotic as everyone else in their camp.
Him going on and on about that headbutt like it was anything of significance and repeatedly bringing up that Maidana should have been disqualified and the ref was against them and Maidiana's performance was chemically enhanced in some way. That is all the stuff that gives the impression that there is not one person capable of accepting that defeat like a man and that nothing ids going to change going forward.
way i see it too, they just coming up with excuses plain and simple.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
we gotta start putting stuff in the proper perspective here and thats what I aim to do. everything is relative...but Ricardo Williams is definitely a champion even if not on the professional level. he was a multiple amateur champion and Olympic medalist. so lets not act like that nothing. how many people do we know, including ourselves who has coached someone to the Olympic/World Championship level? How many people do we know who can coach someone to a regional championship on the world level? Springs did fight for a major world title...you have to be pretty good to do that. As for Springs, he was a world championship amateur and National Golden Gloves champ. He is a scrub in relation to the Mayweathers and Bradleys of the world but chumps dont make it to that level. Amateur trainers dont get the glory like Pro trainers do and that's not fair because somebody taught these guys how to fight. Look at it from that angle.
ok.... so broner doesnt need a new trainer than.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I see your view but a lot of these fighters were amateur champions...he could have used better examples than those 3 lol...The hawk or Tim Austin would have been better examples to get his point across..they actually made it to the top

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I see your view but a lot of these fighters were amateur champions...he could have used better examples than those 3 lol...The hawk or Tim Austin would have been better examples to get his point across..they actually made it to the top

I don't know how he forgot to mention Tim Austin. :snoop:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
its some confusion and part of it is coming from FMsr. the style has been named the "shoulder roll" when in reference to the Mayweather's. its just a slightly modified version of the Philly Shell. the way Floyd uses it, its for defense and countering. AB uses it for offense and that's a way to eat a lot of punches. Its hard as hell to use that style while coming forward. Even James Toney ate a million punches with it but people consider him a great defensive fighter. Toney just had a good chin and good upper body movement...plus he was a good puncher.

I dont think the Philly Shell is the weakness of AB, its his boxing.

I've never heard anyone call that shyt the philly shell until after it was in that Fight Night game. For the most part nikkas always referred to it as the shoulder roll or shoulder defense.

Anyways it's not Broner's problem. It might be a part of it since he uses it incorrectly at times, but it's his overall boxing IQ that is lacking the most.
Broner doesn't....

-Jab enough
-use the whole ring to fight
-go to the body enough at times and head hunts too much
-control the pace

pretty much his overall ring generalship. Even then his current skill level should have been enough to beat Maidana, but dude wasn't in shape and overlooked dude. Sometimes effort will mask flaws and Broner couldn't even go into that 2nd gear at all.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

but I think he is talking about fighters he was directly involved with. I dont know if he was involved with the development of Austin, much less Pryor who would be closer to his own age. with Broner he nurtured a world champion from the ground up

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok.... so broner doesnt need a new trainer than.

not what I am saying at all. I for one believe you need diversity and pedigree. a fighter needs more than one teacher in his career. I would say the same thing about Kevin Cunningham and Devon or other combos like that. learning from the same guy your whole life, you can be good but limited. when you train with others you gain more knowledge. I actually believe that when a fighter hits the pros he should consider not be trained by his amateur coach.

people didnt have a prob with Stafford before, now when AB loses he is the reason? no. A new trainer doesnt solve his problems. it may help, but he has to modify his style...thats the first thing. next is to stay away from 147 right now.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never heard anyone call that shyt the philly shell until after it was in that Fight Night game. For the most part nikkas always referred to it as the shoulder roll or shoulder defense.

Anyways it's not Broner's problem. It might be a part of it since he uses it incorrectly at times, but it's his overall boxing IQ that is lacking the most.
Broner doesn't....

-Jab enough
-use the whole ring to fight
-go to the body enough at times and head hunts too much
-control the pace

pretty much his overall ring generalship. Even then his current skill level should have been enough to beat Maidana, but dude wasn't in shape and overlooked dude. Sometimes effort will mask flaws and Broner couldn't even go into that 2nd gear at all.

its the philly shell. Sr just modified how its used. Floyd doesnt fight exclusively Philly Shell. rolling the shoulders is a modification. Broner comes in and attacks and he doesnt roll his shoulders much on defense, he just leans back or backs up at an angle. people say he copied that from Floyd because Adrien does actually want to be like Floyd. the being like part is true but I never watched Broner before HBO so I dont know if he had another style prior to that.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
its the philly shell. Sr just modified how its used. Floyd doesnt fight exclusively Philly Shell. rolling the shoulders is a modification. Broner comes in and attacks and he doesnt roll his shoulders much on defense, he just leans back or backs up at an angle. people say he copied that from Floyd because Adrien does actually want to be like Floyd. the being like part is true but I never watched Broner before HBO so I dont know if he had another style prior to that.

You missing my point. Nobody called it that until that shyt was in a video game.

Everybody got different modifications of the shoulder roll and some do it better than others.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You missing my point. Nobody called it that until that shyt was in a video game.

Everybody got different modifications of the shoulder roll and some do it better than others.

Its in the fighter. Toney uses the shell/roll but he counters a lot more from it. he uses it to set guys up. Floyd counters with it but strictly from a defensive posture. Floyd uses his legs and doesnt stay in the shell for long periods of time, only when he needs it...which is most of the time when he is against the ropes or he is baiting a guy. its excellent for baiting if you have quick hands. thats what Broner did to Demarco. Floyd is a complete fighter who mixes his offense and defense up. Toney is a guy who uses his defense to generate offense. Toney has a lot of upper body movement and can walk in using the shell. he has mastered it because no matter how :flabbynsick: he gets, he still aint been KOed. and remember, he is a middleweight who fought the lights out puncher Peter TWICE!!!