Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
who else has Floyd Sr molded into an ATG? I'll wait....
so you think the Mayweathers training style can make Broner overcome all the boxing issues he has? lol......them nikkas just tryin to build their brand and have another star fighter in their camp. that nikka aint no Manny Steward or Eddie Futch...FOH. Stafford will be good in his own right because he will have his own stable of champions that will be made from his camp....not champions coming in. So I guess Jack Mosley is a great trainer too. So is Roy Sr. Bringing one guy up from infancy to world class is good, but can you do it with multiple fighters? I'mma be forced to start fukkin with #bandcamp now because I see the hate is becoming irrational.

#bandcamp don't even fukk with Stafford N you over here :cape: for dude like you his relative:comeon:

Name one thing Stafford can do for Broner that 100 other Trainers cant

Now lets look at the Laundry list of things AB needs to improve on N hasnt under Staffords watch

shyt look at Verdejos trainer....his last fight he started clowning in the ring N his trainer got in his ass during rds bout that...thats how its fukking done:smugfavre:

Meanwhile at #bandcamp the inmate runs the asylum, gains massive weight during fights, admidted to not training properly, has no fukking gameplan, cant adjust before during N after fights bu bu bu bu but Staffords a good coach:childplease:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
#bandcamp don't even fukk with Stafford N you over here :cape: for dude like you his relative:comeon:

Name one thing Stafford can do for Broner that 100 other Trainers cant

Now lets look at the Laundry list of things AB needs to improve on N hasnt under Staffords watch

shyt look at Verdejos trainer....his last fight he started clowning in the ring N his trainer got in his ass during rds bout that...thats how its fukking done:smugfavre:

Meanwhile at #bandcamp the inmate runs the asylum, gains massive weight during fights, admidted to not training properly, has no fukking gameplan, cant adjust before during N after fights bu bu bu bu but Staffords a good coach:childplease:

I dont get it. I never will. Just dont see how Stafford is not a good coach. Yeah, other trainers can do more for Broner, I done said that like 3 times...because Stafford dont have all the answers, he dont know everything about boxing. I just dont see how any trainer immediately makes Broner into something he is not. He is a work in progress and he aint ready for WW. So Floyd Sr a great coach cuz he told Ricky to go in and wrestle with Manny and get KTFO? different trainers bring different things, but the trainer just like most coaches in any sport takes the heat for a loss or bad season. A lot of time, the criticism is unwarranted. Again, I am not saying he doesnt need a change in trainers.....he does, but thats only because his current trainer as taken him as far as he can go....not because he sucks as a trainer.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike Stafford said a lot of crazy chit in that interview but still, recognize, he is a great trainer from the amateur level and is making the transition to pro. He raised a lot of these guys up and for that, you gotta respect this man for his contributions to the game. He has a world champ in Broner and will have one in Warren too. How many trainers can say that about fighters they brought up from infancy? Most only have one guy. Guys like Stafford, Al Mitchell, Barry Hunter, etc...these guys need to be given credit for their cultivation of fighters from an early age. They may not be the best pro trainers but they are still good in their own right. Guys turn pro and get professional trainers a lot of time and the people that got them to that point dont get any credit. Without foundation, you have nothing to stand on.

Your bringing too much logic to this thread.

Mike is a very good coach. I believe the problem is as Broner has become a man, he has his own idea of how he wants to fight. For instance, let's take the shoulder roll. Broner did not even start using it until a couple of years ago. Prior to that, he fought with a high guard, which Mike does have a reputation of teaching. He looked like a Stafford fighter. I doubt he said, "hey, even though you've been fighting out the high guard since you were 9 years old, let's just do the shoulder roll." Obviously it was Broner's idea & Mike had to work around it.

I definitely agree that Broner needs a new trainer if he wants to fight that way. Floyd Sr was trained by Dale Williams. There are still a few from the stable still around that can effectively team him the style. He can also go to the most popular man from that stable which is Mayweather Sr.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mike is a very good coach. I believe the problem is as Broner has become a man, he has his own idea of how he wants to fight. For instance, let's take the shoulder roll. Broner did not even start using it until a couple of years ago. Prior to that, he fought with a high guard, which Mike does have a reputation of teaching. He looked like a Stafford fighter. I doubt he said, "hey, even though you've been fighting out the high guard since you were 9 years old, let's just do the shoulder roll." Obviously it was Broner's idea & Mike had to work around it.

I definitely agree that Broner needs a new trainer if he wants to fight that way. Floyd Sr was trained by Dale Williams. There are still a few from the stable still around that can effectively team him the style. He can also go to the most popular man from that stable which is Mayweather Sr.

thank you for that info because as I said....I never watched Broner before HBO so I didnt know what style he was fighting in. but now that you say he was high guard...:ohhh: that explains a lot

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thank you for that info because as I said....I never watched Broner before HBO so I didnt know what style he was fighting in. but now that you say he was high guard...:ohhh: that explains a lot

Here's how he use to fight

It wasn't until the Litzau fight where I noticed he was trying to be like Mayweather. That's the where it all started.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Does a "good" trainer not tell the young knucklehead fight like you was taught N stop the BS??

Again the inmate running the asylum N errybody jus cool with it

Imagine Kirkland telling Wolfe you know what ima fight like this from now on....or PAC telling Roach ima fight with the shoulder roll:russ:

Them trainers would slap some God damn sense in they fighters

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does a "good" trainer not tell the young knucklehead fight like you was taught N stop the BS??

Again the inmate running the asylum N errybody jus cool with it

Imagine Kirkland telling Wolfe you know what ima fight like this from now on....or PAC telling Roach ima fight with the shoulder roll:russ:

Them trainers would slap some God damn sense in they fighters

I agree, but the fighter doesn't have to listen. Broner is in a position where he is now the boss & the one calling the shots. You'll find most trainers deal with it in order to get paid. Even Roach deals with a lot of shiit from Pacquaio.

Wolfe is completely different. She lives a simple life in Austin. You get the impression she's not completely motivated by money.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Broner before HBO :mjpls:

Don't you EVER post this fight again:ufdup:

And sorry brehs, ripping and running all day. No Broner didn't use the shoulder roll years back
That's why whenever he gets in deep trouble in the ring, he immediately resorts back to his most "natural" defense.

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
1491730_547678741976416_939828260_n.jpg

broner_viking-1.jpg

black-horse-broner.jpg

celine_broner.jpg

:russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72906#ixzz2nyhaXJas
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
While the two sides continue to negotiate a deal, the World Boxing Association has ordered Denis Lebedev vs. Guillermo Jones to head a purse bid on Monday, January 6th, at 11:00 a.m. The purse bid will take place at the WBA's office in Marbella, Panama. The Bidding will be directed by WBA Championship Committee Vice Chairman Aurelio Fiengo. A minimum of $200,000 has to be placed down in the bidding.

This past May, Jones knocked out Lebedev in the eleventh round to capture the WBA's cruiserweight title. Following the match, Jones tested positive for a banned substance. A few months later the WBA stripped him of the world title and returned it to Lebedev. The sanctioning body would then ordered a rematch between the two boxers.

man lebedev must be a glutton for punishment...brave guy...jones nearly ended his career in that brutal fight earlier this year..well looks like hes gonna finish the job..i hope wealth tv airs it

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
that fight against kickett Broner dropped into the shell quite a few times and was in it leading up to the KO. Was using it wrong then too.