Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I did. it was a dirty shot. I said in the above post that Cole was biased towards AB. He gave AB all kinds of breaks for the holding and chit. but thats a B-Hop joint...if the ref allows you to get away with it... :manny:
And Maidana got dirty back, there is no need for the bytching

Is AB and his trainer trying to spin this ass whipping taking a page from troll posters such as @Newzz, like the ass whipping didnt actually occur, like Broner wasn't getting the ass beating of his life way way before the butt, like Broner wasnt crying and screaming to the ref cause he was getting that work

Broner aint about that life, I tried to tell you nikkas:demonic:

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
really. cause i'm convinced he's getting extorted. when he's commentating his observations & assessments are so on point and you just look at the tv like "the fukk"???....dude is droppin the knowledge and advice he needs to be taking himself. shyt just doesn't make sense. he's obviously all the way there. he knows damn well he has nothing left. dude gotta be in debt to some ruthless muthafukkers. its the only explanation.

true, because he seems to have all of his faculties except when it comes to him wanting to fight. Roy grossed over 50 mil in his career I know....so its really a headscratcher why he continues to want to get knocked out by bums that couldnt have lasted a round with him 10 years ago.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
lol so his trainer blames the headbutt for broner's jaw swelling up like a pumpkin :pachaha: not from those left hooks that were landing all night :wow: by the way ortiz would do broner worse than maidana did with or without the bow tie :flabbynsick:
I watched the fight a million times Broner jaw got broke in the 11tth........ after the shot below the swelling increased drastically and he wasn't screaming at his corner men in between 11 and 12 like he did every other round before, he couldnt say shyt contrary to other rounds because his jaw was broke

goSj.gif

Would like a better close up view of this shot, Showtime could have shown plenty of clean shots like this but they showed wild mauling ones.......

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Maidana got dirty back, there is no need for the bytching

Is AB and his trainer trying to spin this ass whipping taking a page from troll posters such as @Newzz, like the ass whipping didnt actually occur, like Broner wasn't getting the ass beating of his life way way before the butt, like Broner wasnt crying and screaming to the ref cause he was getting that work

Broner aint about that life, I tried to tell you nikkas:demonic:

I wouldnt write AB off just yet though. He still has marketability. It depends on if GBP, Haymon, Showtime, and most importantly he believe in himself. They can rebuild him. It would take hard work and dedication (sorry for the cliche) but he is a good fighter. As far as people saying he was exposed, I always say this...he was exposed to the casual fan and people that :udontknow: but to a lot of people like myself we knew he hadnt done nowhere near enough to be crowned a king and deserve such a high p4p rating. I was really unimpressed and underwhelmed with his win over Paulie.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
you guys look at things one way. I am by no means a #bandcamp supporter. at the same time, a lot of things Stafford said has points. everything is an illusion and perception is reality. about the only thing he said in the interview that was outlandish was about Cole being biased towards Chino...if anything Cole was biased towards Broner.

I know Floyd Sr is a good trainer but Stafford has a lot of good points about him. Floyd Sr always had a big mouth and ran around tooting his own horn. As a trainer, he made his name because he was Floyd's daddy and thats how he parlayed his way into the spotlight. thats the only reason Oscar even hired him. Floyd always got established fighters. Like Guzman, Dawson, ODLH, etc....
he is important in making Floyd the fighter who he is but he didnt do it with nobody else. Same with Roger. Roger gained notoriety as a trainer due to Floyd. Then everybody just started coming to LV to train. Stafford is a good coach and he has good pedigree with fighters. If he wants to say he is better than the Mayweathers, thats not delusional because Floyd Jr was undefeated for a long time without Floyd Sr training him or in his corner. Not sure whats delusional about that. In a way, Floyd Sr is like Plies to me. He never had a hit without featuring someone who was already a star or established beside him. Does mean he cant train, but I am careful not to overrate trainers too.

He made a lot of points about the fans throwing stuff and the headbutt. That's a dirty move, whether Victor Ortiz did it or MM...same thing. Stafford was speaking a lot out of emotion though and a lot of stuff he was saying he was extreme with and giving worst case scenarios.

As far as the cheating allegations, if they did bring that to the commission, thats not bytchmade. If you were in his shoes and you thought it was something funny going on you wouldnt bring it up? thats not realistic breh. his job is to protect his fighter and make sure he got a fare shake. you cant be callin street on this chit sayin its a no snitch rules and such.

I can see where Stafford was attempting to go with the KDs but I dont believe he was cognizant of the actual cards. Had the fight been exactly the same minus the KDs, AB still wouldve lost by Majority Decision. So he doenst have a point there unless he assumes if Broner doesnt start off so bad the judges show bias in his favor and gives him more credit than he should have received because he was the star fighter. :manny:

All and all, what he said about AB being a kid is true. When I stop and think about it, I am old enough to be his daddy. Still, he has the wrong people in his ear and in his camp. He really needs a nigguh like me who is balanced from having had experience from the street level to the corporate level. Its hard to find nigguhz like that, I agree, either they are one or the other.

Pretty much agree with everything you said breh.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sn: its funny how Floyd Sr been talkin chit about Broner and other guys using the shoulder roll. FMS is a cad. he says that stuff because he originated that style. he knocks it when its being employed by a fighter not trained by him but if they are then thats what he tried to get them to do. Dont ever forget when Oscar tried that chit against Vargas and almost got KOed before he threw that chit in the bushes.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol so his trainer blames the headbutt for broner's jaw swelling up like a pumpkin :pachaha: not from those left hooks that were landing all night :wow: by the way ortiz would do broner worse than maidana did with or without the bow tie :flabbynsick:

I aint about to start hyping up Ortiz for anything til I see what kind of tenacity he shows against Collazo. Personally, I think Ortiz is comfortable in life. He should have a nice size bank account. He said himself, he dont deserve being beat up like this. So we shall see. He is a long ways from that trailer shack, 3rd world living conditions and foster care, and thats what defined him and made him "Vicious". Every fighter needs that edge.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I wouldnt write AB off just yet though. He still has marketability. It depends on if GBP, Haymon, Showtime, and most importantly he believe in himself. They can rebuild him. It would take hard work and dedication (sorry for the cliche) but he is a good fighter. As far as people saying he was exposed, I always say this...he was exposed to the casual fan and people that :udontknow: but to a lot of people like myself we knew he hadnt done nowhere near enough to be crowned a king and deserve such a high p4p rating.
I agree and disagree, Boner is done, will his critics accept a bum tour at this point, nope.....

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
sn: its funny how Floyd Sr been talkin chit about Broner and other guys using the shoulder roll. FMS is a cad. he says that stuff because he originated that style. he knocks it when its being employed by a fighter not trained by him but if they are then thats what he tried to get them to do. Dont ever forget when Oscar tried that chit against Vargas and almost got KOed before he threw that chit in the bushes.

Exactly. That shyt looked so weird when Oscar was trying that shyt.

I think the reason most nikkas can't use that defense properly is because they don't have the stance right. Most dudes try to square up and do that shyt when you're actually supposed to be at an angle to your opponent giving them half of your body as a target instead of your whole body. Guzman used to do that defense as well at times and got tagged repeatedly for that shyt. When most people think of good foot work they envision a nikka moving all over the ring like Miguel Vasquez or Cory Spinks, but don't notice dudes that employ subtle movements like pivots and such that get you in an out of range to land and defend. nikkas be squared up trying to do the shoulder roll and get caught with right hands that wouldn't land if they had their stance right and rolled their shoulder to deflect the incoming punch. nikkas are trying to completely rely on reflexes to make that defense work when in actuality the strength is in the foundation of the stance.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Actually thats myth watch the damn fight, the shoulder roll saved him vs a roided Vargas

Getting caught once doesnt mean the roll didnt work for Oscar, how did Oscar look post Sr answer that...

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually thats myth watch the damn fight, the shoulder roll saved him vs a roided Vargas

Getting caught once doesnt mean the roll didnt work for Oscar, how did Oscar look post Sr answer that...

well, we look at it different. I think if Oscar doesnt try that he probably has an easier time with Vargas. Vargas was trying to overpower him, and it was working, particularly since Oscar not a physical fighter at all. After Sr? Cant really give conclusive evidence because Oscar was on the way down anyway and trying to get his promotional thing going, plus he was rich as hell and probably getting coked up and dressin like
DSFKmC6.png

There was much more to Oscar's decline than FMsr. Actually, he didnt look that bad until the Manny fight when he was clearly done. His fights with Shane and Floyd werent that bad.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. That shyt looked so weird when Oscar was trying that shyt.

I think the reason most nikkas can't use that defense properly is because they don't have the stance right. Most dudes try to square up and do that shyt when you're actually supposed to be at an angle to your opponent giving them half of your body as a target instead of your whole body. Guzman used to do that defense as well at times and got tagged repeatedly for that shyt. When most people think of good foot work they envision a nikka moving all over the ring like Miguel Vasquez or Cory Spinks, but don't notice dudes that employ subtle movements like pivots and such that get you in an out of range to land and defend. nikkas be squared up trying to do the shoulder roll and get caught with right hands that wouldn't land if they had their stance right and rolled their shoulder to deflect the incoming punch. nikkas are trying to completely rely on reflexes to make that defense work when in actuality the strength is in the foundation of the stance.

another reason why is because its a unique style that was created by Sr and perfected by Jr. you have to learn it at an early age. then you have to have a complete package to go with it, which Sr didnt have. also, you cant employ it all the time. its a tactic that you have to know when and when not to use it and who not to use it against. Perfect example, Floyd didnt use it that much against Zab in the early rounds because Zab too fast. he also didnt use the jab to the body much against Zab for the same reasons.
Floyd is a great fighter because he knows what to do and when to do it, not because of the shoulder roll.