Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So now Paulie Malignaggi ducking a rematch with Adrien Broner, one that AB didnt even ask for:comeon:

How do you lose your title to a fighter, you say only beat laundry mat workers, and dont wanna exact revenge?:what:

Talking about "I have nothing to gain from fighting him now" but yet he wants to fight Garcia or Maidana:snoop:

What does Garcia gain for beating Pauletta? What does Maidana gain?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
So now Paulie Malignaggi ducking a rematch with Adrien Broner, one that AB didnt even ask for:comeon:

How do you lose your title to a fighter, you say only beat laundry mat workers, and dont wanna exact revenge?:what:

Talking about "I have nothing to gain from fighting him now" but yet he wants to fight Garcia or Maidana:snoop:

What does Garcia gain for beating Pauletta? What does Maidana gain?
Paulie's in a good position to bargain, he's a top 10 welterweight, coming off a one sided win over "rejuvenated" Zab Judah, lost his belt to Broner in a fight he did very well in (or a lot better than people thought he would....helluva lot better than he did with Hatton, Cano and Khan), former champion, easily marketable, has that Haymon/Showtime connection, dude is very well off right now.

Broner just got beat up. Add in a couple bad knockdowns and running from a post fight interview, it was just a bad look all around, especially after the shyt talking and the hard times he's given GBP over various different things (That chick he wanted at the press conference, not wanting to sign gloves, etc). Honestly, I'm not even sure he's top 10 at 147 anymore, again, the division is loaded with talent right now and he just proved what I didn't want to believe for quite some time now

...which is that he's Berto 2.0 :to:

He can change, and maybe that comes with a different trainer, but only time will tell. Berto never changed and he had all the physical gifts in the world, damn shame too...

If you're coming off a good win, you usually wanna fight a guy coming off a good win simply because to the general public it looks better and easier to market. I'm not saying you can't fight a guy coming off a bad loss, but if you're gonna take the risk of losing, wouldn't you rather lose to a guy on top than faltering?

Of course, there's an exception to every rule...and that exception is drawing ability. Do Maidana or Garcia have Broner's drawing ability?........I don't think so.

In conclusion, I agree with Paulie as a fight fan, I disagree with Paulie as a business man. With the bad blood between them and Broner looking real vulnerable, that rematch would go over like free super bowl tickets :heh:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Paulie's in a good position to bargain, he's a top 10 welterweight, coming off a one sided win over "rejuvenated" Zab Judah, lost his belt to Broner in a fight he did very well in (or a lot better than people thought he would....helluva lot better than he did with Hatton, Cano and Khan), former champion, easily marketable, has that Haymon/Showtime connection, dude is very well off right now.

Broner just got beat up. Add in a couple bad knockdowns and running from a post fight interview, it was just a bad look all around, especially after the shyt talking and the hard times he's given GBP over various different things (That chick he wanted at the press conference, not wanting to sign gloves, etc). Honestly, I'm not even sure he's top 10 at 147 anymore, again, the division is loaded with talent right now and he just proved what I didn't want to believe for quite some time now

...which is that he's Berto 2.0 :to:

He can change, and maybe that comes with a different trainer, but only time will tell. Berto never changed and he had all the physical gifts in the world, damn shame too...

If you're coming off a good win, you usually wanna fight a guy coming off a good win simply because to the general public it looks better and easier to market. I'm not saying you can't fight a guy coming off a bad loss, but if you're gonna take the risk of losing, wouldn't you rather lose to a guy on top than faltering?

Of course, there's an exception to every rule...and that exception is drawing ability. Do Maidana or Garcia have Broner's drawing ability?........I don't think so.

In conclusion, I agree with Paulie as a fight fan, I disagree with Paulie as a business man. With the bad blood between them and Broner looking real vulnerable, that rematch would go over like free super bowl tickets :heh:

Paulies not stupid. He know he has no power and his times coming a close. He's looking for the most money right now. Broner fight does nothing for him, would do nothing for broner too.

SuikodenII

Daps
Paulies not stupid. He know he has no power and his times coming a close. He's looking for the most money right now. Broner fight does nothing for him, would do nothing for broner too.
Yeah he's gunning for another title or big market fight, then just go out once he takes another loss or hard fought victory, every fight he's in is potentially his last. Honestly, due to constant hand injuries and being at the end of his career, he can just sit back and wait on the biggest fight available. He's got his Showtime gig, he's still got money from prize fighting so he's content.

I think a rematch now with Broner would get the public enticed, but maybe down the line it wouldn't do much for either guy's legacy. Fighters talk that retirement talk, but money always talks the loudest. Like, I wouldn't shovel shyt for $10/hour.....but for $100/hour, I'd be the happiest shyt shoveling sum bytch you ever met.

I'm still on the Broner, move down to 140 bandwagon...there he could wreck shop, build his brand back up and eventual lead himself into another ass whooping against Lucas MaBEASTthye :mjpls:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:birdman:

Nah nikka theres a differrence...

Floyd plead guilty and did time for beating his baby mamma, and already had a record of being involved with domestic abuse...

With Manny, nikkas spreading a bunch of halftruths, baseless conspiracies, speculations, and heresay talking bout this person robbing Pac.. that person robbing Pac.. none of yall know shyt... trying to spread speculations as facts :scusthov:
Not even saying there's nothing to see... obviously something is going on with how pac is handling his taxes, but thats all we know until more facts come out nikkas can cut out all the reaching though :camby:

yes, he did plead guilty and did time...I am just saying, even if he didnt, if its alleged, it needs to be looked into. but he could definitely be scapegoated into a situation based on previous history too. (I am speaking of in the future.)

I dont know who stole from Manny but I can bet you somebody did. Whether it comes out now or later. His books aint right for a reason. I havent delved that deep so you may be talking about someone else in that regard. My point is....aint nobody freezing his accounts and claiming he owes x amount without something not being off somewhere in the equation. In light of how Manny is and the people surrounding him....I would safely assume somebody is dippin on him.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Why should he rematch? According to you Broner whooped his ass. :mjpls:

Exactly. Broner whooped his ass, but Paulie talkin bout he don't need a rematch. I don't like when fighters don't try and avenge their losses:manny:

SuikodenII

Daps

Been awhile, but I'm back...Hilario Zapata won his title back and was still king, but there was another Japanese fighter on the rise, "The Okinawa Rail" Katsuo Tokashiki. He trained in the same gym as Yoko Gushiken and went out to bring the title back from once it was held for almost 5 years. Hwan Jin Kim complained about the weight (Bullshyt) being the reason for his performance and would get his rematch 2 years later against Katsuo. Was the weight to blame or was Tokashiki the real deal and heir to Gushiken's retired throne? Korea vs. Japan...​

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Been awhile, but I'm back...Hilario Zapata won his title back and was still king, but there was another Japanese fighter on the rise, "The Okinawa Rail" Katsuo Tokashiki. He trained in the same gym as Yoko Gushiken and went out to bring the title back from once it was held for almost 5 years. Hwan Jin Kim complained about the weight (Bullshyt) being the reason for his performance and would get his rematch 2 years later against Katsuo. Was the weight to blame or was Tokashiki the real deal and heir to Gushiken's retired throne? Korea vs. Japan...​

@synistr....this exactly the "@SuikodenII Exclusives" we be talking about:blessed:

My nikka got the plot all laid out for us like a movie and everything:salute:

I'm bout to watch this fight later tonight:myman:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Broner needs a soft touch

tumblr_mxafwrmWUh1sretbqo2_r1_500.gif